Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3496269 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #14865 on: November 30, 2011, 01:52:12 PM »
A Garrard record player....  cloud9:

I think it is an SP25 MK III....  redface:

I'm not clicking to play the tune tho....  noooo:

Why do the words "Nerd" and "Anorak" spring to mind?

Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #14866 on: November 30, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »
I don't know it too well, but I remember on one occasion stopping at a John or Samuel Smith's pub near there in 1976/77. Around 20 hairy arsed building "students" stopped there for a pre-arranged breakfast at 0900hr's and the pumps were open  ;D  Two hours later we emerged pissed  ;D  ;D and laughed/messed  our way through the rest of the day at the pipeworks. I can't remember if it was that occasion or the drunken trip to the newly opened NEC that resulted in the Building College banning all outside excursions  redface:
#

I don't know what are you like eh. noooo: I am sure that you are much more mature now. whistle:

I am having an hour off. surrender:

Mr C has an his old record player wired up and on occasions he plays his LP's on it it seems to make him a very happy bunny and stops him fiddling with other things.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:27:51 PM by Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons) »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14867 on: November 30, 2011, 02:45:43 PM »
I don't know it too well, but I remember on one occasion stopping at a John or Samuel Smith's pub near there in 1976/77. Around 20 hairy arsed building "students" stopped there for a pre-arranged breakfast at 0900hr's and the pumps were open  ;D  Two hours later we emerged pissed  ;D  ;D and laughed/messed  our way through the rest of the day at the pipeworks. I can't remember if it was that occasion or the drunken trip to the newly opened NEC that resulted in the Building College banning all outside excursions  redface:
#

I don't know what are you like eh. noooo: I am sure that you are much more mature now. whistle:

Mr C has an his old record player wired up and on occasions he plays his LP's on it it seems to make him a very happy bunny and stops him fiddling with other things.

I sold my record player so I have to fiddle with other things....  whistle:

Still have my LPs tho...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #14868 on: November 30, 2011, 02:48:45 PM »
#

I have a do-da that transfers me vinyl LP's to CDs 

Best of all worlds cloud9:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14869 on: November 30, 2011, 02:51:20 PM »
#

I had a doo-dah too... but I couldn't get it to work properly....

So I flogged the deck on ebay and kept the LPS... one day they'll be worth squillions!  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #14870 on: November 30, 2011, 02:55:43 PM »
#

I had a doo-dah too... but I didn't read the instructions....

So I flogged the deck on ebay and kept the LPS... one day they'll be worth squillions!  cloud9:

whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14871 on: November 30, 2011, 02:57:18 PM »
 evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #14872 on: November 30, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
#

Reckon there's money to be made in Captain Beaky and Joe Dolce LP's, huh?  rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14873 on: November 30, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »
#

Reckon there's money to be made in Captain Beaky and Joe Dolce LP's, huh?  rubschin:

evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #14874 on: November 30, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »
 surrender: in the kitchen.  So I have decided to stop getting grumpy in there , come in here with a glass of wine and get grumpy with you lot. angel1
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14875 on: November 30, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
surrender: in the kitchen.  So I have decided to stop getting grumpy in there , come in here with a glass of wine and get grumpy with you lot. angel1
We are honoured by your presence.
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #14876 on: November 30, 2011, 04:43:49 PM »
Where's my cake? cussing:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #14877 on: November 30, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »
Where's my cake? cussing:

Please stay on the line while we put you through to Customer Service ...................................

tunble:

tunble:

All of out chefs are busy currently. Please call back later   razz:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #14878 on: November 30, 2011, 06:09:50 PM »
Your call is important to us
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #14879 on: November 30, 2011, 06:18:50 PM »
#

I still have me LP's, a Technics deck, and have transferred the LP's that I couldn't get in CD format into music files using some program or other

And as for do-da's, I learnt t'other day from the Shefield forum that people from Barnsley are called dee-dars

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie