Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3492391 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #14085 on: October 25, 2011, 01:09:46 PM »
Why did they want you in and out so quickly? rubschin:

He started to make a loud humming noise  rubschin:
lol: lol: lol:
I mostly despair

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #14086 on: October 25, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »
Why did they want you in and out so quickly? rubschin:

He started to make a loud humming noise  rubschin:

lol: lol:    No longer, fingers crossed  confused:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #14087 on: October 26, 2011, 05:45:24 AM »
Smudgewich and I know what I am doing when I get there.  Which is more than I can say for yesterday.  redface:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #14088 on: October 26, 2011, 03:00:08 PM »
 surrender:   evil:   surrender:   evil:

The DWP are totally buggerybollocking useless  Banghead. They give out the wrong phone numbers; they give out the wrong information; they give out the wrong forms, and they claim they have no record of what I sent them nearly nine months ago in spite of having actioned it. I, however, have copies ... dated copies  eveilgrin: , and I know which person sent it through their internal mail  eveilgrin:

Is it Collaps o'clock yet?
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14089 on: October 26, 2011, 03:03:52 PM »

The DWP are totally buggerybollocking useless  Banghead. They give out the wrong phone numbers; they give out the wrong information; they give out the wrong forms, and they claim they have no record of what I sent them nearly nine months ago in spite of having actioned it. I, however, have copies ... dated copies  eveilgrin: , and I know which person sent it through their internal mail  eveilgrin:

Cheers!  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #14090 on: October 26, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »

Welcome to my world. happy100 eveilgrin: They only seem to employ tossers of the highest order.  On Monday I received two letters from them one dated 13th one dated 14th.  One apologising for the delay in dealing with my query one telling me that they had sent my query to the wrong place but this may or may not be taken into account. cussing: censored:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #14091 on: October 26, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »

Welcome to my world. happy100 eveilgrin: They only seem to employ tossers of the highest order.  On Monday I received two letters from them one dated 13th one dated 14th.  One apologising for the delay in dealing with my query one telling me that they had sent my query to the wrong place but this may or may not be taken into account. cussing: censored:

I involved my MP ~ that stirred the b@st@rds up.  eveilgrin:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #14092 on: October 26, 2011, 07:16:54 PM »
Funny you should say that we have an appointment with our MP on Friday.  eveilgrin:  With luck rockets up arses will be the order of the day.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14093 on: October 26, 2011, 07:58:46 PM »
Funny you should say that we have an appointment with our MP on Friday.  eveilgrin:  With luck rockets up arses will be the order of the day.

Is he LibDem then?
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14094 on: October 27, 2011, 04:53:36 AM »
I discovered that a letter from an MP to the DWP has to be answered following certain procedures.
i) It has to be answered in a set time
ii) It has to be dealt with at Managerial level ~ ie not the muppets on minimum wage that you usually have to deal with
iii) It seems to have the effect of making them (DWP) crap themselves
iv) The answer they gave my MP was a lot more informative than the ones they were sending me
v) The reply they send to the MP usually contains a name and direct line phone number to enable you to get through to some member of management that normally you cannot get hold of ie NOT the usual "Help Desk" jockeys.

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14095 on: October 27, 2011, 05:40:26 AM »
I discovered that a letter from an MP to the DWP has to be answered following certain procedures.
ii) It has to be dealt with at Managerial level ~ ie not the muppets on minimum wage that you usually have to deal with
iv) The answer they gave my MP was a lot more informative than the ones they were sending me
v) The reply they send to the MP usually contains a name and direct line phone number to enable you to get through to some member of management that normally you cannot get hold of ie NOT the usual "Help Desk" jockeys.
:thumbsup:
Top tip from Snoopy.
I mostly despair

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #14096 on: October 27, 2011, 06:08:03 AM »

Is he LibDem then?

lol: lol: drumroll:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #14097 on: October 27, 2011, 07:15:34 AM »

It's the same with local authorities. We have a separate procedure for these referrals with a supposed 5 day response time. We have a very active MP who sent our team nearly 200 requests last year  eeek:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14098 on: October 27, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »
What amazes me is that we are, in the main, unaware of this. Meanwhile our tinted cousins and those to whom the English Language is a mystery seem to be fully up to speed on how to work the system.

I have spent three years trying to get a straight answer from DWP. My MP got it for me in 8 days.

Did he write to them? ~ NO .... he simply copied my email asking for his help to the Chief Executive of the DWP.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #14099 on: October 27, 2011, 07:29:05 AM »
No need to write, an email or phone call is treated the same as a letter . It is simply the mode of referral and nothing more.

I have to say the MP in question does recognise that she places a high demand on certain services and is aware of the impact this has . She actually threw a bit of a cheese and wine do at the House of Commons for a number of the main services she engages with and paid for this herself  eeek: Was a very nice do and we had a bit of a tour of the building which is nothing short of impressive  8)
Skubber