Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new utter shite DVD and Book review thread.  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The all new utter shite DVD and Book review thread.
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2024, 03:42:27 PM »
Somewhat of a theme has emerged recently... last night watched Le Mans preceded by:

Papillon
The getaway
Bullit
The Thomas Crown Affair...

I wonder if you can spot the link...?  lol:

Actually, the other evening I watched Kinds of Kindness and prior to that, Contact...

All good!  Thumbs:
Brilliant actor and a very sad and too early loss. 
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: The all new utter shite DVD and Book review thread.
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2024, 12:32:37 PM »
redface:

sorry, a little OTT.

My worse film: David Lynch's "Dune"

Such a terrible visualisation of one of the best SF books ever written. Poorly cast (think Sting!) badly directed. Get Peter Jackson to do it again.

Now I've heard more about what was going on behind the scenes I'm more inclined to give Lynch's Dune a little leeway. He originally wanted to adapt the novel as at least a 2 part epic if not a full trilogy but the studios were dead against that plan. I suspect they saw the soaring costs of Jodorowsky's attempted word for word production before it all collapsed and panicked which led him to the impossible task of adapting it into a single film. I'll agree on the casting, both Sting and Kyle MacLachlan were poor choices.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.