Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3495795 times)

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #3060 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »
Yeah, well there you go...No boiler to go wrong either...calor gas bottle with a camping stove under a watering can with a rose, balanced on a step ladder...what could possible go wrong

You been watching?  evil:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #3061 on: August 11, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »
Eyes and ears everywhere these VPers  eyes:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3062 on: August 11, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »
Yeah, well there you go...No boiler to go wrong either...calor gas bottle with a camping stove under a watering can with a rose, balanced on a step ladder...what could possible go wrong

Have you not noticed the van... the plain one with no markings, but maybe two aerials...no interior mirror...curtain across the back of the front seats...rear windows blacked out...No? Oh...

I have video... eveilgrin:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #3063 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »

Have you not noticed the van... the plain one with no markings, but maybe two aerials...no interior mirror...curtain across the back of the front seats...rear windows blacked out...No? Oh...

I have video... eveilgrin:

Why no interior mirror?  Don't you have a reflection... like?  scared2: scared2:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3064 on: August 11, 2010, 10:10:53 PM »
Blocks the view...gets in the way of the camera...

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #3065 on: August 11, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »

Ah I see.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3066 on: August 11, 2010, 10:17:46 PM »

Ah I see.

So do we. . .
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3067 on: August 12, 2010, 05:31:19 AM »
Today they have ordered another part for my car.  And  the boiler has gone again so be visiting the gym later. noooo:

The boiler is obviously jealous of your own globe-trotting...   point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #3068 on: August 12, 2010, 10:38:54 AM »
I am off to buy a new wetsuit this afternoon, nothing to do with the weather I just like wearing rubber. ;)
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3069 on: August 12, 2010, 10:54:47 AM »
I'd offer to help choose but I have to spend the entire afternoon at the horse-pickle.

Liverpool Heart & Chest Hosp is excellent but it is a long drive that takes forever (Runcorn Bridge is always a choke point). My appt is for 2.45 which means I have to allow 2 hours to get there, park and traverse the hospital as the car park is at the furthest point on the campus from the department I have to get to. Allow half an hour running late because of various emergencies (don't they always have one?) and then I have to make the reverse journey which will be just as Liverpool empties at the end of the day so the return journey will take a good three hours.

The day is a write off!  cussing:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3070 on: August 12, 2010, 11:09:07 AM »
Just got back from the horse-pickle... visiting Kafenes like....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #3071 on: August 12, 2010, 04:01:14 PM »
And how is he then? Kafenes that is.

Stu the Tiler (mate of Jim the Sparks) has been round to look at the kitchen floor  rubschin: . Cracked tiles, bit of movement ... seems like the time has come to refurbish replace put a new floor down. The sight of two grown men (me 'n' him) on all fours inspecting the dried out cement on the back of broken tiles is not a pretty one  noooo:
Ceramic or Porcelaine? Rough or gloss? Colour? Size? Thickness? Been out to buy a few samples; the cockney Pole (I kid you not) in the tile shop was keen to show me all he had. I spose it made a change from sweeping up.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #3072 on: August 12, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »
I'd offer to help choose but I have to spend the entire afternoon at the horse-pickle.

Liverpool Heart & Chest Hosp is excellent but it is a long drive that takes forever (Runcorn Bridge is always a choke point). My appt is for 2.45 which means I have to allow 2 hours to get there, park and traverse the hospital as the car park is at the furthest point on the campus from the department I have to get to. Allow half an hour running late because of various emergencies (don't they always have one?) and then I have to make the reverse journey which will be just as Liverpool empties at the end of the day so the return journey will take a good three hours.

I hope that all is well and that your BP has returned to normal. happy100
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3073 on: August 12, 2010, 05:20:13 PM »

I have just got back. 2 x 5 minute consultations achieved. Time out of home 6 fvcking hours  Banghead Banghead Banghead
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #3074 on: August 12, 2010, 08:26:36 PM »
Ceramic or Porcelaine? Rough or gloss? Colour? Size? Thickness? Been out to buy a few samples; the cockney Pole (I kid you not) in the tile shop was keen to show me all he had. I spose it made a change from sweeping up.

Who left the samples on the kitchen floor to trip over?  redface:

surrender: