Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3494597 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #13305 on: September 26, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »
For Growler ~ BST Ends on 30th October

Is that next month?
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #13306 on: September 26, 2011, 09:19:58 AM »
 scared:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13307 on: September 26, 2011, 09:30:21 AM »

Trend becoming evident here. rubschin:

The daily pissing upon of my chips. ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #13308 on: September 26, 2011, 09:41:09 AM »

Trend becoming evident here. rubschin:

The daily pissing upon of my chips. ::)
I could still watch it at approx 11:30 tonight.  rubschin:
Betterer than a mug o' 'ot choccy to aid kippin' probably. whistle:

I got all confuzzled and conflicticated over the time factors and also due to the fact that it is / was a evening / night race, doh. ::)  Banghead
Don't the clocks change soon? whistle:

Hardly pissing on anything. Just giving the date.  angel1
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #13309 on: September 26, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
angel1

Would you like to come?

Last weeks assignment was alternatives. We were not told how many pictures to present. Some people had 20 + others like me had 2. These were to be laid out in front of you so that we could parade around the tables looking at every ones work, all that is except Rebecca. Rebecca is the devil incarnate and as such has no need to print her picutres out like the rest of us.  Oh noes noooo: Rebecca places hers on a memory stick. eeek:  We did not explain the rational behind our pictures. Banghead

Well, today the teacher and I use that term very loosely, wanted us to work in pairs and with someone that we had not worked with before.  I had no problem with this and asked the chap sitting next to me if he was OK working with me.  He agreed.

We were then told that this was to be a 2 week project on 'reflections'. She then told us that as a pair we should do a mind map and held up an A4 sheet of paper with her mind map on it so that we could see what a 'mind map' looked like. Banghead  Hers may as well have been blank.

We then had ten minutes or so to make said mind map. At the end of this time I had written down nothing but had learnt about kidney cancer, a fatty lump, the local hospital  after care, breathing difficulties, (he was lucky it was not due to my hands being around his throat) and the number 76 bus. Banghead

Just in case we didn't know what reflections were or meant we were shown some photographs.  A sort of power-point presentation of 6 Google pages.  The names of a few well known photographers were thrown in for good measure.

It was at this point that Rebecca said she wanted to show us her pictures.  She inserted her memory card and we then sat through 28 pictures of an engagement ring.  She explained each one to us in the manner of a very irritating weather girl. Using the standard BBC hand movements and with a lot of hair flinging back and ruffling thrown in. Banghead censored: Explode:

Next it was onto a DVD The Genius of Photography. Slight problem insofar as the sound would not work.  The computer was switched on and off a few times to no avail and teacher went off to find a technical man.  Technical man had gone for the day.  Technical lady turned up 5 minutes later wiggled a wire and lo we had sound.  Don't get me wrong the DVD is very good I watched the programme when it was on the TV it's just that when I used to give presentations etc it was a given that any equipment to be used would be checked out before the start. Banghead

Ans so there ended the second lesson. Banghead

I will persevere there will be something that will come out of this if only an exhibition of our work put on for free in a vacant shop window. However I cannot promise that Rebecca or the teacher will be alive and well by the end of the course.

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Nick

« Reply #13310 on: September 26, 2011, 12:56:09 PM »
What is this shite about? NOt you, Miss D, but these idiots?

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #13311 on: September 26, 2011, 01:15:15 PM »
Not me , no  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13312 on: September 26, 2011, 01:20:04 PM »
angel1

Would you like to come?

Last weeks assignment was alternatives. We were not told how many pictures to present. Some people had 20 + others like me had 2. These were to be laid out in front of you so that we could parade around the tables looking at every ones work, all that is except Rebecca. Rebecca is the devil incarnate and as such has no need to print her picutres out like the rest of us.  Oh noes noooo: Rebecca places hers on a memory stick. eeek:  We did not explain the rational behind our pictures. Banghead

Well, today the teacher and I use that term very loosely, wanted us to work in pairs and with someone that we had not worked with before.  I had no problem with this and asked the chap sitting next to me if he was OK working with me.  He agreed.

We were then told that this was to be a 2 week project on 'reflections'. She then told us that as a pair we should do a mind map and held up an A4 sheet of paper with her mind map on it so that we could see what a 'mind map' looked like. Banghead  Hers may as well have been blank.

We then had ten minutes or so to make said mind map. At the end of this time I had written down nothing but had learnt about kidney cancer, a fatty lump, the local hospital  after care, breathing difficulties, (he was lucky it was not due to my hands being around his throat) and the number 76 bus. Banghead

Just in case we didn't know what reflections were or meant we were shown some photographs.  A sort of power-point presentation of 6 Google pages.  The names of a few well known photographers were thrown in for good measure.

It was at this point that Rebecca said she wanted to show us her pictures.  She inserted her memory card and we then sat through 28 pictures of an engagement ring.  She explained each one to us in the manner of a very irritating weather girl. Using the standard BBC hand movements and with a lot of hair flinging back and ruffling thrown in. Banghead censored: Explode:

Next it was onto a DVD The Genius of Photography. Slight problem insofar as the sound would not work.  The computer was switched on and off a few times to no avail and teacher went off to find a technical man.  Technical man had gone for the day.  Technical lady turned up 5 minutes later wiggled a wire and lo we had sound.  Don't get me wrong the DVD is very good I watched the programme when it was on the TV it's just that when I used to give presentations etc it was a given that any equipment to be used would be checked out before the start. Banghead

I will persevere there will be something that will come out of this if only an exhibition of our work put on for free in a vacant shop window. However I cannot promise that Rebecca or the teacher will be alive and well by the end of the course.

eeek: Is your teacher Noah?

Mind maps are the biggest no-no in the work place and education now ............ Soooooo last century  noooo:

Come over some time ~ Woodstock has a legion of tales about mind maps and their replacement which is called Brainstorming.
Even Microsoft removed their Mind-Map template back in 2003 and replaced it with Brainstorm templates  ::)

As for Power Point ~ even in my day it was known as the crutch of the useless presenter. Anything longer than 6 pages is forgotten before those watching it have left the room.

Offline Nick

« Reply #13313 on: September 26, 2011, 01:24:41 PM »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13314 on: September 26, 2011, 01:25:21 PM »
This shows why Brainstorm has replaced Mind map

Brainstorm example

Mind map example:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13315 on: September 26, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
Painting finished - Me-Mi's birthplace is ready...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #13316 on: September 26, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »
 sick2:

Been there done that  scared2:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #13317 on: September 26, 2011, 01:49:10 PM »
angel1

Would you like to come?

Is this some sort of punishment, like community service?
Or is it self-inflicted?

RTFM

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #13318 on: September 26, 2011, 02:01:04 PM »

Yeeeew ...will she spill oil all over the place and you will have to cut her coil or summat ?
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13319 on: September 26, 2011, 02:03:17 PM »

Yeeeew ...will she spill oil all over the place and you will have to cut her coil or summat ?

Thass it - and smack her arse!  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: