Disgusterous

Author Topic: Tracey Ermin throws her dummy out of the pram.  (Read 326 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Tracey Ermin throws her dummy out of the pram.
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:38:06 AM »
Lets be fair here, your idea of art is a shyte covered bed and a tent covered with the names of every bloke you have ever slept with (personally having seen how many names are on the tent I suspect you just started picking names randomly from the phone book). If there weren't people stupid enough to buy the stuff then you would be with the people earning bugger all and praining the 50p tax rate as it meant you wouldnt have as much to pay yourself. Personally, if you havent already guessed, I wouldnt shed a tear if you buggered off and were never heard from again.

Artist Tracey Emin has said she is thinking of leaving the UK in protest about being overtaxed.

In a Sunday Times interview she said she was "very seriously considering leaving Britain," adding: "I'm simply not willing to pay tax at 50%."

The government's 50p tax rate for incomes of more than ?150,000 will be introduced in April.

Emin said she is considering France because she thinks it has lower taxes and appreciates the arts more.

She said: "So much here is simply not working now. The taxes are too high, there aren't enough incentives to work hard, and our politicians have put me off. We're paying through the nose for everything."

'Importance of culture'

Referring to the new tax, she said: "I reckon it would mean me paying about 65p in every pound with tax, National Insurance and so on."

Emin said the Labour government had no understanding for the arts.

"At least in France their politicians have always understood the importance of culture and they have traditionally helped out artists with subsidy and some tax advantages," she said.

"We simply have what I call 'ambition politicians' who go from one department to another for career reasons," she said.

"We should never have got involved in either Iraq or Afghanistan. Nor should we have bid for the Olympics, which we've now got and cannot afford," Emin added.

The new tax rate, announced in April's Budget, broke Labour's 2005 manifesto pledge not to raise income tax for high earners during this Parliament.

The government estimated the higher rate would raise ?1.13bn next year.

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Tracey Ermin throws her dummy out of the pram.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:42:13 AM »
Right ~ well ......................  rubschin: .............................. Bye Trace 
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 10:44:39 AM »
I take it you are a fan of hers as well Snoop  lol:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »
Where do you think she got her inspiration from for 'the bedroom scene'  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:47:05 AM »
I take it you are a fan of hers as well Snoop  lol:

Her and that twat Damien Hirst.  censored:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 10:47:47 AM »
Where do you think she got her inspiration from for 'the bedroom scene'  whistle:

I shall ignore that!  evil: