Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3532790 times)

Steve and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #75420 on: Today at 12:45:49 PM »
Bluewater to get me phone sorted (battery change)
Well what fun today has been

I arrived late thanks to two major traffic incidents caused by fuckwit truckers (see filling trousers thread for one) that have paralysed roads in North Kent all day.  But no problem as the idiot woman with the appointment before hadn't read any of the instructions and couldn't remember her password and had let the battery run flat.  Apple staff are very patient, I'd have told her to eff off and not darken their doors again.

Then Apple battery changer managed to break the display on my phone changing the battery (actually this isn't uncommon with more recent iPhones so gave me a £199 display replacement for free  :thumbsup: 

Then to eye test to be told my right eye retina has been bleeding again eeek:  scared2: 

Then loads of shopping and not a little eating  :thumbsup:

Then trying to get home with roads totally jammed due to incident 2 (some arse sprayed hydraulic fluid on 400 metres of Dartford tunnel) still not being sorted as massive resurfacing needed.

surrender:

Bleeding eye … ::) eeek:
I had quite a bad retinal bleed in 2007, this one is much smaller and away from the Macula but it's a worry that it could happen again.  When the optometrist noticed it she went back through my prior scans and says it seemed to happen in 2022.

But then I am 70 and well past my best before date
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #75421 on: Today at 12:57:40 PM »
Bluewater to get me phone sorted (battery change)
Well what fun today has been

I arrived late thanks to two major traffic incidents caused by fuckwit truckers (see filling trousers thread for one) that have paralysed roads in North Kent all day.  But no problem as the idiot woman with the appointment before hadn't read any of the instructions and couldn't remember her password and had let the battery run flat.  Apple staff are very patient, I'd have told her to eff off and not darken their doors again.

Then Apple battery changer managed to break the display on my phone changing the battery (actually this isn't uncommon with more recent iPhones so gave me a £199 display replacement for free  :thumbsup: 

Then to eye test to be told my right eye retina has been bleeding again eeek:  scared2: 

Then loads of shopping and not a little eating  :thumbsup:

Then trying to get home with roads totally jammed due to incident 2 (some arse sprayed hydraulic fluid on 400 metres of Dartford tunnel) still not being sorted as massive resurfacing needed.

surrender:

Bleeding eye … ::) eeek:
I had quite a bad retinal bleed in 2007, this one is much smaller and away from the Macula but it's a worry that it could happen again.  When the optometrist noticed it she went back through my prior scans and says it seemed to happen in 2022.

But then I am 70 and well past my best before date

Get it fixed after Halloween … Thumbs:

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #75422 on: Today at 01:36:46 PM »
“Lunch”  NickSick NickSick NickSick NickSick
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator