Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3500418 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #6120 on: January 07, 2011, 03:38:40 PM »
I'm preparing an invoive  eveilgrin:

invoive?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #6121 on: January 07, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »
You can see why I'm cheap.

Prolly type better if I turned th lights on, can't see a thing now, gone very dark.

RTFM

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #6122 on: January 07, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »
I've still got one December involve to do  razz:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6123 on: January 07, 2011, 04:34:03 PM »
OK Reason for failure of Driving Test established:
Basically "Over confidence" but the examiner can't say that so picked on "Failure to give way at a roundabout"

Driving Instructor who was in the back of the car says "That's bollox but it is an opinion so cannot be argued with/appealed against"

It seems that as the THW approached a large roundabout she judged that since the only other car approaching it was not already on the roundabout she could proceed as her instructor has told her to do. The examiner later said she should have halted and waited for the car, which was not yet on the roundabout but coming from her right, to enter the roundabout and pass in front of her before proceeding.

Driving Instructor says book another test after the statutory 3 working days wait.
Waiting time is eight weeks or so ... Instructor says it would be a waste of my money to have more lessons but to go out with either me or her mother and practice in the meantime. He will give her two lessons on the two days immediately prior to the new test date (once that is known) and reckons she will pass without problems.

So she is not too displeased ~ just a bit disappointed.

Went into skool for the afternoon at the request of the Head of Sixth Form who wanted to see her about some matter and had sent a message via a friend of hers. Turns out he had only one question to ask of her and was too busy to see her. Normally she does not attend on a Friday afternoon as she has no lessons timetabled and the library is shut to the Sixth Form as it is used for other year groups on Friday afternoon ... so she has nowhere to work and is thus granted "Study Periods" which may be spent at home. She feels that the person who had her called in was simply making the point that he can do so on a whim as he objected to her taking the morning off to take her driving test. The agreement that is issued to all members of the sixth form specifically states that a driving test (NOT driving lessons) counts as a valid reason for absence as it is an "External Examination". I have reminded the Head of School of this via a phone call. He agreed with my suggestion that the action of the Head of Sixth was petty. Whether he will take it further I very much doubt but I felt a shot across the arseh*le's bows would be worthwhile as this is not the first time I have had to intervene.  eveilgrin:
Meanwhile she has spent the afternoon closeted with her "Head of House", who hates the "Head of Sixth with a passion, plotting revenge. This will happen on her last day at the skool (July next) when she plans to "denounce" him for a variety of issues that she has listed and has evidence against him for. She will not be the first pupil to do this and she is aware that he is already on a written warning from the Governors regarding his conduct and performance. Fortunately she has, for once, heeded my advice and is keeping quiet until all her exams are out of the way.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:38:17 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #6124 on: January 08, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »
Floors all mopped and shower room done...
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6125 on: January 08, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
Busy today
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #6126 on: January 08, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »
Today I mainly seem to be in a different place. confused:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6127 on: January 08, 2011, 09:04:24 PM »
A better place though I hope
Skubber

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #6128 on: January 08, 2011, 09:10:48 PM »
Definitely better Miss D thank you.  A great deal of contentment is going to be had here despite the closeness to Sheffield.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #6129 on: January 08, 2011, 10:38:19 PM »
Went to Worcester and had a look at the shops.  Didn't buy much though.  Went back this evening to the cinema and dinner out.
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6130 on: January 09, 2011, 08:30:34 AM »
I am going to the gym and then out for lunch with friends and hopefully book summer holiday this afternoon  cloud9:
Skubber

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #6131 on: January 09, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »
Where are you looking at going to Miss D?  Sounds like a lovely day is planned then. ;D

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6132 on: January 09, 2011, 09:53:11 AM »
Where are you looking at going to Miss D?  Sounds like a lovely day is planned then. ;D

Cyprus prolly...  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #6133 on: January 09, 2011, 10:23:01 AM »
Prolly out buying a ticket to Nottingham (again  ::) ). What could possibly go wrong?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6134 on: January 09, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »
Where are you looking at going to Miss D?  Sounds like a lovely day is planned then. ;D

Cyprus prolly...  ::)

It was mentioned ...but I did say I had worn my welcome out over there  lol:
Skubber