Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3514793 times)

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #27885 on: August 04, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »
Back home ....  Had a good run back 324 miles in 4.5 hrs  only stopped once for petrol.... Music on singing at the top of my voice ... No real traffic .... love it cloud9:

Not the best homecoming I have had but hey ho that's life init..... ::)

happy100  I hope mum is on the mend

What JOM said.   Not easy with so many miles in between.   happy100

Thank you both  cloud9:  Yes on the mend thank goodness sis home from France to take over :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:     (I didn't want to ask just in cases)

And as a bonus you are the official VP world record holder for a journey over 300 miles!

lol: lol: lol:  :thumbsup:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #27886 on: August 04, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »
Glad to hear that your mum is on the mend.  It gets tricky as they get older.  Well done that woman :thumbsup:

Now about this home coming.  We had drinks lined up for you and Twiglets in little chipped bowls.  Thet seem to have dissapearde during the course of the evening, as did several pints of rum and black.  I blame MissT for that. ::)

Anyhoo the bunting was out and everything.  razz:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27887 on: August 04, 2013, 12:24:54 PM »
Glad to hear that your mum is on the mend.  It gets tricky as they get older.  Well done that woman :thumbsup:

Now about this home coming.  We had drinks lined up for you and Twiglets in little chipped bowls.  Thet seem to have dissapearde during the course of the evening, as did several pints of rum and black.  I blame MissT for that. ::)

Twiglets........ redface:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #27888 on: August 04, 2013, 12:46:31 PM »

Thank you my leader  cloud9:

I was so tired when I got back I ran straight passed the pub it all looked so quiet ....  I didn't see the bunting prolly due to the lighting problem outside the pub BM should have put the new bulbs in before I went away... noooo: But he has obviously been attending to the wheelbarrow his new project now Mimi is finished ... confused:

It was a lovely thought and sorry I missed it ... cry:   

Prolly Apey who ate all the Twiglets ... You are prolly right about the rum and black but Miss T had a tough day and she is poorly so has been punished enough  happy100

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27889 on: August 04, 2013, 12:53:40 PM »

I was so tired when I got back I ran straight passed the pub it all looked so quiet ....  I didn't see the bunting prolly due to the lighting problem outside the pub BM should have put the new bulbs in before I went away... noooo: But he has obviously been attending to the wheelbarrow his new project now Mimi is finished ... confused:

Prolly Apey who ate all the Twiglets ... You are prolly right about the rum and black but Miss T had a tough day and she is poorly so has been punished enough  happy100

Those low energy bulbs are as effective as that new wheel on me wheelbarrow!  Banghead

Haven't had  it a week yet and two, yes, TWO ferking punctures!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27890 on: August 04, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »

Those low energy bulbs are as effective as that new wheel on me wheelbarrow!  Banghead

Are you me...... rubschin:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #27891 on: August 04, 2013, 01:06:24 PM »

cloud9: Indeed.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #27892 on: August 04, 2013, 01:36:23 PM »

I'm still on full blast 100 and 150w old style kill the planet bulbs. I have a slowly diminishing supply in the cupboard (sorry Miss C  redface: )
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #27893 on: August 04, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »

I'm still on full blast 100 and 150w old style kill the planet bulbs. I have a slowly diminishing supply in the cupboard (sorry Miss C  redface: )

I have to say JOM I'm with you on that I have a stock of 100w 60w and 40w for lamps ... each time I find any I buy another lot.  Aldi sell them  :thumbsup:

Rarely use overhead lights tho can't be doing with bright light... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27894 on: August 04, 2013, 02:28:23 PM »

Are you me...... rubschin:

Sadly not....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #27895 on: August 04, 2013, 02:38:25 PM »
I went to the Garden Centre this morning and on the way back saw a motorcyclist on the verge covered with tartan blankets awaiting the arrival of the emergency services. There was a crowd of people caught up in the incident.  I am now wondering was it slippy roads because of the downpour we had just had, did the bike not stop at the junction, did the car not see the bike......  or could it be that here it is not the practice to put headlights on when the conditions take a turn for the worse.    cussing:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27896 on: August 04, 2013, 03:04:18 PM »
I went to the Garden Centre this morning and on the way back saw a motorcyclist on the verge covered with tartan blankets awaiting the arrival of the emergency services. There was a crowd of people caught up in the incident.  I am now wondering was it slippy roads because of the downpour we had just had, did the bike not stop at the junction, did the car not see the bike......  or could it be that here it is not the practice to put headlights on when the conditions take a turn for the worse.    cussing:

It was prolly some bizarre porridge wog festival thing - did you see any haggis....? Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #27897 on: August 04, 2013, 03:09:12 PM »
 noooo:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #27898 on: August 04, 2013, 04:55:57 PM »

It was prolly some bizarre porridge wog festival thing - did you see any haggis....? Shrugs:

evil: evil:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27899 on: August 04, 2013, 04:59:32 PM »

evil: evil:

Wha? Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: