Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3509205 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #10455 on: June 01, 2011, 06:21:50 AM »
I am contractually obliged to say that of course I love her ....but would I want her any want her any other way ....of course I Bloomin well would .
I would like her to acknowledge the existence of others in her world that aren't her mates. I would like that she is not such a lazy cow. I would like that she helps me in some small way. I would like that she doesn't expect everything given to her on a plate. I would like that she leaves my stuff alone or at least ask. I would like when she beats on about tired when she has been at home all day and probably not git up until midday she didn't think it unreasonble for me to roll my eyes. I would like for her to recognise when she is finished with something it can actually be put away or thrown away rather than be left there. I would like that she sees me as a human being rather than a rather too accessible ATM. I would like never to hear the words "  I Need " again in my life. I would like her to come to terms with rhe word no, or I can't afford it or I don't agree with that without it being directly associated with the door being slammed or the mother of all strops. I would like to be able to contribute to a conversation without being instantly dismissed. I would like to be able to show her affection without being shrugged off. I would like to see evidence of manners when I know I have taught her these.

But apart from that I wouldn't change a thing  surrender:
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #10456 on: June 01, 2011, 08:47:42 AM »
I am contractually obliged to say that of course I love her ....but would I want her any want her any other way ....of course I Bloomin well would .
I would like her to acknowledge the existence of others in her world that aren't her mates. I would like that she is not such a lazy cow. I would like that she helps me in some small way. I would like that she doesn't expect everything given to her on a plate. I would like that she leaves my stuff alone or at least ask. I would like when she beats on about tired when she has been at home all day and probably not git up until midday she didn't think it unreasonble for me to roll my eyes. I would like for her to recognise when she is finished with something it can actually be put away or thrown away rather than be left there. I would like that she sees me as a human being rather than a rather too accessible ATM. I would like never to hear the words "  I Need " again in my life. I would like her to come to terms with rhe word no, or I can't afford it or I don't agree with that without it being directly associated with the door being slammed or the mother of all strops. I would like to be able to contribute to a conversation without being instantly dismissed. I would like to be able to show her affection without being shrugged off. I would like to see evidence of manners when I know I have taught her these.

But apart from that I wouldn't change a thing  surrender:

Luxury. You only have ONE daughter.  ::)
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #10457 on: June 01, 2011, 12:20:08 PM »
Miss D  happy100

I have three daughters and one son. 

Being a single parent is not an easy thing to do even if you have a good relationship and support from the father.

It may be that when her stepbrother/sister is born she might just change for the better and if that fails she will eventually grow out of it all and become a human being again.

I do believe that saying no and sticking to that is much harder in this high technology age when they are bombarded from every side by adverts which tell them what they MUST have to make life cooler and better and when so many parents are incapable of saying 'no' peer group pressure has intensified.

I don't envy the job that my children will have to do and are doing when they have children of their own.

I will of course offer my services to beat them on a regular basis. ;) eveilgrin:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #10458 on: June 01, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »
Miss D  happy100

Being a single parent is not an easy thing to do even if you have a good relationship and support from the father.

It may be that when her stepbrother/sister is born she might just change for the better and if that fails she will eventually grow out of it all and become a human being again.

I do believe that saying no and sticking to that is much harder in this high technology age when they are bombarded from every side by adverts which tell them what they MUST have to make life cooler and better and when so many parents are incapable of saying 'no' peer group pressure has intensified.

I don't envy the job that my children will have to do and are doing when they have children of their own.

I will of course offer my services to beat them on a regular basis. ;) eveilgrin:
^Wot she sed
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10459 on: June 01, 2011, 12:47:04 PM »
Miss D  happy100

happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #10460 on: June 01, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »
Miss D  happy100

I only have two daughters.....does that make it a bit easier like?

• Power Poster
« Reply #10461 on: June 01, 2011, 04:23:51 PM »
Probably not. noooo:

My DIL and son came here last Wednesday with their two children aged four and two.  They live in Scotland had travelled to the south coast for sons birthday ( Shrugs:) called in here on the journey back.  Two year old has Downs syndrome four year old a bit of a fussy eater.

They arrived after a 4 hour car drive, not having seen us for a year (we were elsewhere then,following so far)? The kids were great.

made nursery food for their tea.  Grandson ate his his no problem.  Granddaughter ate a little and then ate no more.  her plate was taken away.

A trip to the park and an hour and a half later she was in tears because she was hungry.  Her parents did not take the easy way out.  They told her that she had been told that if she didn't eat her tea there would be nothing else other than juice or water until the morning.  They stuck to their guns when they could so easily have given in.  Don't think she will be a fussy eater for much longer.

I was soo proud of them. razz:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:33:44 PM by Miss Creant »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #10462 on: June 01, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
Good. The Boy ate whatever was put in front of him. No Choice. It's a kitchen, not a restaurant. I used to ask parents waht their kids had when they came for tea. "Usual kid's stuff" identified the chavs. Mind you we had tears over home made food, veg and salids  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #10463 on: June 01, 2011, 04:50:11 PM »
My eldest, 10, is an absolute angel. I cannot stand other people saying how wonderfull their own kids are (rose tinted specs and all that) but when outsiders comment on their good behaviour then it is not too bad, they must be doing something right.

The youngest,4, is an absolute nightmare.  evil: She has the devil in her. It is a good job that I no longer live with the kids....there might be a murder, she would be the one still living after the event and I would be up with Osama looking for the virgins. noooo:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #10464 on: June 01, 2011, 05:26:06 PM »
The day started at 04:30 - couldn't sleep, so got up, made some tea and read. Since then the "to do" list has steadily increased instead of decreased  surrender:

At one point, mid afternoon, I was talking to my sister on the phone and the conversation turned to what was happening the rest of the week. I said "... and I think I'm doing something on Sunday"
"Yes. You are. You're meeting me at that trade exhibition!" She said.

redface:   surrender:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #10465 on: June 01, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »

The youngest,4, is an absolute nightmare.  evil: She has the devil in her.  noooo:

Wonder where she gets it from... whistle:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #10466 on: June 02, 2011, 05:54:08 AM »
Lazy mood today.  Should be rushing about and getting off to work.   noooo:   I'll go in a minute. surrender:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #10467 on: June 02, 2011, 06:08:36 AM »
Right, I'm off.  Have a good day you lot!  ;D
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

• Power Poster
« Reply #10468 on: June 02, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
Have a good one Tipsy. I am off to ponder the benefits of mealworm farming.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #10469 on: June 02, 2011, 08:03:42 AM »
Have a good one Tipsy. I am off to ponder the benefits of mealworm farming.

Popcorn: