Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3514477 times)

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #18135 on: April 10, 2012, 05:01:26 PM »
£11.30 for the two drinks. The Peroni was £4.80  eeek:

I don't drink it often...

. . . . and they wonder why pubs are going out of business? Rocket science it's not! For the price of two drinks at the pub, you could have bought a dozen cans of Stella 4 or even Becks Vier at the local Pestcos!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #18136 on: April 10, 2012, 05:08:13 PM »

. . . . and they wonder why pubs are going out of business? Rocket science it's not! For the price of two drinks at the pub, you could have bought a dozen cans of Stella 4 or even Becks Vier at the local Pestcos!

A couple of British guys have opened a bar nearby.........and all drinks are 2 euros (even J Daniels and coke)........the place is packed .......... :thumbsup:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #18137 on: April 10, 2012, 05:13:44 PM »

A couple of British guys have opened a bar nearby.........and all drinks are 2 euros (even J Daniels and coke)........the place is packed .......... :thumbsup:

I rest my case m'lud.

Pestcos original philosophy I believe (though it may have been one of the others):

Pile it high 'n sell it cheap!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #18138 on: April 10, 2012, 05:16:36 PM »

I rest my case m'lud.

Pestcos original philosophy I believe (though it may have been one of the others):

Pile it high 'n sell it cheap!

Zackly.................5 litres of vino 6.50 in shops ( not even trade price) some bars 3 euros a glass ...... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18139 on: April 10, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »

My mate was on about that on Sunday.... Said it was excellent....  Thumbs:

€2 for a glass of coke or €2 for a voddy and coke....?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #18140 on: April 10, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »

Good excuse to drink ....... :thumbsup:.........most expensive meal 3.95.......inc Sunday lunch .. eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18141 on: April 10, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »

Good excuse to drink ....... :thumbsup:.........most expensive meal 3.95.......inc Sunday lunch .. eeek:

Will Miss T have to follow...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #18142 on: April 10, 2012, 06:07:21 PM »
Nah they won't ..........although the beer is 2 euros as well in fact I think Leon is 1.80... rubschin:

if you saw the prices the bars buy their stock , it would shock you especially the spirits , that's why that place can afford the 2 euro drinks .........working on volume ....and so far it is working .......the guy who funded it is a mate of mine .....one of the openings you weren't allowed out for ... whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18143 on: April 10, 2012, 06:10:17 PM »
Nah they won't ..........although the beer is 2 euros as well in fact I think Leon is 1.80... rubschin:

if you saw the prices the bars buy their stock , it would shock you especially the spirits , that's why that place can afford the 2 euro drinks .........working on volume ....and so far it is working .......the guy who funded it is a mate of mine .....one of the openings you weren't allowed out for ... whistle:

evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #18144 on: April 10, 2012, 06:14:37 PM »
There's a pub near me, the Hope - http://hopecarshalton.co.uk/ - owned by a group of customers and a pint of decent ale plus a large Pinot is £6.80. It's doing well and has the additional benefit of few youngsters. Good on 'em  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #18145 on: April 10, 2012, 06:19:48 PM »

evil:

you were however sorely missed.

Offline Nick

« Reply #18146 on: April 10, 2012, 06:22:07 PM »
Melons?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #18147 on: April 10, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »
yes Nick, melons. ::) whatever keeps you happy.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18148 on: April 10, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »

evil:

cloud9:

Next time babes....  ;)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #18149 on: April 10, 2012, 06:27:33 PM »

evil:

Comic value?  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.