Disgusterous

Author Topic: Plans for the day  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Plans for the day
« on: November 14, 2009, 08:53:43 AM »
Today SWWLTBO is at college until about 3. College is 40 minutes drive away.
THW is going to Chester on the train (with BF) claiming that they are going Christmas Shopping ~ that usually means she'll want money off me.
Boys are "Bored" already
I have to wait in until District Nurse has been and the weather is shite.
SWWLTBO said as she ran out of the door:
"Sorry everywhere is such a mess ~ I'lltrytotidyupwhenIgetbackthisafternoonohandcanyouphonemymotherthismorning'cosIwon'tbeableto"

So what shall I do? Take her at her word or tidy up the house. Such options  noooo:

I have suggested to the boys that "WE could tidy up for Mummy" ~ they looked at me with whithering scorn written all over their faces and went back to their TV watching and cornflakes.

Is anyone doing anything really good today or are we all stuck in? BM will be out on his bike I suppose.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Plans for the day
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 08:56:42 AM »
Appointment with doom Mrs Nick  scared2:
Werk  cry:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 08:58:08 AM »
You'll be fine. Just give it to her straight (preferably behind a potted palm or two).  whistle:

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 08:59:41 AM »
I have to buy a printer too

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:01:00 AM »
Snoops...regardless of what SWWLTBO said she will not want to walk back into the house this afternoon and it still be in a mess

Get yer Marigolds on ..after the District Nurse has visited obviously or she might think she has entered into some kind of reciprocal arrangement  ;)

I am going out this morning ...when it becomes a little easier not not to look like a drowned rat in 1 second flat  - and then plan to do sweet FA this afternoon and this evening - apart from a bit of pampering and watching a DVD . Absolute bliss  cloud9:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 09:02:48 AM »
I have to buy a printer too

Avoid PC World and head for Office World or Currys (at a pinch). Printers from ?30 but it depends what you need.

Snoops...regardless of what SWWLTBO said she will not want to walk back into the house this afternoon and it still be in a mess

Get yer Marigolds on ..after the District Nurse has visited obviously or she might think she has entered into some kind of reciprocal arrangement  ;)

I am going out this morning ...when it becomes a little easier not not to look like a drowned rat in 1 second flat  - and then plan to do sweet FA this afternoon and this evening - apart from a bit of pampering and watching a DVD . Absolute bliss  cloud9:

Yes ~ That's what I figured  cussing:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 09:16:51 AM »
My office has just been refurbed so I've been up there this morning putting many files etc back in the cupboards. It was also a good opportunity to get rid of quite a few files too. I'm on duty, so I expect a few interruptions, sods law says that it'll be quiet all day until the rugby is on later, then the calls will no doubt come in. While the weather is like this it looks like a good time to buy a Wii and games, so a bit of internet shopping beckons too
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 10:01:16 AM »
MiL just rang ~ she has had a stomach upset for a few days, Doctor saw her Thursday and said "There is nothing wrong, it's just a bug, Drink lots of fluids, don't eat and it'll clear up" he wrote a prescription for some "salts" to rehydrate her. Yesterday she was on the phone wheedling that she will be "All alone this weekend with no-one to look after her". This morning she has just phoned me again to say, through copious tears, that "It's all started up again, I have phoned the emergency Doctor and they are coming out this morning, can somebody come and look after me?" It is a four hour fecking drive from here Banghead No-way can I go. SiL is away for the weekend and although contactable does need the break from the old dear. BiL is not answering his phone but anyway refuses to visit her except on Birthdays, High Days and Holidays (4 visits in the last 10 months).

Why will the old lady not accept that she is (i) almost blind (ii) cannot walk without assistance from either two people or a frame (it takes her 5 minutes to cover 8 yards from her armchair to the kitchen) (iii) That she need daily attention which we cannot give from 200 miles away, that SiL cannot give as she lives 80 miles away and that BiL, who live 120 miles from her, is not willing to give and uses as his excuse that his job entails many foreign trips.
SHE NEEDS TO BE IN A HOME! cussing:

Or at least be willing to part with her mahoosive house in Lincolnshire and move nearer to one of her children to be cared for. We found her a bungalow in the village where we could call in and see her daily, the boys could visit her, the THW could take a turn in going to Grannies for tea, we could do her washing/ironing and meals ~ all of which Mrs S#2 currently has to try to do every third weekend by dashing over there on a Saturday with 21 meals she cooks and freezes on a Friday and spending a frantic 6 hours trying to do all the house work (even the THW joins in and cleans bathrooms etc whilst the boys tidy her garden) ~ but will she fecking move? Will she f*ck!
Why?
Well the excuse was that she didn't want to never see her precious son again as he "doesn't approve of Wales" so refuses to visit us or her (if she moves here) we have had one visit in the 9 years we have lived here and that was spent complaining about the Welsh none of whom he encountered whilst here.
I have pointed out that she seldom bloody sees him now but to no avail. angry041:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 10:03:01 AM by Snoopy »

Offline Nick

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 10:04:33 AM »
Keeeeelll her

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 10:08:57 AM »
Such a temptation at times.  Sinister:

I refuse to go over there any more, which is unfair to Mrs S#2, but I find it hard to keep my temper and hold my tongue. SiL has already got very huffy on the grounds that it is not my family and therefore not my place to speak on the subject ~ despite it being me that funds most of what the old lady eats and the costs of the 387 mile round trip every third weekend.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 10:51:19 AM »
Been to Limassol and back on my motorbike...  cloud9:

Went to sort out my expired Sky card.

They certainly didn't expect me to turn up at heir offices (they've been avoiding my calls and not calling back this week).  eveilgrin:

In fact, so unexpected was my visit they hadn't even bothered to open the shop.  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »
In other words you went on a Saturday when they are closed  point:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »
In other words you went on a Saturday when they are closed  point:
Yes...  redface:

Still, nice ride on the bike... Will have to go back Monday n ow...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 11:26:29 AM »
 lol:
In your absence I have been sorted by the District Nurse, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, cleaned and disinfected all kitchen work tops and cupboard fronts, swept and washed both the kitchen and dining room floors. When they have dried I shall move onto other rooms downstairs. In the meantime I am drinking a cold beer (breakfast  redface:) and shouting at small boys that their bedrooms will be vacuumed shortly so they need to pick up toys and clothes, in fact everything, off their floors.

Oh and I have cleaned out and relaid the fires in the downstairs rooms ready for when it gets cold again later.  angel1

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 11:35:09 AM »
Today is just getting odder ~ a courier has just delivered three dwarf stock apple trees that I ordered (and forgot about) back in June.........
I answered the door and this chap is standing there with a two metre long cardboard box in his hands.
I looked at him and his box and he looked at me.
Then he spoke "Trees" he said.
"Ah" I replied .... none the wiser ~ then the penny dropped ~ "Thanks" I added
"Pleasure" he said and pushing the box into my arms, walked away.

surrender: