Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3513225 times)

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #8130 on: March 08, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12622061

Bad

I just went out for some chocs and got propositioned  eeek:  The laydees of the night are back  noooo:

How much did they offer...?

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8131 on: March 08, 2011, 08:52:34 PM »
They obviously wanted the Whole Nut  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #8132 on: March 08, 2011, 08:54:09 PM »
Oooohhhhhhh...that was quick... happy001 happy001

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8133 on: March 08, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »

Is that wot the "ladies" said ............... whistle:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8134 on: March 09, 2011, 06:40:51 AM »

Is that wot the "ladies" said ............... whistle:

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #8135 on: March 09, 2011, 07:15:07 AM »
Blood test at 0845 followed by meds review with GP .... he is also going to have a go at freezing off a wart on my left thumb.
Rest of the day looks bizzy....... New lap-top to set up..... old werk to review & archive to portable hard drive...... study to tidy and reorganise.
Boys to take to fencing club this evening. SWWLTBO & THW return from Norwich this evening.  surrender:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #8136 on: March 09, 2011, 09:23:37 AM »
The people next door are having an extension built.  They are a very nice young couple.

Since 0800 hrs this morning they (the builders) have been on site.  One out the back using a grinder cutting the house in two, noise level about the same pitch as baby crying and billows of dust floating past the window.  One out the front breaking concrete with a jack hammer. I already have a headache I might have to go out for the duration. evil:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8137 on: March 09, 2011, 09:26:26 AM »
The people next door are having an extension built.  They are a very nice young couple.

Since 0800 hrs this morning they (the builders) have been on site.  One out the back using a grinder cutting the house in two, noise level about the same pitch as baby crying and billows of dust floating past the window.  One out the front breaking concrete with a jack hammer. I already have a headache I might have to go out for the duration. evil:

That new double-glazing can't be up to much then...? Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #8138 on: March 09, 2011, 10:24:29 AM »
Have just been on a telephone conference about a project I have been working on. It has emerged that different parts of the same quango have paid three different organisations to undertake identical projects simultaneously  cussing:  WHat a waste of fucking public money!!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
« Reply #8139 on: March 09, 2011, 12:35:47 PM »
Have just been on a telephone conference about a project I have been working on. It has emerged that different parts of the same quango have paid three different organisations to undertake identical projects simultaneously  cussing:  WHat a waste of fucking public money!!

And you are surprised ?
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

• Power Poster
« Reply #8140 on: March 09, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »

That new double-glazing can't be up to much then...? Shrugs:

evil:  I shall give the baby currently residing in BMs boudoir a virtual poke and then you can have the pleasure of loud screeching. eveilgrin:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

• Power Poster
« Reply #8141 on: March 09, 2011, 01:14:09 PM »
A black box has arrived. eeek:  Air crash investigations will commence shortly.

My house is filling up with jam jars. 8)
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8142 on: March 09, 2011, 01:42:24 PM »
Am I the only normal girly on this board ?  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8143 on: March 09, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »
I have been to a 'choose your exam options' evening at The Brat's school  noooo:

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzus ..how complicated can you make it. Because this is the theoretically the first lot of kids that will be required to be in full time education until they are 18 they have to choose courses directed to certain pathways . 3 pathways - vocational , further education to university, and further education with a view to getting into elite universities etc.

Under each pathway core subjects and then a mix of courses that have to be taken from a mixture of modules but have to account for the number of periods taken  not taking into account the core periods required in the pathways - are you with me so far 

Sounds very much like they are building up to switching from A levels to the International Bac syllabus to me. THW has done the "Welsh Baccalaureate" version. Lot of work involved but better prep for uni than the now discredited GCSE followed by A levels. Also doing the Bac saves having to concentrate on a few subjects the choice of which is made too early.
A levels will be phased out over the next few years. With the International Bac they can go anywhere. All unis that we have spoken to now require something more than a result in a heavily scaffolded couple of A levels. The Bac show a commitment to work over a period of time, requires a more in depth and broader knowledge and contains some of the things that Unis now look for that are not available at A level. This may explain why the THW has 5 offers on the table to choose from whereas those in her year group who did not take the Bac have none.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:50:58 PM by Snoopy »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8144 on: March 09, 2011, 01:54:04 PM »
PS Despite the foregoing the THW has A levels as well but all her offers have been qualified as offered without the need for a "Foundation Year" because of the Bac. Those without it are having to do a foundation year to prove they can actually teach themselves which is what Uni is all about.