Author Topic: The logic of children  (Read 428 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
The logic of children
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »
So half term begins  noooo:

The brat yesterday decided she was going to clear out her wardrobe ( I have only been asking for months ) ...3 bin liners of stuff that is no longer cool , no longer fits or has been trashed.

Finally you can put clothes away in her wardrobe  cloud9:

So today she has organised a shopping trip with her bessy friends....."Can I have ?30 to go shopping with please" was her second sentence after Good Morning today  evil:

Bearing in mind there are all sorts of other activities that are going to be bleeding me dry this week I said she needed to think about how much money I had to spend on her this week ...

" But you only have 1 child which is below the average for a family and therefore you should be better off " she says  noooo:

Thinking I'm being smart I said ... " aaaahhh but if I didn't have any children I would in fact be a lot better off "  ( so there  8) )

" But your life would be empty without the joy of me in it " she declares  happy001 happy001 happy001
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: The logic of children
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »
The "smart mouth" gene is strong in this one.

I wonder where she gets it from......
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »
 rubschin:

shrugs:
Skubber

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:39:21 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 10:53:56 AM »
Having considered this further I have decided she definitely gets this trait from her father  angel1
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:47:06 AM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 11:34:55 AM »
Haven't considered this further I have decided she definitely gets this trait from her father  angel1

happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001

Yes, of course.  redface:
I mostly despair

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »

The brat yesterday decided she was going to clear out her wardrobe ( I have only been asking for months ) ...3 bin liners of stuff that is no longer cool , no longer fits or has been trashed.

So today she has organised a shopping trip with her bessy friends....."Can I have ?30 to go shopping with please" was her second sentence after Good Morning today  evil:

Bearing in mind there are all sorts of other activities that are going to be bleeding me dry this week I said she needed to think about how much money I had to spend on her this week ...

" But you only have 1 child which is below the average for a family and therefore you should be better off " she says  noooo:

Thinking I'm being smart I said ... " aaaahhh but if I didn't have any children I would in fact be a lot better off "  ( so there  8) )

" But your life would be empty without the joy of me in it " she declares  happy001 happy001 happy001

The 'average' family is also supposed to have 2 parents living together.
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 02:47:09 PM »

So today she has organised a shopping trip with her bessy friends....."Can I have £30 to go shopping with please" was her second sentence after Good Morning today  evil:

The 'average' family is also supposed to have 2 parents living together.

And, according to nulabour, both "fulfilled" by being able to go out to work whilst placing their children in a state approved babyfarm  cussing:

So hands up then ~ who here wants to go to work 10 hours + a day to be "fulfilled" and even if they won the lottery £squillions would still want to go to work ~ come on 'fess up, you're really only doing it for the money aren't you? Perhaps someone could explain that to Gordon and his clowns.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:50:39 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »
If I won the lottery tomorrow my greatest pleasure, after seeing the money actually being deposited in my account, would be to write my letter of resignation.

I am lucky in these times to have a job - I grant you that - but it is all about survival and the lack of choices ( such as I perceive them to be ) . I work to pay my bills , there are days when I enjoy my job but most of the time I get in from work in the evening and am shattered and fit for nowt.

I can't afford to work part time but then to a certain extent my circumstances are a result of the choices I've made and that I have to live with.

C'est la vie

Does that make me average  rubschin:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:02:15 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
Makes you real like most of us.
Before "retirement" I used to feel that I worked only to be able to afford to go back to work the next day.

OK Bread has to be bought, children clothed, mortgage/rent paid etc and no-one is looking for a free ride but working from the age of 18 until 65 (soon to be 70) for what? A salary that just covers your commitments and allows 4 weeks holiday a year and at the end of it all they tax whatever pension you have managed to build. All that is bad enough but to have these sanctimonious twats telling me that I do it for "fulfilment" is just rubbing it in.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.