Disgusterous

Author Topic: Not the smartest lecheror on campus  (Read 672 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Not the smartest lecheror on campus
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:30:30 PM »
A university leader has caused controversy by saying curvy female students are a "perk of the job".

Terence Kealey, of the University of Buckingham, said lecturers were aware of females who "flaunted their curves".

In a tongue-in-cheek article for Times Higher Education Magazine on the seven deadly sins of academia, he advised academics to "look but not touch".

The National Union of Students condemned the comments as insulting and disrespectful to women.

Dr Kealey, a clinical bio-chemist and vice-chancellor of Buckingham University, likened the classroom to a lap dancing club and said admiring the curves of attractive students could help "spice up" marital sex.

There will be a girl in class who flashes her admiration... Enjoy her! She's a perk.

Olivia Bailey, womens' officer for the NUS, said: "I am appalled that a university vice-chancellor should display such an astounding lack of respect for women.

"Regardless of whether this was an attempt at humour, it is completely unacceptable for someone in Terence Kealey's position to compare a lecture theatre to a lap dancing club, and I expect that many women studying at Buckingham University will be feeling extremely angry and insulted at these comments."

Brilliant   lol:.....but really,  publishing it could be his downfall  noooo:

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 02:34:03 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Not the smartest lecheror on campus
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 02:36:23 PM »
Here he is deperately trying to keep his job ... whistle:

Dr Kealey said his article was a "moral piece" which used humour to encourage people to exercise self-restraint.

"Sex between academics and students is not funny, and should not be a source of humour," he wrote.

"But employing humour to highlight the ways by which people try to resolve the dissonance between what is publicly expected of them and how they actually feel - not just in this context - reaches back to origins of humour itself."

Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 02:42:25 PM »
Here he is deperately trying to keep his job ... whistle:

Dr Kealey said his article was a "moral piece" which used humour to encourage people to exercise self-restraint.

"Sex between academics and students is not funny, and should not be a source of humour," he wrote.

"But employing humour to highlight the ways by which people try to resolve the dissonance between what is publicly expected of them and how they actually feel - not just in this context - reaches back to origins of humour itself."

Good answer though. 

I would have been proud of that. happy088

Why did you include the photo of BM?
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 02:44:22 PM »
I had to read that answer several times  redface:

As for BM's photo - I don't have any of the rest of you  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
Hang on, that can't be BM's photo. That guy still has hair attached.  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
 noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 03:05:24 PM »
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.