Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3494569 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #13290 on: September 25, 2011, 08:06:10 PM »
Man required, strong thigh muscles, good with his hands and doesn't mind getting dirty  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #13291 on: September 25, 2011, 08:07:14 PM »
Mr Thread? I see Mr Gutter approaching.
 noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #13292 on: September 25, 2011, 08:07:41 PM »
Man required, strong thigh muscles, good with his hands and doesn't mind getting dirty  whistle:
We are doing Miss C's advert first.  ::)
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #13293 on: September 25, 2011, 08:08:31 PM »
 lol:
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13294 on: September 25, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »
So when does Growler start? He could live in Miss C's shed cloud9:

I've got me own lurrrve nest mobile shed, and it'll 'ave new triangular reflectors on the back of it soon too!!  Party001:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #13295 on: September 25, 2011, 08:23:49 PM »
I am still looking for advice for my advert

Lets do it like the 3 word story (only without the word limit).

I will start:

"Mature, eccentric lady seeks. . . "

happy001 happy001 happy001

'Old immature, eccentric old baggage lady seeks....'

The shed was cleared out this weekend as it happens and I found my old didder.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13296 on: September 25, 2011, 08:26:50 PM »
We are doing Miss C's advert first.  ::)

+1. :thumbsup:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #13297 on: September 25, 2011, 09:09:19 PM »
I've been out to avoid hearing the band playing in the park ...  noooo:

Now back and they've 5 minutes left ... the band's not bad but the vocalist's mike is too loud and he's slightly out of tune  noooo:

:lalalala :lalalala

In a slightly similar vein, on one of me rugby boards one of the "characters" made me smile with this about X Factor today

Don't watch it but if anyone doubts the ability of the utterly talentless to be given a stage, they should've been sat in our flat last night. We have a pub whose beergarden adjoins one wall, a couple of times a year this pub puts on live "entertainment". This has previously consisted of a Blues Brothers Tribute Band (John Belushi would be spinning in his grave), a Jam Tribute, various heavy rock bands etc. Most of whom, although not providing earth-shattering entertainment, were bearable.

Last night's band kicked off at 8.00pm and finished their first set around 9.15. They'd played cometently and although there was no obvious musical genre, they did inlude some gems such as Fun Loving Criminals "Scooby Snacks". The play resumed at 9.45, only this time with an added twist, they were joined on stage by what appeared to be two, possibly three females, who then proceeded to "sing" for the rest of the evening. Their reportoire was pretty eclectic and included songs such as: Johnny Kid & The Pirates' "Shaking all Over", Rober Palmer's "Bad Case of Loving You", Stevie Wonder's "I was made to Love Her" and The Beatles' "Day Tripper".

Through what appeared to be a determined and deliberate combination of tone-deafness, an inability to find, let alone hold a note, complete lack of harmonies, poor timing and unlearned lyrics, they proceeded to mangle every, and I do meany EVERY song in ther set list. I finally reached breaking point at about 10.30 and after considering walking around the corner and having a word with the landlord, decided on a more subtle approach.

I remembered that I'd bought a battery-powered loudhailer at a car boot sale, so after digging it out, I went downstairs to the covered alley that separates the two properties. I climbed a stepladder and waited for a break between songs, then using the megaphone through the gaps in the corrugated roof, gave them my critique. After the first broadside, on of the girls said "I'm sorry for the interruption", to which I replied: "Don't apologise for me, you should be apologising to any lover of music, you have voices that only a mother could love". I continued by listing all of their perceived faults and suggested that they hired a practise studio, instead of rehearsing in public. I ended by recommending that they should seek other means of finding a living and suggested that they apply to the cheese factory on Monday morning.

The rest of the night continued in blissful silence.
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

• Power Poster
« Reply #13298 on: September 25, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »
I've been out to avoid hearing the band playing in the park ...  noooo:

Now back and they've 5 minutes left ... the band's not bad but the vocalist's mike is too loud and he's slightly out of tune  noooo:

:lalalala :lalalala

In a slightly similar vein, on one of me rugby boards one of the "characters" made me smile with this about X Factor today

Don't watch it but if anyone doubts the ability of the utterly talentless to be given a stage, they should've been sat in our flat last night. We have a pub whose beergarden adjoins one wall, a couple of times a year this pub puts on live "entertainment". This has previously consisted of a Blues Brothers Tribute Band (John Belushi would be spinning in his grave), a Jam Tribute, various heavy rock bands etc. Most of whom, although not providing earth-shattering entertainment, were bearable.

Last night's band kicked off at 8.00pm and finished their first set around 9.15. They'd played cometently and although there was no obvious musical genre, they did inlude some gems such as Fun Loving Criminals "Scooby Snacks". The play resumed at 9.45, only this time with an added twist, they were joined on stage by what appeared to be two, possibly three females, who then proceeded to "sing" for the rest of the evening. Their reportoire was pretty eclectic and included songs such as: Johnny Kid & The Pirates' "Shaking all Over", Rober Palmer's "Bad Case of Loving You", Stevie Wonder's "I was made to Love Her" and The Beatles' "Day Tripper".

Through what appeared to be a determined and deliberate combination of tone-deafness, an inability to find, let alone hold a note, complete lack of harmonies, poor timing and unlearned lyrics, they proceeded to mangle every, and I do meany EVERY song in ther set list. I finally reached breaking point at about 10.30 and after considering walking around the corner and having a word with the landlord, decided on a more subtle approach.

I remembered that I'd bought a battery-powered loudhailer at a car boot sale, so after digging it out, I went downstairs to the covered alley that separates the two properties. I climbed a stepladder and waited for a break between songs, then using the megaphone through the gaps in the corrugated roof, gave them my critique. After the first broadside, on of the girls said "I'm sorry for the interruption", to which I replied: "Don't apologise for me, you should be apologising to any lover of music, you have voices that only a mother could love". I continued by listing all of their perceived faults and suggested that they hired a practise studio, instead of rehearsing in public. I ended by recommending that they should seek other means of finding a living and suggested that they apply to the cheese factory on Monday morning.

The rest of the night continued in blissful silence.

Oh JOM, sad24: are you trying to tell us that, that, well, that you go somewhere else for your manly enjoyment and pleasures, that we are not enough for you? sad24: sad24, :

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #13299 on: September 25, 2011, 09:36:55 PM »
Miss C, tis true that I go elsewhere for my manly pleasures and enjoyment. And I also frequent other boards too  ;)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #13300 on: September 26, 2011, 06:01:31 AM »
For Growler ~ BST Ends on 30th October
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Power Poster
« Reply #13301 on: September 26, 2011, 07:19:36 AM »
Miss C, tis true that I go elsewhere for my manly pleasures and enjoyment. And I also frequent other boards too  ;)

noooo: My mood is ruined.

I am going back to school today.  I have done my homework.  It will be interesting to see who hasn't and what excuses they come up with. eveilgrin:
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13302 on: September 26, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »

noooo: My mood is ruined.

I am going back to school today.  I have done my homework.  It will be interesting to see who hasn't and what excuses they come up with. eveilgrin:

Well, you couldn't have said your dog ate it could you...?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #13303 on: September 26, 2011, 08:09:30 AM »
I could and they would never know. I could make various references to Snoopy and mess with their minds, which having seen some of them last week would be dreadfully easy. eveilgrin:
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #13304 on: September 26, 2011, 08:15:20 AM »
 angel1
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.