Author Topic: How not to start the day off ....  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Re: How not to start the day off ....
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »
You mean bowing and scraping isn't part of the job description? It isn't a standard requirment!?!?!?!?  eeek:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 08:11:01 PM »
Only at a senior management level  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2009, 07:35:08 AM »
OK - after yet another inappropriate email from the woman in question this morning regarding her being AWOL I have confirmed in writing to her today that I will be taking formal action for misconduct  cussing:

Whoop de doo - this will mean months of hassle  noooo:

And so the day begins  cry:

Skubber

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 07:38:12 AM »
The woman is a fool.

When someone uses the phrase "You can't get the staff these days" when commenting on an employee my retort is "wrong, you can't get rid of the staff these days!"

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 07:42:38 AM »
She has requested voluntary redundancy although her job is not at risk ( a case of jumping on the bandwagon) . What's the bet that even though she has a guaranteed job she is making life difficult enough that they will consider just paying her off.

Boils my noodles it really does  Banghead
Skubber

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 08:18:52 AM »
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:48:57 AM by Nick »
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2009, 09:15:22 AM »
I have arranged a meeting with HR at 11 - whats the bet they will shy away from this  evil:
Skubber

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 09:17:43 AM »
HR are always useless, but none of them ever gets made redundant for some reason  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 09:35:16 AM »
Booby trap her chair  eveilgrin:

http://gizmodo.com/5157354/boy-killed-anally-when-office-chair-explodes

Ouch...Where on earth do you get these things from Nick?

I am now going to swap my office chair for a hard chair. scared2:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »
 Explode: Explode: Explode:

HR want mediation  Banghead

her latest email

An apology was contained in the first email I sent you,  within that same email I confirmed my time of return.  An apology means I was in breach of procedure. In the same email I explained it was circumstances outside my control. A personal matter. I signalled in that  same email  I would be taken that time as AL or flexi.  What else could have been done?

Your instance on telling matters I am aware of is unclear.

My reasons for failing to notify the department on time , is in trying to meet the deadline for an assignment for a management course (which the department refused to sponsor me on)  I overslept. . I worked on  the assignment  till 4am  Monday.  The intention was to come into work, but I overslept.

I notified the department as soon as I was able to. Your inference suggesting I only  emailed because you rang, was insulting. I had no way of knowing you had called or left a message on my phone. Your accusation of  saying I was aggressive, is equally offensive.  No doubt you have your reasons for wanting to create such impressions in writing,  go ahead, but be sure it is based on evidence .

In 12 years, only twice have notified the council late in terms of my absence if that is a hanging offence , that is a decision for you.

Your exaggerated response on the matter show the unfairness and inconsistency of treatment of various staff.  There are greater abusers of council time in the xxx department , I don't see management make a move with respect to those.

Your management style would be more effective, if you weren't so concerned  with positioning.

Anyone fancy a drink after work  evil:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 01:35:24 PM »
What are we drinking ~ Blood?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2009, 01:40:46 PM »
Re-reading that email may I take it that English is not her mother tongue?

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »
She OVERSLEPT!  eeek:

oh good grief!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2009, 01:44:35 PM »
My old standby when dealing with HR was to declare that I felt unable to have the person back in my department as I had lost confidence and trust in them therefore, whilst I would not object to their continued employment in another department, they could not work under my direction.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2009, 01:59:03 PM »
Explode: Explode: Explode:

HR want mediation  Banghead

her latest email

An apology was contained in the first email I sent you,  within that same email I confirmed my time of return.  An apology means I was in breach of procedure. In the same email I explained it was circumstances outside my control. A personal matter. I signalled in that  same email  I would be taken that time as AL or flexi.  What else could have been done?

Your instance on telling matters I am aware of is unclear.

My reasons for failing to notify the department on time , is in trying to meet the deadline for an assignment for a management course (which the department refused to sponsor me on)  I overslept. . I worked on  the assignment  till 4am  Monday.  The intention was to come into work, but I overslept.

I notified the department as soon as I was able to. Your inference suggesting I only  emailed because you rang, was insulting. I had no way of knowing you had called or left a message on my phone. Your accusation of  saying I was aggressive, is equally offensive.  No doubt you have your reasons for wanting to create such impressions in writing,  go ahead, but be sure it is based on evidence .

In 12 years, only twice have notified the council late in terms of my absence if that is a hanging offence , that is a decision for you.

Your exaggerated response on the matter show the unfairness and inconsistency of treatment of various staff.  There are greater abusers of council time in the xxx department , I don't see management make a move with respect to those.

Your management style would be more effective, if you weren't so concerned  with positioning.

Anyone fancy a drink after work  evil:

They are on me!   happy100
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd