Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3518972 times)

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #22650 on: January 17, 2013, 01:50:23 PM »
I am at home ill, like.  cloud9:

I have obviously not washed and dried 2 loads of washing or been to the food palace ahead of the anticipated 20 cm of white stuff expected over night tonight.   angel1

It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #22651 on: January 17, 2013, 02:06:12 PM »
ahhhhh poor luv. sorry to hear you're poorly. I am wire wool scrubbing every individual bar of 6ft parrot cage. apey is shifting furniture to accommodate said cage, at this rate the bird will be living in luxury while we live in the garden.  noooo:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #22652 on: January 17, 2013, 02:07:50 PM »

Meanwhile I am eating 'humble pie'. redface:

That tells us a lot about your browsing history. . . .  whistle:
I mostly despair

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #22653 on: January 17, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »
ahhhhh poor luv. sorry to hear you're poorly. I am wire wool scrubbing every individual bar of 6ft parrot cage. apey is shifting furniture to accommodate said cage, at this rate the bird will be living in luxury while we live in the garden.  noooo:

There is a green budgie here called Skittles, he has a giant cage but I also have a travelling cage for when he comes with me down the motorways.   ;D
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #22654 on: January 17, 2013, 03:43:32 PM »

There is a green budgie here called Skittles, he has a giant cage but I also have a travelling cage for when he comes with me down the motorways.   ;D

I mostly despair

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #22655 on: January 17, 2013, 06:12:39 PM »
Perfick.   cloud9:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #22656 on: January 17, 2013, 09:25:58 PM »
Today and for the next few days I shall be setting out the pages for the next issue of the Village Magazine.
This involves working from lap-top (www connected) to PC (not internet connected) so I have two screens and two keyboards to work on. I keep typing on the PC keyboard when I mean to use the lap top and wondering why nothing appears on the lap top screen.  Banghead

Ah well! Onward and Upward!  tunble:

Snoopy does it Rick Wakeman style  lol:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #22657 on: January 18, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »
Today and for the next few days I shall be setting out the pages for the next issue of the Village Magazine.
This involves working from lap-top (www connected) to PC (not internet connected) so I have two screens and two keyboards to work on. I keep typing on the PC keyboard when I mean to use the lap top and wondering why nothing appears on the lap top screen.  Banghead

Ah well! Onward and Upward!  tunble:

Snoopy does it Rick Wakeman style  lol:

I work in a world something like that. Following on from the major tea meets laptop incident of a month or so ago I now have a laptop on the desk with an extra keyboard. This means that the laptop is no longer conveniently portable. Banghead Banghead

Anyhoo have just returned from a meeting regarding the setting up of a community web site. We have been awarded some funding so can now go ahead with the plans drawn up thus far.

A Facebook page will be up and running by next Tuesday.

Just debating whether to go and clear the drive of snow or write a rather harsh email to Angela Smith and Nick Clegg.

As Snoops said Onwards and Upwards.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #22658 on: January 18, 2013, 12:58:23 PM »
I have a laptop like that ..............Miss T n wine  noooo:.. the most annoying thing was only 2 letters/keys are naffed...but need the external keyboard.....which is a pain ............

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #22659 on: January 18, 2013, 04:30:45 PM »
Home, no delays, no queues, no struggling vehicles, just two lanes of black all the way. I didn't expect that  :thumbsup:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #22660 on: January 19, 2013, 09:39:56 AM »
At home awaiting a telephone call from a Doctor.  evil:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #22661 on: January 19, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
Home, no delays, no queues, no struggling vehicles, just two lanes of black all the way. I didn't expect that  :thumbsup:

So, as is seemingly par for the course now, the whole SEVERE RED ALERT weather warnings have been completely ott and grossly exagerated, causing panic and distress nationwide.

The check out gerl in The Asda last night told me that shelves were virtually stripped bare in anticipation of all this shite on Thursday in response to the virtual DON'T PANIC  scared2: non event of the decade. Banghead

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #22662 on: January 19, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
The red alert was only issued for one little bit of Wales, the media chose to conveniently omit that "minor" detail

Anyway...

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #22663 on: January 19, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »
The red alert was only issued for one little bit of Wales, the media chose to conveniently omit that "minor" detail

Anyway...

Doesn't really matter then ey? lol:

haven't you found all this reporting a tad over the top ey?

For JC's sake, just how TF did we cope back in the 60's when most didn't have c/h, and car heaters were an extra in many cases?
I clearly remember the winter of '62. Now that was PROPER snow that was.
Did the schools close for instance?

Did they bollox.

This cuntry is just a nation of headless chickens squawking and running around in a blind panic.
Lost the plot completely and thouroughly embarrasingly shameful.

They even had a full half hout 'SPECIAL' on bbc n.w on the bad weather last night ffs!  happy001  ::) eeek:

I nearly launched the tv out the window, i tell you!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:05:57 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #22664 on: January 19, 2013, 10:15:24 AM »
In answer to your question, yes, totally over the top. Of all the idiot comments I heard from the media the one that rattled me the most was some reporter referring to the gritters and their drivers being "Road warriors" cussing:  cussing:  cussing:  They're blokes/women doing their jobs ffs

They were itching for us to fail, which is reflected on the BBC main page for England today which reports on the chaos at Heathrow, but strangely nothing about how the roads remained clear  ;)