Disgusterous

Author Topic: Pet Hates  (Read 8495 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Pet Hates
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2009, 10:10:14 AM »
Dunno mate ~ the elder daughter, who is now 39, was just the same until she was about 30. Now she phones me to rant about her soon to be 16yo daughter and the child's "slovenly ways ~ surely I wasn't like that?"
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »
I am quite a tidy person  redface: and the Brat's room drives me to despair as I have mentioned before  evil:

It is officially the liar of The Gruffalo  noooo:

I have now stopped picking up her discarded clothes so if they are not in the washing basket they do not get washed  whistle:

The arguments that has caused with school uniforms and her 'favourite' jeans lately have been monumental  8)

Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »
With 3 children in the house I have long refused to pick up dirty clothes. Their mother however usually caves in once a week on the grounds that if she doesn't it "will lead to a row" ~ Precisely  eveilgrin:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2009, 10:34:57 AM »
I threatened to scoop the lot up and lob it out the window into the front garden.

It cut no ice with the ice maiden, and the room remains a war zone re-inactment. evil:

She went out this morning wearing 2 odd socks. ::)

Now Growler jnr's room............... cloud9:
Why the massive difference? Everything in the right place, bed made etc etc. Unbelievable. noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2009, 10:42:46 AM »
TBH the boys have never been as bad as the THW who has always been an untidy monkey, even when very small. She was one of those babies who always looked a heap no matter how often we changed her clothes.

The older boy is now moving toward teenhood and so is copying his big sister to a degree (there is more than a bit of "Why should I when she doesn't?" about it all) whilst the littlest is caught between two conflicting emotions. He still desperately wants to be a "good boy" but at the same time he cannot resist copying his brother who he sees as "getting away with it" so one half of his room is tidy and neat whilst the other half is covered with inside out shirts and toys waiting to go back in the cupboard.

Both boys were "Glass of Milk" babies. Always neat and tidy.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2009, 10:45:47 AM »
Because teenage girls are too busy every night talking on the phone , MSN, Bebo, Facebook etc that there is absolutely no time to do cleaning  evil: evil: evil:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »
Because teenage girls are too busy every night talking on the phone , MSN, Bebo, Facebook etc that there is absolutely no time to do cleaning evil: evil: evil:

Yes she does that and calls it "Homework" ~ must think I'm stoopid. Meanwhile at the other end of the interweb conversations is the BF who is, so she tell me, meticulously tidy. Only an impending visit from him can get her tidying her room.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2009, 10:52:01 AM »
Because teenage girls are too busy every night talking on the phone , MSN, Bebo, Facebook etc that there is absolutely no time to do cleaning  evil: evil: evil:

Nail hit head. evil:

EXACTLY!! evil:

...and what do they find to talk about all bloody night long that they can't talk about at scooell ey?
Shite, that's what, pure and utter todge.
I can't get near this bloody thing most evenings now. She claims to be doing her 'omewerk most of the time...my arse.

Her retort is "would you rather i was out on the streets smoking boozing and hanging 'round with lads then ey"?  ::)

Got a bloody answer for everything ey? I swear they swap notes on how to deal with us 'old farts'  eveilgrin:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2009, 10:57:16 AM »
Because teenage girls are too busy every night talking on the phone , MSN, Bebo, Facebook etc that there is absolutely no time to do cleaning evil: evil: evil:

Yes she does that and calls it "Homework" ~ must think I'm stoopid. Meanwhile at the other end of the interweb conversations is the BF who is, so she tell me, meticulously tidy. Only an impending visit from him can get her tidying her room.

HA HA!! We must have typed the same thing at the same time! lol:
Strange in'it...not?

I've still got the 'boyfriend thing' to come yet.

That is going to be a dark cold and bleak season when it arrives.
I'm totally and utterly dreading it with much fear and anguish.

Lives could be lost, and I'm not too sure whose. scared2:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2009, 11:04:06 AM »

HA HA!! We must have typed the same thing at the same time! lol:
Strange in'it...not?

I've still got the 'boyfriend thing' to come yet.

That is going to be a dark cold and bleak season when it arrives.
I'm totally and utterly dreading it with much fear and anguish.

Lives could be lost, and I'm not too sure whose. scared2:

Nothing you can do about boyfriends mate ~ the more you object the more deceitful the daughter becomes.
You tell her you have doubts about a boy he suddenly becomes the most attractive thing she has ever seen and she will walk barefoot over broken glass and hot coals to get to him.
We have settled for keeping everything in the open and making sure we know at least some of what is going on. Boyfriend is welcomed and treated like one of the family even if he is a little twerp. Oh and we made sure she is on the pill. You can't stop 'em so we reckon it is better to try to prevent any unwanted complications.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »
This is one thing I'm really going to need help on...really. I can't get me 'ed 'round some grunty greasy little spotty oink having his slimy gropy mitts on her. cussing:

My patience and acceptance threshold on these matters is in sub zero territory. eveilgrin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2009, 11:18:48 AM »
Simple fact is that once she starts with boys she will do it no matter what you say or do.
You can't lock her up in a tower to wait for her hair to grow.
They always find a way and the more you oppose it the more she will do it.

I hate the idea too ~ I was a boy once and I know what is going on but as far as the THW is concerned they invented sex. How she supposes she and her brothers got here God only knows. I did ask her once and she replied that it was "Too gross to even think about" ::)

All a father can do is hope that the child has enough good sense to be careful and to remember all you have tried to teach her.
Other than that you are a free taxi service, provider of funds, and general facilitator of her enjoyment of being young ~ just don't expect to be listened to.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2009, 11:45:49 AM »
Been there, done that (Miss Piggy now 30). I don't envy you lot at all...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2009, 03:08:41 PM »
Been there, done that (Miss Piggy now 30). I don't envy you lot at all...  noooo:
Being the so called gaffer around 'ere like, aren't you supposed to be givin' us mere mortals some moral support, hope and positive vibes like?   happy100

I feel full of dread and despondancy now. scared2:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2009, 03:36:08 PM »
Being the so called gaffer around 'ere like, aren't you supposed to be givin' us mere mortals some moral support, hope and positive vibes like?   happy100

I feel full of dread and despondancy now. scared2:
Have a pint... best advice I can give...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: