Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3515246 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #23595 on: March 06, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
Been out shopping .....(voddy)......got home .....went back out to the car it is pissing water out from underneath... cussing:     Mechanic is coming a 9 am .... eeek:

Voddy may not last long ........... noooo:

Well, may have to stop the diet (even though I have lost half a stone!) but need a drink.

I will explain. My work is seasonal, I work my arse off through the summer and save my money for the quiet winter. This winter, every bloody bill has doubled, then car insurance, car tax, new passport, dentist, etc. We are at the end of the financial drought looking forward to working again and replenishing the pockets, then the mechanic turns up and tells us not to pay him to fix the car, just buy a new one.

Sorry to swear, but we are now fucked. No money and no car. Can I skip the diet today and have a driniki?

Angry9: Banghead sad32: sad32: sad32: sad32:

happy100

Welcome to my werld. Still no boiler and car is due in for MOT on Thursday  scared2:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23596 on: March 06, 2013, 12:19:58 PM »
Had a drink.  cloud9:

Now I need a cigarette. Can anyone give me a lift to the shops?

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #23597 on: March 06, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
Oh good grief we all seem to be between a rock and a hard place.  Group hug not much good but it will feel good. :thumbsup:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #23598 on: March 06, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »
Been out shopping .....(voddy)......got home .....went back out to the car it is pissing water out from underneath... cussing:     Mechanic is coming a 9 am .... eeek:

Well, may have to stop the diet (even though I have lost half a stone!) but need a drink.

I will explain. My work is seasonal, I work my arse off through the summer and save my money for the quiet winter. This winter, every bloody bill has doubled, then car insurance, car tax, new passport, dentist, etc. We are at the end of the financial drought looking forward to working again and replenishing the pockets, then the mechanic turns up and tells us not to pay him to fix the car, just buy a new one.

Sorry to swear, but we are now fucked. No money and no car. Can I skip the diet today and have a driniki?

That's a bugger. noooo:

Get Growler to give you a second opinion. These things sometimes aren't as bad as they're made out.

Particularly if it's electrical, mechanics run away in my experience.

No I think it's the head gasket......... evil:

I can't speak for modern cars, but that never used to be such a big job.

Get Bucket Bonce to bring his toolbox over and do something useful.
I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23599 on: March 06, 2013, 02:19:43 PM »

You should've come down the Ocean Basket!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23600 on: March 06, 2013, 02:20:20 PM »

That's a bugger. noooo:

Get Growler to give you a second opinion. These things sometimes aren't as bad as they're made out.

Particularly if it's electrical, mechanics run away in my experience.

No I think it's the head gasket......... evil:

I can't speak for modern cars, but that never used to be such a big job.

Get Bucket Bonce to bring his toolbox over and do something useful.

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #23601 on: March 06, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
Tea and cake on Cow TV  cloud9:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23602 on: March 06, 2013, 06:24:22 PM »

you didn't invite me, wankoid.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23603 on: March 06, 2013, 07:01:13 PM »

you didn't invite me, wankoid.

You know you didn't need an invite spazmong....  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23604 on: March 07, 2013, 01:00:53 PM »
Gonna walk the dogs (NAE) before it rains like....  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #23605 on: March 07, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
Chatham. Wot a shite hole.

Finally found a cash point and am now holed-up in "The Ship Tavern". I am the only customer. Guinness pretty good and £3.60 a pint. Natives all "hoodies".

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23606 on: March 07, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »

Finally found a cash point and am now holed-up in "The Ship Tavern". I am the only customer. Guinness pretty good and £3.60 a pint. Natives all "hoodies".

New phone...? Popcorn:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #23607 on: March 07, 2013, 02:25:03 PM »

New phone...? Popcorn:

My new phone is waiting for me when I get home. There is no "real ale" in this pub - just lagers, cider and Guinness. Heathens.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23608 on: March 07, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »

Gillingham's worse
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #23609 on: March 07, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »
It appears I'm actually in Rochester - the 2 minute walk to the pub took me out of Chatham. The landlord is a 26 year old Polish vegetarian. I'm not making this shit up. When I asked him what Chatham was like he growled "Chatham is OVER THERE. Rochester is far nicer".

I told him there are lots of Polish working at Gatwick and most were lazy. He seems to have taken offence at that. Good Guinness, mind.