Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3506220 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #990 on: March 20, 2010, 12:07:42 PM »
She wants hot drinks
She wants something to read
She wants something to eat (but doesn't know what)

She does not want  eyes: and looking at her red eyes, snotty nose and sore upper lip neither do I  noooo:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #991 on: March 20, 2010, 12:10:35 PM »
I had a very pretty elderly aunt. She must have been a stunner when young.

I once took my mother there for tea. They were both about 80. AS we left we asked what she would be doing later. I know not why.

SHe replied, "The usual. Hot bath, hot bed, hot drink, HOT BOOK  eyes:"

I liked her!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #992 on: March 20, 2010, 01:08:03 PM »
Today I shall be mainly running around looking after SWWLTBO who has a cold ................ Only not being a man who gets proper flu she is sniffling and saying she has a headache (and I hadn't any thoughts of  eyes: because she is infectious) so is going to stay in bad.
Meanwhile the THW is useless around the house. Smallest boy has to be taken to a Birthday party 25 miles away in Chester.
Party starts at 10.30 am ........... what sort of a moron plans a kid's party for 10.30am on a Saturday?????????????

Question ~ Do I hang around in Chester and wait for him to finish or do I drive home after dropping him off only to turn round and go back to collect him an hour later? SWWLTBO expects me to return to base to see if she is ok  Banghead.

Obviously I shall hang around in Chester, probably the most boring place outside of Swindon that I can think of.

And it is pissing down  cussing:

Chester? Boring? Ey? How'dya werk that one out then ey, how, exactly like, ey? confused:

I generally speaking like, avoid cities like the plauge, but Chester is actually a very pleasnt one imo.
How the blazes you can even remotely compare it to bloody Swindon is totally and utterly beyond my comprehension, it really is. noooo:

Current my walking limit is about 100 yards on the flat. I do not have an electric wheelchair. So what exactly am I to do in Chester that would be exciting, thrilling or even not consist of boringly siting in a fvcking traffic jam caused by Saturday Shoppers all looking for a parking place (that doesn't exist) close to the shops?

All of Chester centre requires that one walks, even disabled drivers cannot enter and park. Other than that I suppose I could go to the Zoo  ::)

Well? Eh? EH?

Chester is exactly like Swindon in that there is fvck all to do except shop, walk round museums (which I can't do) or drive round endless shopping parks of identical warehouse like mega stores all situated on the outskirts. There is no fun in that as one Argos/B&Q/PCWorld/Land of Leather/Next/ToysRUs looks much like another .... especially in the pissing rain.

Anywhoo the Birthday Boy's Mum has said she will bring Minimus back after the party so I was spared the tedium of two hours in Chester in the rain.

Thank you for your concise reply to my searching questions.

Now I /we know.

Offline Nick

« Reply #993 on: March 20, 2010, 01:12:23 PM »
Growler is an nosey bear  noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #994 on: March 20, 2010, 01:18:40 PM »
Bored weary bad tempered and sleepy. Been awake since 05:30 hrs.
So, off  to the as ever overly exciting Asda to allow them to save me money(everyday) at 07:00 hrs., god almighty I hate that bloody sales advertising shite, I really do. sick2:

Since then, a short nap whilst her ladyship and the exceedingly bad tempered (towards me) MM went out shopping, only to be rudely awoken 30 minutes later upon their rapid return. Banghead

Still, I can look forward to an overly and thouroughly exciting afternoon watching the rain piss and batter down against the window, interupted only by short bursts of attempting to work out what exactly I owe the vat man, 1 month @15%, 2 @17.5% plus initial sales cost, plus 5.5% and 7.5% depending on which month the werk was carried out, and of course WHEN or even in fact IF they have paid me too, if not I pay them (vatmen/wimmin) in June. confused:

Strewth I lead one 'ell of a stonkingly exciting life ey, do'ni? noooo:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:40:38 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Nick

« Reply #995 on: March 20, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
I have a shed  angel1

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #996 on: March 20, 2010, 01:32:45 PM »
Growler is an nosey bear  noooo:

No ~ he was right to ask.

