Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3526595 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #19770 on: July 02, 2012, 04:54:19 PM »
Miss D. With the axe, In the parlour
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #19771 on: July 02, 2012, 06:45:15 PM »
Not far off.  noooo:

I was fuming last night and didn't sllep at all well. Typically  today had to be the 1st day of starting this shift stuff for the Olympics. In work by 6.30 am , loads and loads and loads of procedural stuff to read through  noooo:, lots of tech stuff not working properly and briefings to constantly give.

I am spent  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #19772 on: July 02, 2012, 06:46:54 PM »
You need some voddy and a bubble bath and a rub down from Pirate  :thumbsup:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #19773 on: July 02, 2012, 06:47:20 PM »
Funny that when things get bad there is always something else waiting to kick you in the teeth.  Big hugs Miss D.
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #19774 on: July 02, 2012, 06:48:49 PM »
I'll be fine Tipsy ...I am one of life's cockroaches .

Just working on a 'strategy' to kick em in the nuts  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #19775 on: July 02, 2012, 06:50:07 PM »
So today I get an email
Dear Mr Snoopy,
Your boiler is due for annual service.
Our engineers are available from Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 4pm.
In order that we may minimise inconvenience to you please would you respond to this email giving three days, between Monday and Friday, when we may call to carry out the service. We will book one of your chosen dates and let you know on which date our engineer will be with you. Please note we are unable to commit to a time but the engineer will ring you half an hour before he arrives.
Yours etc

SO I REPLIED:
"As per your request that I select dates when it would be convenient for your engineer to carry out the annual service on my boiler your engineer may call on either 9th 10th or 12th of July
Regards
Mr Snoopy"

AND THEIR RESPONSE:
Dear Mr Snoopy
 Thank you for your request to book a service.

We have confirmed your boiler service for Wednesday 11th July 2012 before 4pm, with our engineer providing 30 minutes notice prior to arrival.

Your reference number for this appointment is 307562144.

If your appointment becomes inconvenient then please notify us as soon as possible either by emailing service.confirmation@uk.bosch.com or by telephoning us on 0844 892 3000 during our opening hours of 7am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm Saturday and 9am to 12pm Sunday.
Kind regards,
Charlotte Hobbs
Customer Service Team
Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd

Banghead Banghead Banghead
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #19776 on: July 02, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »
Not sure really ...he has cancelled his maintainence payments for The Brat because he feels he has 'done enough' now  noooo: . Oh but the killer, the absolute corker , was that he wanted to voice his parental concern that I was neglecting her and she was spending too much time on her own !  How has he come to this conclusion ......apparently it is what he believes ...what a complete ****** !

My Eldest Daughter had similar with her first husband.... My advice was to send the child to live with him on the grounds that she had brought her up thus far and now it was his turn. The mere threat was enough to ensure reinstatement of maintenance. It certainly worked better than the threats to return to Court/CSA etc. that she had made during the rows over it.
Risky strategy perhaps but it might work. Good luck anyway.

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #19777 on: July 02, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
I'll be fine Tipsy ...I am one of life's cockroaches .

Just working on a 'strategy' to kick em in the nuts  whistle:

No experience in this matter so no advice to give just.. well keep eye contact and he won't see what's coming.  ;D
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #19778 on: July 02, 2012, 07:00:23 PM »
I detect the words of another wummun behind him. That was the case with Eldest Daughter's ex.

But if he thinks, as he claims, that you haven't made a good job of bringing her up then turn the tables and suggest he tries to do better. Put up or shut up is the line to take.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #19779 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »
The thing is she is nearly 16 , he knows there is no way in hell she will stay with him . He rang her on Friday night when I was out at the theatre. He asked madam if I was coming home at all that night  eeek:. Like I don't come home most nights  noooo: noooo: noooo: 

It really does make my blood boil. How the hell he thinks I am accountable to him for what my plans are I really don't know. Much of this stems from me asking him to look after madam whilst I went to Turkey for 6 days. Honestly the amount of aggro from both of them - her because she didn't want to stay with him and him because it was affecting his 'on call' shifts at work. I am soooooooooo sorry for any inconvenience caused. 6 days in a whole frickin year !!

I often dream of 'freedom' in the sense that I can make choices and not consider the needs of any other individual. But I accept my responsibilities and my duties  and know that I don't want to wish my time away with madam as it will all be too soon before she has left home.

What I really crave is not to have to any dealings , discussions or parenting lectures from some bloke who sees her now every 3 weeks or so for a Sunday afternoon , that thinks he has all the answers and that deserves some father of the feckin year award because he has managed to maintain contact with his daughter and has paid some maintenance up to this point. "I am better than most fathers in this situation " he says. Glad that he feels he has "done enough now "

Still seething ...sorry  redface:

Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #19780 on: July 02, 2012, 07:18:49 PM »
 happy100

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #19781 on: July 02, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
No munny = No access and no say in matters. Point that out to him.

Oh! And tell her he no longer cares.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #19782 on: July 03, 2012, 08:56:57 AM »
What Snoops said. It prolly is his other half that is behind it. Certainly was in my case. They wanted a family, your ex's partner was pregnant.  From mine, they could not possibly pay for his first two children as they had a child of their own to bring up.

Take time to cool down, try and put aside the hurt and decide your course of action.  There will be one. Carefully thought out by you, that will give him the biggest kick in the bollocks that he deserves.

Keep The Brat informed. Oh and  happy100 happy100

Today I will mostly be trying to remove dried in pasta and tomato sauce from the carpet and a chair. After that I have to deal with the still wet tomato bits and pair of wet tomatoey  trousers in the shower.  This following Mr C's major incident during the course of supper last night. He has gone out leaving me to deal with the mess.
I then have to deal with one of my plastic clog things that I was wearing in the garden yesterday, that which I thought was soggy grass clipping was in fact a huge slug.  I did not have my trusty Slugpoon to hand. I may be gone a while.evil:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #19783 on: July 03, 2012, 10:07:59 AM »
What Snoops said. It prolly is his other half that is behind it.

Snoopy and Miss C have the right of it. His new woman is driving here.

If you want to send them a DS "Slurry Surprise" I will do it for 20% off under the circumstances. 
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #19784 on: July 03, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »
EU presidency my arse ...............where's my leccy ............. cussing: