Author Topic: Prizes for initiative go to ......  (Read 961 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Prizes for initiative go to ......
« on: September 25, 2009, 10:01:42 AM »
A Dorset prison has removed anti-bacterial hand gel pumps, which contain alcohol, after an inmate reportedly got drunk on them.

The gel was made available on Monday at HMP The Verne in Portland to help combat the spread of swine flu.

But the Prison Officers Association (POA) said within hours there had been an incident with an intoxicated inmate.

The Prison Service said the pumps were removed as a "precautionary measure" and an investigation was under way

It is believed the gel was mixed with a drink before it was consumed 

Sheer Brilliance  lol:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Prizes for initiative go to ......
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 10:03:09 AM »
 sick2:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 10:11:19 AM »
A Dorset prison has removed anti-bacterial hand gel pumps, which contain alcohol, after an inmate reportedly got drunk on them.

The gel was made available on Monday at HMP The Verne in Portland to help combat the spread of swine flu.

But the Prison Officers Association (POA) said within hours there had been an incident with an intoxicated inmate.

The Prison Service said the pumps were removed as a "precautionary measure" and an investigation was under way

It is believed the gel was mixed with a drink before it was consumed 

Sheer Brilliance  lol:

lol: lol: lol:  happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 10:15:50 AM »
I seem to recall that last year some hospitals had to remove the stuff as people were wandering in and nicking it for drinking.

RTFM

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 10:31:22 AM »
I seem to recall that last year some hospitals had to remove the stuff as people were wandering in and nicking it for drinking.

Well it does taste a lot nicer than surgical spirit.

Allegedly.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2009, 10:40:33 AM »
Old Spice Aftershave was a favourite some years ago. I understand it had a high alcohol content relative to the cheapness of the product.
Personally I found the smell of it  sick2: so no way could I have ever drunk it.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2009, 11:46:45 AM »
Old Spice Aftershave was a favourite some years ago. I understand it had a high alcohol content relative to the cheapness of the product.
Personally I found the smell of it  sick2: so no way could I have ever drunk it.

This used to be an old ploy whereby alcohol could be exported to countries where it was forbidden  cool14:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Tinkerbell

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2009, 01:36:15 PM »
Just got back from the local hospital...... reason explained in a mo................. where the gel dispensers have crept OUTSIDE. They've always had them on the wards... now you are expected to 'gel up' (behave!!!) before you get in the bloody door. What do they think we are.. walking bugs???  noooo: noooo:

Ok.... here's to the reaon... Mr T had to have some very nasty bx up a very nasty place.  eeek:  I can't stop sniggering.  lol: I dumped him ... shaking... in the department and sauntered off for a coffee in the very swish outside cafe.......... just settled to my caffeine fix, shortbread...(sugar fix) and book.......... turned round and there he was!!!! They must have shoved it up so fast it propelled him down 3 stories straight into the coffee shoppy thingy!!!    ;)

Oh happy days!

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2009, 02:01:02 PM »
Poor Mr T  happy100 ....were his eyes watering  scared2:
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 02:31:52 PM »
Poor Mr T  happy100 ....were his eyes watering  scared2:

Women. the gentler sex? My arse.

Oh, right.  redface:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 02:38:30 PM »
 rubschin: There is an old joke in there somewhere but I shall control the urge.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »
[serious hat] This is a timebomb waiting to go off. Coincidentally I was discussing it yesterday with a client; the product is largely ethanol (alcohol) and not only is it likely to be abused (wait for the kids to get hold of it) but it's also highly flammable. Just wait for kitchen staff to be required to start using it near the gas hob and.... yes, you can imagine the rest. Companies marketing it as a 'cosmetic' (Category 3, I think) are coining it currently on the wave of hysteria regarding hygiene and swine 'flu. Wait for the headlines when little girl Sammy's hands catch fire due to the residual ethanol vapour and the bonfire night barbecue.  ::) [serious hat/]

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 05:42:54 PM »
You are right of course. Such items will always attract the terminally stupid to experiment and trap the unwary into making catastrophic mistakes.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 06:10:28 PM »
[serious hat] This is a timebomb waiting to go off. Coincidentally I was discussing it yesterday with a client; the product is largely ethanol (alcohol) and not only is it likely to be abused (wait for the kids to get hold of it) but it's also highly flammable. Just wait for kitchen staff to be required to start using it near the gas hob and.... yes, you can imagine the rest. Companies marketing it as a 'cosmetic' (Category 3, I think) are coining it currently on the wave of hysteria regarding hygiene and swine 'flu. Wait for the headlines when little girl Sammy's hands catch fire due to the residual ethanol vapour and the bonfire night barbecue.  ::) [serious hat/]

I think you'll find the forward slash comes before serious hat...  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 06:19:11 PM »

I think you'll find the forward slash comes before serious hat...  ::)

sm@rt@rse  evil: