Author Topic: Career advice for 7 year olds  (Read 379 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Career advice for 7 year olds
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »
Primary school children are to get careers advice from the age of seven under a new scheme to encourage them to develop aspirations early on in life.

Under plans drawn up by Schools Secretary Ed Balls, primaries will offer career-related learning, as well as opportunities to experience university life and the world of work, to children aged 7-11.

Mr Balls also outlined an ambition to provide careers advice through to the age of 18, as well as giving every young person access to a mentor who can guide them through the process of preparing for adult life.

If someone had asked me at 7 years old what I wanted to be ' when I grew up'   noooo:  I would have probably said a mermaid or  a princess ....I wonder how the careers advisor would have helped me on my way with that one  noooo: noooo: noooo:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:23:29 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Career advice for 7 year olds
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 05:20:39 PM »
Primary school children are to get careers advice from the age of seven under a new scheme to encourage them to develop aspirations early on in life.

Under plans drawn up by Schools Secretary Ed Balls, primaries will offer career-related learning, as well as opportunities to experience university life and the world of work, to children aged 7-11.

Mr Balls also outlined an ambition to provide careers advice through to the age of 18, as well as giving every young person access to a mentor who can guide them through the process of preparing for adult life.

If someone had asked me at 7 years old wanted I wanted to be ' when I grew up'   noooo:  I would have probably said a mermaid or  a princess ....I wonder how the careers advisor would have helped me on my way with that one  noooo: noooo: noooo:

This may explain the aversion to eating fish ~ too much like cannibalism  whistle: 
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 05:23:50 PM »
Fish are friends not food  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »
Fish are friends not food  rubschin:

Is that the same as saying you have some fishy friends?  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:11:06 PM »
See also Snoopy's comments about "babyfarms". The point of this "advice", doubtless, is to encourage them to work in some way for the government - thus ensuring future votes. You won't get a pension that big otherwise and seeing as something like 50% of the sproggs born these days are expected to live to 100+, a good pension is worth far more to them than to us "older" folk whose life expectancy is probably a quarter of a century lower.

Utter, utter wankers.  evil: