Author Topic: Children in cars...  (Read 284 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Children in cars...
« on: November 19, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »
It occurred to me while I was in the UK that having kids in a car - especially young ones and babies - must be significantly more distracting than being on a mobile phone. Baby screaming, baby spits out dummy, baby drops toy...

I was following a woman down a 'B' road in Epsom and she was obviously distracted - trying to drive and placate a youngster in the front while simultaneously attending to another in the rear.

Coincidentally, I passed an accident today on a clear straight road where a car had obviously pulled out of a side turning in front of one on the straight road. You didn't have to be a forensic scientist to analyse the skid marks from the car with the right of way to know what had happened. The car that had pulled out and received a major shunt from the other in its side had pampers streaming out of the open rear door. A mother was tending a baby at the side of the road while others directed the traffic and waited for the emergency services...

Obviously, I don't know that the woman was distracted by baby when she pulled out in front of the other car...

But how fair is it that you can't use a 'phone in a car yet can have multiple monsters vying for your attention?  Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Children in cars...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 01:22:51 PM »
You're right BM ~ leave children at home I say.  angry037

We need a campaign  rubschin: "Think before you f*ck"  "Don't spawn and drive"  "Say no to sprogs"
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.