Author Topic: Parents evening for the Mooselet  (Read 832 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Parents evening for the Mooselet
« on: November 19, 2009, 09:11:58 AM »
Tonight I'm going to be generally ranting at teachers. cussing:

By 7 pm I will be throwing up violently  sick2: listening to them going on about just how wonderful and the star pupil that she is.  rubschin:
The perfect child that is a a teachers dream cloud9:
 Well mannered, helpful, polite, hard working, trustworthy, punctual lah de dah de diddly dum .
I hear it every bastard year. ::)

WELL YOU WANNA COME DOWN TO GROWLER TOWERS FOR A WEEKEND, AND YOU'LL SOON CHANGE YOUR MISGUIDED BLOODY OPINIONS!! Banghead
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:15:14 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Parents evening for the Mooselet
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 09:17:08 AM »
I have one on Tuesday night ...I can write it all now...

The Brat is an intelligent child and very popular at school....however she needs to listen more and stop talking and getting distracted so much in class

She could apply herself so much more although her grades and that are doing well she is not reaching her potential ....yadda yadda yadda

The Brat will come away and say he/ she doesn't like me anyway ...it's not my fault .... Banghead Banghead Banghead
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 09:22:34 AM »

The Brat will come away and say he/ she doesn't like me anyway ...it's not my fault .... Banghead Banghead Banghead

They are all pre-programmed to spout the same phrases, I'm convinced of it.

This morning she just snarled and glared at me, got in the car and didn't speak.
My fault of course.  angry041:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 09:34:31 AM »
Ahhh... the annual parents evening thread - you can almost set your watch by it!  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »
It is no longer annual - do keep up .... whistle:

It is every bloody term

And you no longer have to set aside an hour or two this if from 5 - 8.30 and you will have to queue with hundreds of parents to see loads of different teachers over 4 floors ..even then you can guarantee you won't get around to all of them  noooo:

Skubber

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »
Ours are annual and not due untill the 10th March. Having twins makes it a right palaver though.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »
It is no longer annual - do keep up .... whistle:

It is every bloody term

And you no longer have to set aside an hour or two this if from 5 - 8.30 and you will have to queue with hundreds of parents to see loads of different teachers over 4 floors ..even then you can guarantee you won't get around to all of them  noooo:

Twice a year here. Strict timetable as to who we see and when, all dictated and chosen to by the Moosette of the North. ::)

She's agot a strop on today because i kicked off about her and her ever supportive mother insisting on watching that 'get me in there , I'm a failed superstar ' jungle shite programme last night, while i was watching a proper educational interesting documentary about Mars. Banghead

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 09:46:02 AM »
Do you not think perhaps the solution to many of your problems would just be to get another TV  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:48:07 AM »
Teechers will go to almost any lengths to avoid telling you that the fruit of your loins is a pain in the arse that they would like removed from their class at the earliest opportunity.

Quite unlike my school days when they never held back  redface:

"Snoopy would be an asset to any school but this"
"If Snoopy showed half the interest in his work as he does in the pupils of the Girls' Grammar School he would have a great future"
"An idle, indolent boy for whom there is little hope of decent grades in the forthcoming GCE examinations"
"Snoopy shows no aptitude for Chemistry"
"Snoopy looks upon Physics as an African native would look upon a television set, in wonder and total incomprehension"
"The only boy who apparently cannot grasp that 2 + 2 equals 4 without putting up an argument"
"Snoopy's spelling is appalling, his punctuation poor and his grasp on English Grammar is, at best, tenuous"
"This boy's only saving grace is that when he has an idea, no matter how wrong headed, he clings to it as a drowning man would cling to a plank"

Just some of the comments on school reports that I can recall hearing my father read out with mounting horror in his voice.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 09:48:15 AM »
while i was watching a proper educational interesting documentary about Mars. Banghead

BBC4 great prog.  happy088

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 09:49:31 AM »
Do you not think perhaps the solution to many of your problems would just be to get another TV  rubschin:

Oh no, "we can't do that, the same as we cannot have another computer for the Growlers jnr." noooo:  ::)

I'm getting seriously pissed off these days. I no longer seem to have much control in this dump.
Mrs G doesn't help. noooo:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 09:49:48 AM »
"Snoopy looks upon Physics as an African native would look upon a television set, in wonder and total incomprehension"

;D ;D

That would so not get written these days.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 09:50:48 AM »
while i was watching a proper educational interesting documentary about Mars. Banghead

BBC4 great prog.  happy088

I know it was! cussing:
The first half hour was totally enthralling.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 09:51:17 AM »

;D ;D

That would so not get written these days.

That's what you get when teaching staff were themselves born in the 1890s  confused:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 09:51:39 AM »

"Snoopy's spelling is appalling, his punctuation poor and his grasp on English Grammar is, at best, tenuous"

Did you sue them  happy001
Skubber