Disgusterous

Author Topic: Chain mail  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
Re: Chain mail
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2009, 04:43:57 PM »
I haven't a clue. The last one I managed to have a coherent conversation with left about seven years ago; he was mugged a few streets away and decided he'd had enough  noooo:

Since then, (and I'm trying to be objective) it's been Dimwit, Tosser, Mongo, OffMeHead, Sciver, Jack-the-would-be-Lad, Mr Cool ( noooo: ), Mr Poland (eees crazy!) et alia...

noooo: noooo:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
I quite fancy being a posty. Getting fit on a bike all day. Meet all the MILFs. Finish werk by one.

Please sir, I can read and count and ride a bike.

'Over qualified'
 noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »
Is there an age limit for being a postie?  B?gger the over qualifications.
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 09:16:25 PM »
I am currently receiving parcels and packages that I have been requested to bring to Cyprus. I have not opened any  scared2:

When I am asked at check in if I packed my own bag I can confidently say yes, but I haven't a clue what's in it  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2009, 05:36:35 AM »
I am currently receiving parcels and packages that I have been requested to bring to Cyprus. I have not opened any  scared2:

When I am asked at check in if I packed my own bag I can confidently say yes, but I haven't a clue what's in it  whistle:
There is nothing immoral or illegal in any of them my dear...  whistle:

Anyhoo... back on topic... We don't have a postie. Strange at first but we have to collect our mail from the PO box in the village square. I don't miss daily deliveries and it is nice to see and be seen when we are down there. Also, there is a big rubbish bin next to the boxes so junk mail can go straight in that.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2009, 07:12:48 AM »
Our postie seems to change every week  rubschin:

And what with all the recent strikes I am now receiving ad-hoc bundles of mail held together with the classic red rubber band. Maybe they are using this as part of the campaign to show that once a week deliveries are the way of the future  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2009, 07:20:58 AM »
A weekly delivery or collect it yourself as in Cyprus is what you'll end up with if Lord Rhumba of Rio gets his way with privatising the Post Office. Do you honestly think the morons who work for DHL, TNT et al would make better postmen than those we currently have?

The service we suffer is the result of years of underfunding and nulabour robbing what profits the Royal Mail do make ~ oh didn't you know that the Government take the profits? Well they do, have done for years hence the lack of investment in equipment and manpower that Lord Rhumba says we now need a privatisation to pay for. The reason the posties are so bloody awful is that they are totally demotivated. Some come and go because they don't like the work but most just plod on because of the pension at the end of it. They have no incentive to do any better but, as we used to say when I worked there, "It's better than walking the streets"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 07:25:53 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2009, 10:04:21 AM »
A weekly delivery or collect it yourself as in Cyprus is what you'll end up with if Lord Rhumba of Rio gets his way with privatising the Post Office. Do you honestly think the morons who work for DHL, TNT et al would make better postmen than those we currently have?

The service we suffer is the result of years of underfunding and nulabour robbing what profits the Royal Mail do make ~ oh didn't you know that the Government take the profits? Well they do, have done for years hence the lack of investment in equipment and manpower that Lord Rhumba says we now need a privatisation to pay for. The reason the posties are so bloody awful is that they are totally demotivated. Some come and go because they don't like the work but most just plod on because of the pension at the end of it. They have no incentive to do any better but, as we used to say when I worked there, "It's better than walking the streets"

First the railways now the Post Office.

I see you have waxed and polished all your hobby horses today.  ;)
I mostly despair

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2009, 10:18:01 AM »
An aquantance of ours worked as a postie for about 10 years, he saved up and took a year off to travel. When he came back he re-applied at the RM, & was refused.
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »

First the railways now the Post Office.

I see you have waxed and polished all your hobby horses today.  ;)

Having spent 6 years (1972 to 1978) as an elected officer of the Union of Post Office Workers (Southampton Branch) and the last seven years, until their recent disbandment by Government Decree, as a member of PostWatch Wales I feel well qualified to answer on the subject although I do appreciate that such posts would probably be more welcome in "another place". Sorry but it boils my p*ss when people spout off about things that they clearly do not understand. I'll try to shut up in future.

As for the railways ~ I have long accepted that this country cannot return to its former place as a world leader in manufacturing and nothing will convince me that the railways idea is anything more than a cynical attempt to garner votes in the forthcoming general election.

So from now on  shutup:

Offline Nick

« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2009, 04:45:37 PM »
He fooked it up again!!  Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead  cussing:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2009, 05:20:50 PM »
TBH Nick I am not surprised. It took me some time to work out that weird configuration of properties ~ hardly like "normal" houses, even you must admit that. Your only recourse is to write to the manager at the delivery office and formally complain. They will deal with it but only when you tell them about it. No use phoning as you'll only get a postie answering the phone and (here's the hot news) his bosses don't read this site. noooo:

Offline Nick

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2009, 05:35:31 PM »
Fortunately the neighbours left for the airport AFTER he had been so we swopped mail. There is now a large notice on their door with a BIG ARROW  ::)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2009, 08:51:44 PM »
Fortunately the neighbours left for the airport AFTER he had been so we swopped mail. There is now a large notice on their door with a BIG ARROW  ::)

I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »
Fooking notice has blown away. We have all their mail AGAIN  cussing: cussing: cussing: cussing: cussing: cussing: cussing: Banghead Banghead Banghead Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: evil: