Author Topic: Next!  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Next!
« on: June 26, 2007, 12:31:39 PM »
I see that doctors are so pleased with their blanket smoking ban they?ve already started the next ?big one? to ban alcohol.  point:

Quote from: BBC Web Site
Doctors are calling for stricter alcohol laws in a bid to reduce the number of alcohol-related deaths.

Source

There really will need to be some civil disobedience if this incessant muddling in our lives is to be stopped. No smoking ? too dangerous, no booze next ? too dangerous, can?t advertise eggs ? too dangerous.

You can see what the future holds ? the nanny state controlling every tine aspect of our lives ? health police in the supermarket checking your trolley contents to make sure you have a healthy balance.

angry037
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Next!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 01:25:17 PM »
These will be the doctors who, as a professional group, statistically have a larger number of Drug Abusers, Alcoholics and Cigarette Smokers than any other single group in the UK will it?

BTW Police ~ as a group ~ have more Domestic Abusers than any other Group and Retained (ie Part Time) Fireman have more Arsonists than any other single group.

Still ~ That's life innit!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »
BTW Police ~ as a group ~ have more Domestic Abusers than any other Group

I knew that Sting was a wife beater the moment I saw him.
I mostly despair

Mr Happy

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 05:55:18 PM »
They already have in effect.  There are drinking exclusion zones in most outdoor areas and smoking bans in most indoor areas.