Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3536057 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #75450 on: Today at 01:44:01 PM »
This week there has been loads of military planes and helicopters flying about …British ones … rubschin:  are “we” about to invade somewhere ..?..?

Not up to date on who the latest threat ..? …

Two Hercules just rumbled over now …
Awesome plane for its time the Herc but I think you'll find they were the much bigger A400s.  We haven't got any Hercs anymore.

And what BM said with that  whistle:, Humanitarian purposes my arse.  Restocking with missiles for taking out Iranian drones far more likely.

A400s fly into RAF Akrotiri...

Apey is much more likely to have seen the Hercs flying in and out of Pafos - I think they are RCAF... Also a regular procession of C-17 Globemasters on finals over our village into Pafos....
:thumbsup:

IIRC the Yanks still fly them too.

A picture taken in Pafos of one of our current visitors... Unfortunately, I haven't seen any in Pissouri...  evil:

Cor! Saw an Osprey on finals into Pafos International at lunchtime...  cloud9:

Over my house this evening...  cloud9:

The Marines are here big time!

Cor!  cloud9:

This bad boy just lumbered over the house - unfortunately I only had my phone to hand...

I fitted an ADS-B antenna on the roof yesterday... Was testing last night and tracked this Osprey which left Chania, descended to 0 feet in the middle of the Meditteranian (presumably onto a ship) and disappeared!  eeek:

Tracking military aircraft in Cyprus …. rubschin:  Wonder which jail you’ll get …. rubschin: rubschin:
Nah, mil aircraft turn off their ADS-B transmitters when they don't want to be tracked.  And the Flight Radar etc sites are tracking them all the time they are on.

Which begs a question:  what does having your own £50 and up ABD-B receiver + antenna give you that Flight Radar doesn't?

a) It is cool to set up on a Raspberry Pi
b) You get a free upgrade to Flightradar 24 Business when you start sharing your data
c) It is fascinating to see what you can pick up on it
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #75451 on: Today at 01:45:01 PM »
. . .Which begs a question:  what does having your own £50 and up ABD-B receiver + antenna give you that Flight Radar doesn't?

a) It is cool to set up on a Raspberry Pi
b) You get a free upgrade to Flightradar 24 Business when you start sharing your data
c) It is fascinating to see what you can pick up on it

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #75452 on: Today at 01:47:17 PM »
Taking Mrs K to hostipal for loads of checks - and an all clear  ;D

Hopefully the end of the line of some stupid misdiagnoses