Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3494623 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #3360 on: August 24, 2010, 05:20:43 PM »
Number one daughter just called ~ Number two granddaughter has achieved 3 x A, 6 x B, and 3 x C grades in her GCSEs + a Merit BTec (Sports).

So that's another happy household looking forward to choosing a Uni next year. This one wants to read Marine Biology at Bath so will be doing Eng Lit, Biology, Chemistry and for "light relief" Film Studies at As level from September.

At one stage in my wonky career I taught Film Studies. Hard werk if you do it proply, like.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #3361 on: August 24, 2010, 05:25:24 PM »
Number one daughter just called ~ Number two granddaughter has achieved 3 x A, 6 x B, and 3 x C grades in her GCSEs + a Merit BTec (Sports).

So that's another happy household looking forward to choosing a Uni next year. This one wants to read Marine Biology at Bath so will be doing Eng Lit, Biology, Chemistry and for "light relief" Film Studies at As level from September.

At one stage in my wonky career I taught Film Studies. Hard werk if you do it proply, like.

Talking of which has BM watched Performance yet?  And he get the allusions to Borges' Labyrinths?  rubschin:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3362 on: August 24, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
Since this is the only Grandchild I see with any regularity I am pleased for her. She seems to be doing well and is very determined to get to do Marine Biology tho' as she lives in Milton Keynes I cannot imagine what inspired that idea.  rubschin: I s'pose she was born in Deal so perhaps her mother was frightened by a crab or summat ...... tho' knowing Number One Daughter it is more likely that the "Monster from the Deep" was frightened by her. .......... OOoooo she is like her mother.  scared2:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3363 on: August 24, 2010, 07:34:55 PM »
Well back from Bristol now, interview seemed to go pretty well so I should hear something by the end of next week.  scared2:

Got to Templemead to find that the guy who did my tickets cocked up the time for the return so blagged an earler one but couldnt get a seat reservation. Spent the trup back sat on the floor by the exit chatting to a very attractive uni student who said she was heading down to Cornwall for a week or so...

Phone numbers have been exchanged.  cool14:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3364 on: August 24, 2010, 07:40:10 PM »
Did you try it our first though before leaving ?  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3365 on: August 24, 2010, 07:41:53 PM »
Yes, I rang her number to give her mine as I can never remember the bloody thing  lol:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

« Reply #3366 on: August 24, 2010, 08:16:27 PM »

Talking of which has BM watched Performance yet?  And he get the allusions to Borges' Labyrinths?  rubschin:

Nah, he's too dim noooo:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #3367 on: August 24, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
Have been out on the bike as I am running out of light nights and weather.  Youngest got Btec Distinction.  cloud9:  He is planning on geography, philosophy and film studies next year.
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3368 on: August 24, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »
Have been out on the bike as I am running out of light nights and weather.  Youngest got Btec Distinction.  cloud9:  He is planning on geography, philosophy and film studies next year.

That's becoming a problem for me now too, you know, for when I go wandering around sometimes somewhere I shouldn't really go on about in case I'm being seen as a 'willy waver', obviously being well fit and able like, bloody show off that I am. ::)

Offline Nick

« Reply #3369 on: August 24, 2010, 08:46:47 PM »
Ooh Fillum Studies. I am an expert on the old Hitch Cock  eyes:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3370 on: August 24, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »
Bang it in the door did you?  whistle:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3371 on: August 25, 2010, 04:39:25 AM »

Nah, he's too dim noooo:

As a Toc H lamp....  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3372 on: August 25, 2010, 08:54:46 AM »
Have been out on the bike as I am running out of light nights and weather.  Youngest got Btec Distinction.  cloud9:  He is planning on geography, philosophy and film studies next year.

That's becoming a problem for me now too, you know, for when I go wandering around sometimes somewhere I shouldn't really go on about in case I'm being seen as a 'willy waver', obviously being well fit and able like, bloody show off that I am. ::)

So long as you don't wave it in front of people or the Web Cams you should be allright up there. The sheep are quite used to it .... Bred to accept it isn't it.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #3373 on: August 25, 2010, 08:29:54 PM »
Well I made it to London by car (once the AA had managed to start it  evil:) and now I don't know where I am  noooo:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3374 on: August 25, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »
Don't worry ...we are all going round in circles  noooo:
Skubber