Swindon used to have a pleasant town centre. I've walked, crawled and marched through it many times. FFS I even worked lived and worked there for three years but now it is has mostly been pedestrianised and has the same shops as everywhere else. It had/has some very decent parks (Coate Water) and the Old Town used to be a Victorian delight (in the 1960s) with some really good pubs, tiny shops etc. But that has all changed. Where all the shopping malls and business parks now are was green fields when I lived there. Oh and I had two children born and christened there so I do did know it well. Now the "good bits" have gone as far as I am concerned and it looks like everywhere else. Chester is heading the same way. The walls are nice to look at but not if you can't climb around them and not when it's raining. The shops are much the same shops as you will find in Swindon and the mega Retail and Business parks that encircle the city are identical to every other such. I could equally have compared Chester to Basingstoke (very near where I was born) or, if we are talking old walls, Southampton (where I grew up and knew the walls like the back of my hand). All ruined, I feel, by the planners and developers in the name of progress. The problem I have with this "modernisation" is that they turn the town centres into mini "Disneyland" style tourist attractions and in doing so take the heart out of them.

And that, in a nutshell, is why I won't go back to live in Southampton, Swindon or Basingstoke.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:34:24 PM by Snoopy »

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #997 on: March 20, 2010, 01:37:18 PM »
Still, I can look forward to an overly and thouroughly exciting afternoon watching the rain piss and batter down against the window, interupted only by short bursts of attempting to work out what exactly I owe the vat man, 1 month @15%, 2 @17.5% plus initial cost, plus 5.5% and 7.5% depending on which month the werk was carried out, and of course WHEN or in fact IF they have paid me too, if not I pay them (vatmen/wimmin) in June.

Growler, sounds like you need your 'ill

I'm off to the rugby in a few minutes, That's my "me 'ill", a great way of getting rid of the weeks stresses win or lose. Bottom of the Super League, played 6, won 1, lost five, points for = 56, points against 196  sad32:

Thank god my love is of the game first and the team second  cloud9:

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #998 on: March 20, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »
Still, I can look forward to an overly and thouroughly exciting afternoon watching the rain piss and batter down against the window, interupted only by short bursts of attempting to work out what exactly I owe the vat man, 1 month @15%, 2 @17.5% plus initial cost, plus 5.5% and 7.5% depending on which month the werk was carried out, and of course WHEN or in fact IF they have paid me too, if not I pay them (vatmen/wimmin) in June.

Growler, sounds like you need your 'ill

I'm off to the rugby in a few minutes, That's my "me 'ill", a great way of getting rid of the weeks stresses win or lose. Bottom of the Super League, played 6, won 1, lost five, points for = 56, points against 196  sad32:

Thank god my love is of the game first and the team second  cloud9:

I do, but it'll be wet miserable cold foggy muddy slippy sproggy and soggy, and I feel totally knackered.

However, the good news is that the mooses have both gone out again to the mil's, and will not be returning for some considerable time apparently.
MM this evening sometime after a b.d.party or summat, and Mrs G after werk at 16:00 hrs TOMORROW! Bliss! cloud9:

I may sneek back to me nest, 'ave a quick nap and then 'me 'ill' might beckon. rubschin:

Growler jnr is out sliding around on skid pan training day today, so I'm all lonely like. cry:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #999 on: March 20, 2010, 01:52:21 PM »
Nick is at home but has no trousers.  whistle:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1000 on: March 20, 2010, 02:01:11 PM »
Nick is at home but has no trousers.  whistle:

So? Shrugs:

Nowt suprises or shocks me. He's odd. ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1001 on: March 20, 2010, 02:02:43 PM »
He wants company ........................... but he has no trousers.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1002 on: March 20, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »
He wants company ........................... but he has no trousers.

He'll have to go on wanting then.

WTF's he done with his kecks anyway FFS?
Microwaved them? Expolded? Fed them to the ducks/pidgeons/herons/cat?

Who knows ey, and more importantly, WHO actually cares ey, who? noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1003 on: March 20, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »
Put some in the cleaners and washed the rest. Then it rained so he is trying to dry them over a radiator.

Meanwhile he can't go to the cleaners in his shreddies.  ;D

Offline Nick

« Reply #1004 on: March 20, 2010, 02:17:01 PM »
 cussing: