Author Topic: Full moon tonight  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Full moon tonight
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 08:12:55 AM »
happy100

It's only taken me 11 years not to get anything out of them  whacky115

Bastards were getting ?660 per month off me back in the 90's, then giving my ex and kids ?240 of it. Prior to them getting involved, my ex and kids were getting ?400 per month from me  cussing:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 08:18:18 AM »
...?660 per month off me back in the 90's, then giving my ex and kids ?240 of it.

Forgive my ignorance, how does that come about then?

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 08:38:48 AM »
My ex-wife and I had an arrangement which we were more than happy with. The CSA insisted that it went through them as my ex wasn't working and was claiming benefits

Because of "the rules", I had to pay so much per child etc, then on top of that, for every pound I earned over a certain figure, they would also take "x" pence per pound on top of what the figure was. As stated, they took ?660 at source (they didn't even have to go through the courts for an order), and my ex and kids were then given a payment of ?240 per month

It came very close to me packing in work and getting the government to keep me, but personal pride and love of the job stopped me doing it. It also put an enormous strain on my relationship at that time, it meant that I no longer had money to provide "treats" for the kids, my ex was also in a similar position, the only "winners" were the government, certainly not my kids

I have a pile of correspondence 8" high in the loft reminding me of the struggle, and three years later I managed to get ?3,072 back of them

As I said... bastards

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 08:53:05 AM »
F*****g Bastards!

But why didn't they hand over all the cash collected from you?

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2009, 08:58:18 AM »
Twas the roolz

Somebody has to pay for essentials like moats and duck houses

F*****g bastards

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2009, 09:06:32 AM »
Just to explain. Many people thought/think that the CSA acted as a middle-man, and that well be the case if both parties are working.

However, the ex Mrs JOM was on benefits, so it wasn't a matter of the CSA saying Mr JOM, give us ?660 a month and we'll give the ?660 to ex Mrs JOM straightaway. What they did is say "Mr JOM we are taking ?660 a month off you", they they said to Mrs JOM, you are on benefits, so you are enttitled to ?x for you, and ?X for each child because that's what everybody else gets. The fact that I was paying ?660 to the CSA didn't even enter into the equation. And peope wondr why the CSA are despised by so many (from both sides)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2009, 09:23:31 AM »
In fact I posted that explanation but cancelled it when JOM made his own.

The theory was that the Govt decided how much a person needed to live on depending on their circumstances, number of children etc and that was paid by way of benefits, some of which would not have been in cash (such as Council Tax). The CSA worked from the other end by saying what can you, in our opinion, afford to pay? Now this did not take into account the payer's personal circumstances unless he/she was already paying maintenance to another (third) family. If they had paid over the full amount garnered from JOM then his ex would have lost all benefit entitlements so the thinking as explained to me was that the additional monies would be "offset" against the benefits paid. The claim was that this prevented a loss of benefits needing a new application etc should payments from the ex cease for any reason. All a lot of cock IMHO which is why my ex-wife and I sorted our financial arrangements out with the Judge and got it written down as a "Court Judgement" that the CSA couldn't interfere with.
Gordon Brown has , of course, changed all this with his complex to the point of impenetrability system of tax credits etc.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 09:30:25 AM »
I have ended up coming to an informal arrangement with the Brat's dad and wrote to the CSA informing them of the details of this and that I no longer wanted them involved ( unless circumstances change  redface: )

They were asking for over ?750 a month from him for The Brat....

I knew what he was earning in his new job and felt that this was far too excessive and would leave him with nowt.  So I actually offered to reduce it by 50 % much to the CSA's disgust . This was after a long period of him being out of work and me not receiving a penny and they wanted to include all the backdated monies owed.

I still get letters saying that they have calculated how much he still owes and do they want me to chase  noooo:

I just want a reasonable reliable arrangement and feel that is in place at the moment

Skubber

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »
All a lot of cock IMHO which is why my ex-wife and I sorted our financial arrangements out with the Judge and got it written down as a "Court Judgement" that the CSA couldn't interfere with.

Ditto.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 09:45:29 AM »
All a lot of cock IMHO which is why my ex-wife and I sorted our financial arrangements out with the Judge and got it written down as a "Court Judgement" that the CSA couldn't interfere with.

Ditto.

Dunno what you found but the court officials and our solicitors were very reluctant to agree to this course of action and kept banging on about letting the CSA sort it out. In the end when the Judge said "Have you reached a financial settlement?" we said yes and immediately asked that the court agree it ~ all into "chambers" to tell the judge what we had agreed (we had written it down and gave him a copy) and then back into court to hear him pronounce that he was satisfied with our arrangements and would make them subject to a court order. I formed the impression he was no fan of the CSA either.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 10:23:04 AM »
Good grief this brings back some ghastly memories. evil: It's a long time ago now (22 years) but my goodness it still rankels. He was ordered by a court to pay maintenance. I was never after his soul, I just wanted him to help.  He decamped to Scotland to evade repaying maintenance.  My moment of glory, such as it was, was, when I was asked by the Sherriff at the court in Inverness what I would like the outcome to be and I asked for a summary execution, he had a twinkle in his eye when he said that was not possible. ;D  I got no money but the facts were heard and seen.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 10:33:23 AM »
Slightly off topic but my dog work me up howling like a wolf last night...  eeek:

He's never done that before...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 10:34:52 AM »
Slightly off topic but my dog work me up howling like a wolf last night...  eeek:

I cut my palms shaving this morning.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 10:35:41 AM »

I cut my palms shaving this morning.
happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 10:37:38 AM »
I have silver bullets stocked up  eveilgrin:
Skubber