Disgusterous

Author Topic: Is fear a good thing  (Read 268 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Is fear a good thing
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:04:22 AM »
Following on from a thread in The Restaurant

So are you going out to avoid the hordes of little creatures knocking at your door asking for sweeties  rubschin:
That is the obvious bonus from being out tonight... pesky little sods...

Still, it'll be banned soon.

There was a discussion going on about this yesterday ( some TV show I can't remember which one)  about fear and how we are trying to almost vaccinate ourselves against it.

They advocated that by watching horror movies and the like, or children watching watered down versions like Dr Who, this prepared you for occasions when fear is an automatic response to a given situation and therefore allowed you to control your fight or flight instincts  rubschin:

Personally I don't like feeling scared, whatever adrenaline rush it may give you , and so am quite happy to admit being the first in line in the flight camp  scared2:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Is fear a good thing
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »
I have just hollowed out a pumpkin and carved a face in it ~ under the strict supervision of two small boys "To make sure it's really scarey"

See also Restaurant for Dinner tonight.

Meanwhile ~ we're ready for the BIG DAY!

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:24:21 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »
Following on from a thread in The Restaurant

So are you going out to avoid the hordes of little creatures knocking at your door asking for sweeties  rubschin:
That is the obvious bonus from being out tonight... pesky little sods...

Still, it'll be banned soon.

There was a discussion going on about this yesterday ( some TV show I can't remember which one)  about fear and how we are trying to almost vaccinate ourselves against it.

They advocated that by watching horror movies and the like, or children watching watered down versions like Dr Who, this prepared you for occasions when fear is an automatic response to a given situation and therefore allowed you to control your fight or flight instincts  rubschin:

Personally I don't like feeling scared, whatever adrenaline rush it may give you , and so am quite happy to admit being the first in line in the flight camp  scared2:

rubschin:

<snigger>
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 11:31:21 AM »
You are a one  lol: lol: lol: lol: lol: lol:
Skubber