Disgusterous

Author Topic: Everything's going wrong  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Everything's going wrong
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »
Quite so...I do like a bit of venison myself, or a gamekeepers pie. Having said that, I've never eaten rabbit, unless of course it was in the gamekeepers pie and I didn't know  smile:

See this is where I go into pathetic girly mode  - but I would not consciously choose rabbit or venison from a menu. I can think of no other reason for this other than Bambi and Thumper as I have no principles really in relation to meat eating ( innuendo recognised and dealt with ok lads  ::)  )
Skubber

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »
Gotta walk up the shop now to get some dinner. Just had a marmite sandwich to tide me over  cloud9:

There you go ...that's the answer to all your problems. It is the curse of the Marmite lovers 

My sympathy has been withdrawn  whistle:

Awww, Miss D...If I thought that you were going to come across to Gloucester and give me a big kiss, I would never touch Marmite again, honest  lol:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 05:37:53 PM »
Does sympathy always equal a snog in your world then  lol:
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 05:39:46 PM »

Initially, yes.
I mostly despair

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 05:40:08 PM »
Is it cold there...? Keep a close eye on the gas boiler...  whistle:

Which reminds me  razz:

British Gas kindly left about a hundred flyers here outlining superb prices for servicing and the like. Excellent pricing, attractive offer, good service, reliable, too good to refuse really...

Only one problem though... in it's 110 year history, this late Victorian building has never, ever been connected to the gas supply. Even when it was redeveloped about 12 years ago British Gas declined to invest in the necessary to supply gas to any of the apartments.   ::)
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 05:41:45 PM »
Quite so...I do like a bit of venison myself, or a gamekeepers pie. Having said that, I've never eaten rabbit, unless of course it was in the gamekeepers pie and I didn't know  smile:

See this is where I go into pathetic girly mode  - but I would not consciously choose rabbit or venison from a menu. I can think of no other reason for this other than Bambi and Thumper as I have no principles really in relation to meat eating ( innuendo recognised and dealt with ok lads  ::)  )

When we had a pub we offered Christmas Lunches during December ~ to catch the office party trade really. A choice of Roast Turkey or Roast Haunch of Venison was shown on the menu as well as a statutory Veggie Option with all the usual Christmas accompaniments. A party of Gerlies from a local office booked and once settled at their table I gave them the specially printed Christmas menus. One asked "What exactly is a 'Haunch of Venison'?" and I, without thinking, replied "Bambi's Spotty Bits". Several of them cried!  eeek:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »

Initially, yes.

and that then takes all your problems away does it  lol:
Skubber

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 05:43:04 PM »
Is it cold there...? Keep a close eye on the gas boiler...  whistle:

Which reminds me  razz:

British Gas kindly left about a hundred flyers here outlining superb prices for servicing and the like. Excellent pricing, attractive offer, good service, reliable, too good to refuse really...

Only one problem though... in it's 110 year history, this late Victorian building has never, ever been connected to the gas supply. Even when it was redeveloped about 12 years ago British Gas declined to invest in the necessary to supply gas to any of the apartments.   ::)

Then it will be all the sweeter when you fill them all out in the name of Disney characters and return them in the prepaid envelopes.
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 05:44:27 PM »
When we had a pub we offered Christmas Lunches during December ~ to catch the office party trade really. A choice of Roast Turkey or Roast Haunch of Venison was shown on the menu as well as a statutory Veggie Option with all the usual Christmas accompaniments. A party of Gerlies from a local office booked and once settled at their table I gave them the specially printed Christmas menus. One asked "What exactly is a 'Haunch of Venison'?" and I, without thinking, replied "Bambi's Spotty Bits". Several of them cried!  eeek:

They prolly thought he had measles
Skubber

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 05:45:39 PM »

Initially, yes.

and that then takes all your problems away does it  lol:

No, it is the slap which follows that returns us to reality.
I mostly despair

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 01:04:27 PM »
3 days now without a car. I'm pissed off and I've got a sore arse from  ~  __0
                                                                                                    _-\<,_
                                                                                                   (*)/  (*)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 01:05:25 PM »
It's a good job you're not driving then eh ...the walking will do your arse some good  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 01:08:26 PM »
No...if I was driving, then I wouldn't be cycling, and I wouldn't have a sore arse

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »
3 days now without a car. I'm pissed off and I've got a sore arse from  ~  __0
                                                                                                    _-\<,_
                                                                                                   (*)/  (*)

Thank you for explaining it was cycling.

I thought   (*)/  (*) was spectacles and you had either shaved your eyebrows or had a tattoo on your forehead.
I mostly despair

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 01:15:58 PM »
I thought it was quite graphic. Took me hours to do that evil: