Disgusterous

Author Topic: ..and no doubt...  (Read 1921 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
..and no doubt...
« on: November 14, 2009, 08:50:45 PM »
...we'll here the same old weary statement, "we'll learn from this, and ensure it must never happen again"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8360380.stm

Bloody staggeringly unbelievable incompetance of the highest of new peaks of crass and gross mismanagement that I'm finding difficult to actually comprehend! Banghead

SHOPPING TRIP? eeek:

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said officers had been advised that Gillette is overweight, weighing approximately 25 stone, and is 5ft 5in.

She/it is 25 stone FFS. HOW could she do a runner? noooo:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:02:52 PM by GROWLER »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: ..and no doubt...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »
I'm so bloody angry, I've gone and posted this on the wrong board.

I'm fuckin' furious. cussing:

Please don't suggest that this was part of her rehabiltaion or I'm going to kick this screen down our road and back again. Explode:

Those that decided to let this raging murdering cretin out for a day trip shopping should be hung up naked and have their tezzies ripped off by a rabid dog.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:00:26 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:38:01 AM »
I hope Growler is in a calm and sedate mood this morning before he reads this ....

Prisoners allowed up to 100 days 'holiday' from cells....

Some prisoners can even spend up to a month at a time doing community service outside their prisons.

The number of prisoners offered so-called "resettlement overnight release" (ROR) in the final years of their sentence has trebled in just two years. Prison governors are now granting the equivalent of 30 licences for such temporary release every day.

Ministers say that ROR helps criminals reintegrate into the community, cutting reoffending. Critics say it is being used to alleviate pressure on packed jails.

Some criminals have used their temporary freedom to commit further crimes during their temporary release.

* Harry Roberts, 72, who was given a 42 year jail sentence after murdering three policemen, terrorised a woman while let out on a scheme meant to reacquaint him with life on the outside. His release was cancelled and he remains in jail.

* Robert Foye, who was serving 10 years for the attempted murder of a policeman, raped a 16-year-old girl in August 2007 after being let out on day release to attend an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

* Thomas Murray, a convicted murderer and certified schizophrenic, entered the home of Nancy Nolan, an 80-year-old retired schoolteacher, and killed her with a lump hammer while on day release in 2000.

noooo: noooo: noooo:
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 09:19:49 AM »
So, after reading THAT shite you posted (not your shite, the shite that was written that you copied and posted), can someone please explain the logic and reasoning behind all this unbelievable irresponsible issuing of licences to kill/thieve/rape etc., cus I'm totally at a loss.

That fat murdering witch that did a runner has only just been banged up a couple of years ago, on an indefinate sentence, so they surely weren't getting her reaclimatised to living in the outside world again were they? confused:

I cannot believe a bigger fuss isn't being made of this within the media.
The public have a right and need to know just how incompitently these ignorant stupid idiotic brain dead arse wipes 'in charge' are running the prison service.
Absolutely nowt about it in either the papers or on tv news over the weekend, well not that I saw or read.
It should have been headline news imo.

I'm staggered beyond belief. noooo:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:21:36 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 10:47:22 AM »
The oily political wheels have been working hard to try and cover this up with all the other stuff they'd rather report ...like not putting up a Tory Candidate for election because she has had an affair that she declared some time ago.

If we rule politicians out on that basis then there really will be no one left  noooo:
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 01:55:52 PM »
The oily political wheels have been working hard to try and cover this up with all the other stuff they'd rather report ...like not putting up a Tory Candidate for election because she has had an affair that she declared some time ago.

If we rule politicians out on that basis then there really will be no one left  noooo:

Thanks for your input and replies MD. I was beginning to think it was just me that felt so strongly about this. ;)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 02:06:36 PM »
Me too!  cussing:

I disagree with the whole concept of fixed sentences.

If somebody is caught for burglary and it is clear that they are 'providing' for their family by being a professional burglar what is the point of locking them up as a 'punishment' and then letting them out? They will go straight back they will go straight back to their old 'trade' on release and the only people punished will be their new victims (and the rest of us that pay increased insurance premiums).

I think they should be forced to learn a 'trade' inside and only be released: -

i) If they can prove independence on release. Obviously the state may have to provide 'jobs' like sweeping up, removing graffiti, etc.
ii) on the understanding that if they re-offend they don't get a second chance.

Likewise with any form of violent act. I would only let them out on the 100% guarantee that they won't re-offend. Any doubt whatsoever and they stay in. Make a mistake and let out a wrongun and you lose your job and gold plated pension. Simples.

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 02:14:52 PM »
I read today that it's just a ploy to get the prison population figures down.
I can believe that cynical observation tbh.

What's next? Hospital beds and operating theatres in the Pay and Display hospital car parks?  Banghead

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 03:09:54 PM »

Thanks for your input and replies MD. I was beginning to think it was just me that felt so strongly about this. ;)

I get easily distracted  redface:

But it is a total disgrace and utter madness to allow complete nut jobs, freaks and thugs out on the street for a bit of a stroll and to buy a lottery ticket  ::)

If I could reply using the full range of the english abusive language  that you so eloquently use I would - I hope you can forgive my inadequacies  cry:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »
I personally don't have a major problem with "Honest Burglars" who accept being caught as an occupational hazard (See Ronnie Barker's Character) but it is all the nasties that get me riled. I advocate allowing upright citizens to carry arms for self protection .... it works elsewhere and even if it doesn't  reduce violent and vicious crime it will result in a lot less people to carry out such offences.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 08:27:10 PM »

If I could reply using the full range of the english abusive language  that you so eloquently use I would - I hope you can forgive my inadequacies  cry:

Sorry. I DO actually get a bit cross sometimes when stuff like this rears it's ugly arse. Banghead

I now have a constant supply of artificial bladders being delivered every day.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 08:28:48 PM »
Never apologise...you bring me much joy  cloud9:
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 09:08:00 PM »
Never apologise...you bring me much joy  cloud9:

Ey?  eeek:

How's that then gorgeous?  cloud9:

THAT has NEVER been said to me...EVER!  noooo:
The first four werds have been yelled at me regulary mind, usually followed by shit grief or heartache. ::)

I'm going to celebrate that by opening up a new bottle of Glenfiddich. Cheers! eastdrink048
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:10:56 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 09:10:34 PM »
Never apologise...you bring me much joy  cloud9:

Ey?  eeek:

How's that then gorgeous?  cloud9:

THAT has NEVER been said to me...EVER!  noooo:

I'm going to celebrate that by opening up a new bottle of Glenfiddich. Cheers! eastdrink048

'Spect your mum did, you were just too little to understand
I mostly despair

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 09:11:14 PM »
Get yerself round here you grumpy sod
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile