Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3496263 times)

Nick and 40 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #14880 on: November 30, 2011, 06:21:53 PM »
I don't know it too well, but I remember on one occasion stopping at a John or Samuel Smith's pub near there in 1976/77. Around 20 hairy arsed building "students" stopped there for a pre-arranged breakfast at 0900hr's and the pumps were open  ;D  Two hours later we emerged pissed  ;D  ;D and laughed/messed  our way through the rest of the day at the pipeworks. I can't remember if it was that occasion or the drunken trip to the newly opened NEC that resulted in the Building College banning all outside excursions  redface:
#

I don't know what are you like eh. noooo: I am sure that you are much more mature now. whistle:

I am having an hour off. surrender:

Mr C has an his old record player wired up and on occasions he plays his LP's on it it seems to make him a very happy bunny and stops him fiddling with other things.

I sold my record player so I have to fiddle with other things....  whistle:

Still have my LPs tho...  cloud9:

I have a do-da that transfers me vinyl LP's to CDs 

Best of all worlds cloud9:

I still have me LP's, a Technics deck, and have transferred the LP's that I couldn't get in CD format into music files using some program or other

And as for do-da's, I learnt t'other day from the Shefield forum that people from Barnsley are called dee-dars

How useful...  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #14881 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:04 AM »
Horsepickle appointment at midday

"Please note this appointment will last at least 30 - 45 minutes"  eeek:

It is only an assessment by the Consultant Anaesthetist  confused:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14882 on: December 01, 2011, 08:52:35 AM »
Oh and tomorrow I have another appointment at same horsepickle at 12.30 for a CT Scan ..... "Please allow one hour for this appointment"

Heaven forfend that they could make both appointments on the same fecking day.  Banghead

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14883 on: December 01, 2011, 09:22:26 AM »
Oh and tomorrow I have another appointment at same horsepickle at 12.30 for a CT Scan ..... "Please allow one hour for this appointment"

Heaven forfend that they could make both appointments on the same fecking day.  Banghead

Don't be silly. Why would that happen? They have all those pensionless clerical staff to keep in work.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14884 on: December 01, 2011, 09:27:33 AM »

Don't be silly. Why would that happen? They have all those pensionless clerical staff to keep in work.

rubschin: Good point ~ well made.

Be a real shame if all those wimmin with hooooge arses actually had to do something.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14885 on: December 01, 2011, 09:57:52 AM »
Been to Limassol to collect a parcel from the post office...

As it arrived from outside the EU (the USA in fact) I had to go through the pointless process of opening the package, explaining to three people what it was and then throwing myself on the mercy of the customs officer who makes a number up to cover the cost of duty + VAT.

Didn't do too badly today...

Cost of goods $70. Shipping $30. Duty and VAT (on goods AND shipping  evil:) €15.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #14886 on: December 01, 2011, 10:02:16 AM »
I don't know it too well, but I remember on one occasion stopping at a John or Samuel Smith's pub near there in 1976/77. Around 20 hairy arsed building "students" stopped there for a pre-arranged breakfast at 0900hr's and the pumps were open  ;D  Two hours later we emerged pissed  ;D  ;D and laughed/messed  our way through the rest of the day at the pipeworks. I can't remember if it was that occasion or the drunken trip to the newly opened NEC that resulted in the Building College banning all outside excursions  redface:
#

I don't know what are you like eh. noooo: I am sure that you are much more mature now. whistle:

I am having an hour off. surrender:

Mr C has an his old record player wired up and on occasions he plays his LP's on it it seems to make him a very happy bunny and stops him fiddling with other things.

I sold my record player so I have to fiddle with other things....  whistle:

Still have my LPs tho...  cloud9:

I have a do-da that transfers me vinyl LP's to CDs 

Best of all worlds cloud9:

I still have me LP's, a Technics deck, and have transferred the LP's that I couldn't get in CD format into music files using some program or other

And as for do-da's, I learnt t'other day from the Shefield forum that people from Barnsley are called dee-dars

eeek: eeek: You go on the Sheffield Forum?  Have you been banned yet?  I have managed to be banned 5 times. cloud9: They don't like forthright speaking on there I can tell you and if you ask about a mods decision in public you are swiftly removed.  Bunch of tossers.  Still my last ban has now been lifted. angel1

Snoops I think you should have a hug as if you are seeing an Consultant Anaesthetist it would appear that you are going to have an op of some sort. happy100 happy100  When you get back you can come and wither lay in front of the fire or as a special treat get up on the sofa.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14887 on: December 01, 2011, 10:51:02 AM »
Yes ~ you are right .... I go into hosp on Sunday afternoon. Operation on Monday. Expect to be out again Wed/Thur but won't know until Tuesday morning about that.

Now that has been posted please do not start another "Where's Snoopy?" thread 'cos that will really piss me off even more than I am currently pissed off at having to have the operation.

The simple fact is that I cannot get on the www from the hospital. It is a 1960s "Industrial" building so full of steel work etc that getting a wifi signal is damn near impossible. Smart phones? It laughs at them but you can get a basic mobile signal if you creep into the day room on Ward 9 .... assuming it is not full of fat arsed nurses shouting at their husbands, partners, children via their mobile phones.  ::)

Online Nick

« Reply #14888 on: December 01, 2011, 11:36:31 AM »
I think I will away and start a "Where's SNoopy?" thread  angel1
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14889 on: December 01, 2011, 11:45:11 AM »
I think I will away and start a "Where's SNoopy?" thread  angel1

Who? Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14890 on: December 01, 2011, 12:50:58 PM »
Yes ~ you are right .... I go into hosp on Sunday afternoon. Operation on Monday. Expect to be out again Wed/Thur but won't know until Tuesday morning about that.

Now that has been posted please do not start another "Where's Snoopy?" thread 'cos that will really piss me off even more than I am currently pissed off at having to have the operation.

The simple fact is that I cannot get on the www from the hospital. It is a 1960s "Industrial" building so full of steel work etc that getting a wifi signal is damn near impossible. Smart phones? It laughs at them but you can get a basic mobile signal if you creep into the day room on Ward 9 .... assuming it is not full of fat arsed nurses shouting at their husbands, partners, children via their mobile phones.  ::)

happy100

We look forward to having you back all bright and cheery.  ;)
I mostly despair

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #14891 on: December 01, 2011, 06:57:26 PM »
Where's Snoopy? 

Just off to get a new ipod cos they want £80 to replace the battery in the one Ive got... £30 to diagnose and £50 toreplace the battery when they find out its the battery or the charger.  Not my week for technological thingies.   ::)
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14892 on: December 01, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »
Where's Snoopy? 

Just off to get a new ipod cos they want £80 to replace the battery in the one Ive got... £30 to diagnose and £50 toreplace the battery when they find out its the battery or the charger.  Not my week for technological thingies.   ::)

Did you run it over...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #14893 on: December 01, 2011, 07:03:05 PM »
She sat on it after pudding  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #14894 on: December 01, 2011, 07:37:51 PM »
I'm wondering if my phone's going to explode ...  rubschin:  And I don't sit on it, run over it, sleep with it or anyfink

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8927926/Second-iPhone-explodes.html
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"