Disgusterous

Author Topic: Fortitude.  (Read 3306 times)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Fortitude.
« on: June 30, 2007, 05:24:24 PM »
An old bloke came into the pub just now, I thought he was wearing a cravat. No. He unplugged it, popped a tube in, blasted his lungs clear, removed it, re-plugged and then lit up a fag.

This is not some Bill Hicks joke.

He then said he hasn't been in a pub for over twenty years, but was damn sure he'd have a last fag in one before the ban. He is still here and people are queueing to buy him a drink.

"This country has gone to hell in a handbag". Wise words issue forth.

He is a proud man, fought in WWII, and now relegated to buying the "past sell-by date" stuff in Sainsbury. I want to adopt him.

He is a trooper, an old guard, a reason we had some sort of freedom until a few years ago. We treat TB riddled, benefit scounging immigrants better than we treat him.

I am truly sick of this shite, but we wil make sure he has a good few beers, any fags that he wants, a meal on the house and afree cab home.

He has earned it.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Fortitude.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 06:22:58 PM »
Bloody hell.
I'm lost for words tbh. eeek:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 06:48:11 PM »
As a confirmed 30 untipped Piccadilly a day, and a pipe at weekends or at the pub, smoker who hasn't had a ciggy in some ten years may I say "Have one for me" just to spite the bastards.
Should I survive to 80 I have promised myself that I shall have my next ciggy then.
Oh and buy the old codger a pint for me ~ I'll pay you when we next meet  ;)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 07:00:26 PM »
He is now pleasantly pissed, fed a rather good sirloin + trimmings and waiting for the cab.

His last comment was - "you shouldn't be doing this, I thought I fought a war to stop this sort of stuff". He's having a large gold watch (proper northern irish bushmills) and he will be on hisd way.

There are tears in his eyes and I hope the old bugger enjoyed it.

I did. Good man. Trooper. Seen stuff that you and I can't imagine. And still recognises this administration as a bunch of cunts. I applaud him and hope there are still people left with that passion for this country.

Shocking state of affairs :-(

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »
From the sound of things you've had a good time. Good luck to you and your new friend.
Oh ~ and get a cab home Huh?

Shy Talk

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 07:06:02 PM »
An old bloke came into the pub just now, I thought he was wearing a cravat. No. He unplugged it, popped a tube in, blasted his lungs clear, removed it, re-plugged and then lit up a fag.

This is not some Bill Hicks joke.

He then said he hasn't been in a pub for over twenty years, but was damn sure he'd have a last fag in one before the ban. He is still here and people are queueing to buy him a drink.

"This country has gone to hell in a handbag". Wise words issue forth.

He is a proud man, fought in WWII, and now relegated to buying the "past sell-by date" stuff in Sainsbury. I want to adopt him.

He is a trooper, an old guard, a reason we had some sort of freedom until a few years ago. We treat TB riddled, benefit scounging immigrants better than we treat him.

I am truly sick of this shite, but we wil make sure he has a good few beers, any fags that he wants, a meal on the house and afree cab home.

He has earned it.

"I am truly sick of this shite" me too !I am sick of being sick of this f*ckin' asshole of a goverment  Banghead Banghead Banghead. Why don't we stick up for the likes of the old soldier instead of pampering to the f*ckin imigrants of this country? Piss boiling ---- angling for a fight  boxing . This crud infested goverment is going to have shite on their faces when the placid do as they are told Brits finally turn and say enough is enough . Give me a pitch fork I'm ready NOW------- f*ck 'em .

Come on you bastards someone give me a karma sad32:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 07:08:47 PM by Shy Talk »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »
I gave you a clap because you looked like you needed one but some b@st@rd will probably smite it off again.
Keep your eye on who does it ~ It's bound to be a nulabour type .... we do get them in here from time to time. evil:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 07:11:41 PM »
Am I to presume you run a boozer Moany?
Could you p'raps invite this grand old fellah back occassionally for a stay behind after closing time for a few scoops and fags? ;)

i bet all this has made your day. Well done matey. We musn't let these bastards grind us down.
I can't wait to watch the 'Politics Show' tomorrow lunch. Brave, some may say foolish, pub owner from Blackpool being interviewed 'live' defying the ban in his boozer.
I sadly think the footage could well be used in evidence against him when he gets to court, loses his licence, his job, and possibly his freedom.
BLOODY GOOD on him though, for 'DARING' to stand up for what he and many others believe are our freedom of rights.

I fear we may well see a 'live' arrest or warning tomorrow. Blackpool council are fully aware of what is about to happen and will probably be relishing the opportunity to get the peeked cap mob in there complete with instant fine tickets.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 07:15:52 PM by GROWLER »

Shy Talk

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 07:17:08 PM »
I gave you a clap because you looked like you needed one but some b@st@rd will probably smite it off again.
Keep your eye on who does it ~ It's bound to be a nulabour type .... we do get them in here from time to time. evil:

Bloody 'ell dog I'v got 2 of the buggers now  happy088

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 07:22:11 PM »

I know, cus i agree with what he said. ;)
Excellent firey post said with mucho gusto.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 07:24:18 PM by GROWLER »

Shy Talk

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »

Excellent firy post said with mucho gusto.

hello Bear I see that you have 52 of the buggers . How did you get all them ???  free with ASDA own brand ?? point:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 07:28:02 PM »

hello Bear I see that you have 52 of the buggers . How did you get all them ???  free with ASDA own brand ?? point:

No. Everyone just luuuuurves  and adores me apparently. cloud9:

Not my fault. It's me overflowing glowing sparkly charisma and chhhharm like lah, along with the great ability to talk copious amounts of shite.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 07:30:46 PM »

No. Everyone just luuuuurves  and adores me apparently. cloud9:

Not my fault. It's me overflowing glowing sparkly charisma and chhhharm like lah, along with the great ability to talk copious amounts of shite.

lol: lol: lol:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 07:31:05 PM »
I don't run a pub. I run the regulars. The old bloke has now gone, I have his address and will spemd time with him. And drag him up here - despite the smoking ban - to learn gold medal grumpiness, I am only bronze at best.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 07:37:02 PM »
I don't run a pub. I run the regulars.

Ahhhh. Mini bus driver for the old folks home?
Thought you lot were supposed to take them out into the countryside, not down the ale 'ouse to get hammered! lol: