Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 78299 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Facebook
« Reply #705 on: September 01, 2010, 11:32:25 AM »
One cannot help thinking about stuff like that. I have.  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #706 on: September 01, 2010, 11:49:29 AM »
The split with the ex was not exactly a happy one, more a case of being too young and immature to handle the situation, something you learn from.

I wouldn't have wished any harm or misfortune to happen to her, especially violence.
I felt for her because it was made worse by being so far from home friends etc. She was not a bad person in any way.

RTFM

Online Nick

« Reply #707 on: September 01, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
One of the nicest...no THE nicest girls I ever went out with that dumped me after 6 months cry: got herself involved with some nasty piece of work that knocked her about a bit apparently.
I was quite upset about it all, but was helpless to do anything as he'd have eaten me alive on the spot if I'd interfered. Typical body building steroid taking gym fanatic cretin. sick2:

She finally saw the light fortunately, and went off to get married to a decent bloke in Canada, and I've never seen sight nor sound of her since.
Hope she's had a decent life, as she deserved it. cloud9:
sad24:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #708 on: September 01, 2010, 12:07:08 PM »
What I found very wierd and disconcerting was the odd feeling of somehow still being responsible for her, even after 20 years or more, of not knowing anything about her. That's where the anger etc came in.

Knocked me sideways for a time.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #709 on: September 01, 2010, 12:08:41 PM »

The laydees you write about would probably not give either of you a second thought.

Bit of an edit as that sounds somewhat harsh but judging from my own experience that is how I see it.

Whenever I speak to my elder daughter I enquire after her Mother's health and general well being. I have done this for 23 years. Recently, when I again said "And how's your mum? All OK I hope"  daughter said ~ "You always ask that and you always ask after her husband and his family ..... why?"

I replied because I was married to her for 21 years, because I care about her, because I loved her then and I don't think it possible to 'unlove' someone.

"Funny" said daughter "She has never once asked after you, your wife or your children"

Just goes to show.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:16:29 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #710 on: September 01, 2010, 12:12:25 PM »

The laydees you write about would probably not give either of you a second thought.

Thanks very much for that Snoopy. Cheered me up no end that has. ::)

Online Nick

« Reply #711 on: September 01, 2010, 12:15:54 PM »
Growler is an romantic bear  sad24:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #712 on: September 01, 2010, 12:17:12 PM »

Due to a couple of things that happened, not direct contact, just a tentative one, I know different.
That didn't help either.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #713 on: September 01, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »

Thanks very much for that Snoopy. Cheered me up no end that has. ::)

Due to a couple of things that happened, not direct contact, just a tentative one, I know different.
That didn't help either.

I have added a lengthy edit.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #714 on: September 01, 2010, 12:22:02 PM »
That's ok.

I think in most cases you are right.
Some couples do split up and stay in contact, others go their separate ways and that's the end of it.

RTFM

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #715 on: September 01, 2010, 12:22:24 PM »

Some in here just too damned quick to jump at me and down my throat, when they take EVERYTHING I say as a true and accurate account of my life, view on it generally and feelings.
It's  a FORUM FFS! Banghead
No one in here knows what anyone else in here is REALLY like and what REALLY goes on in their minds.

Bit like you, I do actually exagerate and 'bend' the truth sometimes. Sometimes it's simply good to let off steam and have a damned good rant.
Highly recommended for easing potential heart problems I feel.  whistle:

Online Nick

« Reply #716 on: September 01, 2010, 12:30:05 PM »
You are a Swedish au pair and I claim my £5  angel1

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #717 on: September 01, 2010, 12:35:29 PM »

Some in here just too damned quick to jump at me and down my throat, when they take EVERYTHING I say as a true and accurate account of my life, view on it generally and feelings.
It's  a FORUM FFS! Banghead
No one in here knows what anyone else in here is REALLY like and what REALLY goes on in their minds.

Bit like you, I do actually exaggerate and 'bend' the truth sometimes. Sometimes it's simply good to let off steam and have a damned good rant.
Highly recommended for easing potential heart problems I feel.  whistle:

rubschin:
Strange ~ I have never used a forum to exaggerate or bend the truth. I say what I mean to say and I mean what I say. Granted I do sometimes let off a bit of steam and sometimes regret having done so but I have never said anything that I didn't hold to be true. If there is something in my life that I don't want people to know I keep it to myself. Frankly it had never occurred to me that what you write is anything other than the truth or your true feelings. I have assumed that, like me, anything you want to keep private you simply don't mention.
This really puts matters in a whole new light for me. I'm not sure I know how to react.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #718 on: September 01, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »
Same for me, why would I pretend to be someone or something I'm not? I do use an avatar but like we've discussed before even that choice says a truth about me (not the flat cap mind  ;))

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #719 on: September 01, 2010, 12:52:42 PM »
Ditto me and "Snoopy" ~ the whole Peanuts cartoon culture speaks volumes about real life and I can identify with Snoopy as I can identify with Charlie Brown (possibly more so with CB) BUT Charlie Brown character had been used by someone else on another board to I settled for the hound.