Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3495745 times)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #3045 on: August 09, 2010, 05:01:07 PM »
shopping today (also in paphos) beer, vino and a chainsaw ....

what could poss go wrong........

And you're thinking of enjoying your purchases simultaneously?  noooo:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #3046 on: August 09, 2010, 05:27:50 PM »
There's some variables you could mix in Growler. Add in a weight factor perhaps (napsack with a few kilos loaded)  rubschin:

All the reps I do depend on weight factors, and I'm not talking gym stuff but the same principle applies. 

Don't get me wrong. I find it a struggle going up there most of the time already, so I don't want to physically strain meself anymore, I just need....  rubschin:, dunno really. Just something. I'm restless. evil:
P'raps I could re-jig me target to 125 for this year p'raps?

Heaven only knows what I'm going to challenge meself to next year. ::)

That's the way to go Growler, don't set the bar too high though else you'll be disappointed if you don't achieve it. Wish I had your get up and go, so this comes to you via "do as I say, not as I do" school of learning
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3047 on: August 09, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »
There's some variables you could mix in Growler. Add in a weight factor perhaps (napsack with a few kilos loaded)  rubschin:

All the reps I do depend on weight factors, and I'm not talking gym stuff but the same principle applies. 

Don't get me wrong. I find it a struggle going up there most of the time already, so I don't want to physically strain meself anymore, I just need....  rubschin:, dunno really. Just something. I'm restless. evil:

That's the way to go Growler, don't set the bar too high though else you'll be disappointed if you don't achieve it. Wish I had your get up and go, so this comes to you via "do as I say, not as I do" school of learning

It's self choice really JOM.
As I've said in the past, it's the best option for me as it takes my mind off health worries, and psychologically it helps me to convince myself that I am actually totally fit and able. cloud9:
The alternative is to sit here and blolge, grow fatter and feel sorry for myself.

Trouble with 'the bar' though, is that if I unwittingly set it too low, I feel dissapointed with myself for being too lenient with myself, but if I set it too impossibly high, I'd end up  feeling like a total failure for not achieving what I set out to do.
I CAN'T bloody win with me. Banghead

I have some wild ideas for next year that are currently in the melting pot. Sinister:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3048 on: August 09, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »

It's self choice really JOM.
As I've said in the past, it's the best option for me as it takes my mind off health worries, and psychologically it helps me to convince myself that I am actually totally fit and able. cloud9:
The alternative is to sit here and blolge, grow fatter and feel sorry for myself.

Trouble with 'the bar' though, is that if I unwittingly set it too low, I feel dissapointed with myself for being too lenient with myself, but if I set it too impossibly high, I'd end up  feeling like a total failure for not achieving what I set out to do.
I CAN'T bloody win with me. Banghead

I have some wild ideas for next year that are currently in the melting pot. Sinister:

Mini restoration ????

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3049 on: August 10, 2010, 05:53:32 PM »
Mini restoration ????

Actually abc, that is quite a physical challenge and achievment when completed.
Not really my cuppa tea though tbqh. I'm a tad too impatient.

Meanwhile, and just for a change like, 'me 'ill'  cloud9: beckons

Image from me 'BIG 'ill', just 30 miles east as the Terrydactyl flies, shows a most pleasant evening is forecast.  cloud9:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:55:31 PM by GROWLER »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3050 on: August 10, 2010, 06:15:47 PM »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3051 on: August 10, 2010, 06:47:11 PM »
Strange (or perhaps not) that the link about taking 2 years to walk the length of the Amazon was brought to us by www.asylum.co.uk.

There's a clue in there somewhere and it ain't Werld Wide  noooo:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #3052 on: August 10, 2010, 08:31:33 PM »
Been out on my bike, 14 miles. cloud9:

Then went for a drive in a VW Tiguan we have as a Courtesy Car, very nice.  Was enjoying it till I got told there is a £500 excess on the insurance for it! 
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3053 on: August 10, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »

Then went for a drive in a VW Tiguan we have as a Courtesy Car, very nice.  Was enjoying it till I got told there is a £500 excess on the insurance for it! 

Courtesy car eh  rubschin:

point: Who's crashed a car then?

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #3054 on: August 10, 2010, 09:22:50 PM »

Courtesy car eh  rubschin:

point: Who's crashed a car then?

No, they have had my car to fix a problem they didn't fix last time, like.  They have now ordered a new part for the air conditioning, so presume they have investigated it properly this time.   cool14:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3055 on: August 10, 2010, 09:24:27 PM »
Of course...

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #3056 on: August 11, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »
Today they have ordered another part for my car.  And  the boiler has gone again so be visiting the gym later. noooo:

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3057 on: August 11, 2010, 06:02:35 PM »
You'll have to get rid of the car and go back to horsepower...

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #3058 on: August 11, 2010, 06:06:10 PM »
You'll have to get rid of the car and go back to horsepower...

and wishing I hadn't sold the caravan as well.  sad24:

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3059 on: August 11, 2010, 08:56:30 PM »
Yeah, well there you go...No boiler to go wrong either...calor gas bottle with a camping stove under a watering can with a rose, balanced on a step ladder...what could possible go wrong