Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3518614 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #28890 on: September 08, 2013, 09:05:36 PM »
26 miles on the bike first thing, then cream tea at Broadway Tower, then I liberated some blackberries, some apples and a large carrier bag of plums.   cloud9: cloud9: cloud9:

Damsons, Sloes and Elderberries were also available but have left them for another day.

Preserves........Steve has some top tips......... Thumbs:
I have top tips?

I have learnt more about jam making this last week than I ever wanted to know.  I can summarise it thus:  if you want decent jam then it's a lot less grief to buy Hartleys off the shelf

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #28891 on: September 08, 2013, 09:19:41 PM »
Have never yet made jam but today's scrumping fits in with my ethics.  Plums were in an orchard which hasn't been harvested for years.  Apples were windfalls I passed earlier on my bike.  Blackberries - I like to gather enough for a crumble at least once a year.
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #28892 on: September 08, 2013, 09:23:10 PM »
Have never yet made jam but today's scrumping fits in with my ethics.  Plums were in an orchard which hasn't been harvested for years.  Apples were windfalls I passed earlier on my bike.  Blackberries - I like to gather enough for a crumble at least once a year.

No heather........ whistle:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #28893 on: September 08, 2013, 09:27:15 PM »
 cussing:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #28894 on: September 08, 2013, 10:02:47 PM »

No heather........ whistle:

That is the name of my ex wife.  cussing:

I used to do sloe gin in the UK. GREAT for Chrimble.  cloud9:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #28895 on: September 08, 2013, 10:27:46 PM »
Booked a long weekend away for a few weeks time ......see I told you I was right  angel1

whistle:

Nice one  :thumbsup:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #28896 on: September 08, 2013, 10:31:50 PM »
I seem to be in Nottingham  evil:

Well YOU chose to go and live down there in that shit 'ole. ::)

You could have stayed up here and been closer to some real characters. cloud9:

evil: evil: evil: evil: evil: evil: Nothing wrong with some of the people in Nottingham....

We went to Nottingham last year for a short break around a family event.  Thought it would be horrible but no it was very good.  Would happily go back again

Well done Steve  :thumbsup:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #28897 on: September 09, 2013, 05:44:57 AM »

It's called scrumping when you liberate them from gardens/orchards; not Tescos and Sainsburys
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #28898 on: September 09, 2013, 08:16:24 AM »

It's called scrumping when you liberate them from gardens/orchards; not Tescos and Sainsburys

lol: lol: lol:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #28899 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:40 AM »

[serious] About a quarter of a mile from the house there is a long hedge which separates two fields. It mostly consists of mature elder which my mother and grandmother used to pick berries from and make gallons of wine which was distributed through the family. My eldest daughter has done the same, but in a smaller way.
One Sunday last year, I spotted two cars stopped in the gateway to the field and two complete families with several children, all armed with plastic buckets filled with berries.
I approached them and asked what they thought they were doing and was told, albeit politely, that they were going to make wine. When I pointed out they were my berries, the response was "but they are only growing in a hedge". I pointed out that it was my hedge and how would they like it if I went in their garden and picked whatever I liked.
They couldn't see the connection.
"Leave some for my prize bull to eat when he comes down this end of the field" seemed to hasten their departure.  whistle: [/serious]
I mostly despair

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #28900 on: September 09, 2013, 08:30:32 AM »

[serious] About a quarter of a mile from the house there is a long hedge which separates two fields. It mostly consists of mature elder which my mother and grandmother used to pick berries from and make gallons of wine which was distributed through the family. My eldest daughter has done the same, but in a smaller way.
One Sunday last year, I spotted two cars stopped in the gateway to the field and two complete families with several children, all armed with plastic buckets filled with berries.
I approached them and asked what they thought they were doing and was told, albeit politely, that they were going to make wine. When I pointed out they were my berries, the response was "but they are only growing in a hedge". I pointed out that it was my hedge and how would they like it if I went in their garden and picked whatever I liked.
They couldn't see the connection.
"Leave some for my prize bull to eat when he comes down this end of the field" seemed to hasten their departure.  whistle: [/serious]

lol: lol: lol:

We had loads of 'set a side' land behind us and most of the hedges were full of sloes.  Thumbs:
Just bastard prickly bushes to get to them.  noooo:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #28901 on: September 09, 2013, 09:33:04 AM »
Just finished cleaning the GROWERmobile.    cloud9:

Lashiopissiomondomonious now. Banghead

Been buying things off 't'internet have we?     whistle:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #28902 on: September 09, 2013, 03:19:12 PM »
Just realised it is my wedding anniversary  eeek:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #28903 on: September 09, 2013, 04:57:10 PM »
Just realised it is my wedding anniversary  eeek:

What, when the card from Mrs Nick arrived?

happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001

redface:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #28904 on: September 09, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »
 evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile