Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3514893 times)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #23685 on: March 12, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
Horsepickle, blood test, no sooner in the place, took the waiting ticket and an instant "#732 to Bay 4, please"  eeek:

Just a little prick *snigger* and away ... all this cos the Dentist thinks I might be deficient in the vitamin department  ::)
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #23686 on: March 12, 2013, 06:46:18 PM »
Horsepickle, blood test, no sooner in the place, took the waiting ticket and an instant "#732 to Bay 4, please"  eeek:

Just a little vitamin *snigger* and away ... all this cos the Dentist thinks I might be deficient in the prick department  ::)

eeek: eeek: eeek: noooo:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23687 on: March 13, 2013, 07:58:08 AM »
Today I shall be driving all the way to the Zoo, paying gawd knows what to get in, dragging around the aforementioned Zoo with a child that has no interest in the animals, buying an expensive lunch in the aforementioned zoo that the aforementioned child will not eat and then driving all the way home again... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #23688 on: March 13, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »
Today I shall be driving all the way to the Zoo, paying gawd knows what to get in, dragging around the aforementioned Zoo with a child that has no interest in the animals, buying an expensive lunch in the aforementioned zoo that the aforementioned child will not eat and then driving all the way home again... ::)

Don't forget your wallet.  noooo:

I get my eldest nipper to gabble away in Greek, we take a utility bill to show them you live here, she always manages to get a 50% discount on the entrance fee.  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23689 on: March 13, 2013, 08:09:27 AM »

I get my eldest nipper to gabble away in Greek, we take a utility bill to show them you live here, she always manages to get a 50% discount on the entrance fee.  Thumbs:

I've just been asked how far it is - christus, we haven't even loaded the car yet... ::)

I replied (with barely a hint of sarcasm) that "it is the same fucking distance as when we went to the same fucking zoo for the same fucking pointless exercise last June" angel1
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #23690 on: March 13, 2013, 08:13:53 AM »
Hospital tests this morning at the UCL Institute of Nuclear Medicine ( eeek:)

CT scans to have a look at the old ticker like.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #23691 on: March 13, 2013, 08:14:33 AM »

I've just been asked how far it is - christus, we haven't even loaded the car yet... ::)

I replied (with barely a hint of sarcasm) that "it is the same fucking distance as when we went to the same fucking zoo for the same fucking pointless exercise last June" angel1

Sounds like a fun day already.  Thumbs:

Take them to LooneyLand instead......just at the end of the highway in Paphos. There is a big play area for the kids where they are looked after by some very nice creatures.  eyes: The parents can just go and sit in the bar and watch them. It is very good.  :thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23692 on: March 13, 2013, 08:17:23 AM »

Take them to LooneyLand instead......just at the end of the highway in Paphos. There is a big play area for the kids where they are looked after by some very nice creatures.  eyes: The parents can just go and sit in the bar and watch them. It is very good.  :thumbsup:

No... they have decided it is the zoo...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23693 on: March 13, 2013, 08:19:09 AM »

Just a little prick *snigger* and away ... all this cos the Dentist thinks I might be deficient in the vitamin department  ::)

Why the hell do you have to go to 'ossy for a blood test is what's puzzlin' me tbqh? confused:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #23694 on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:11 AM »

No... they have decided it is the zoo...  noooo:

noooo: noooo: We should start a new BM is pissed off & broke thread.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #23695 on: March 13, 2013, 09:00:35 AM »

Why the hell do you have to go to 'ossy for a blood test is what's puzzlin' me tbqh? confused:

So where do you go ..... the Butcher's shop?

If a Hospital Consultant requires a blood test he cannot ask your GP to carry it out ~ that is why hospitals have whole departments full of Phlebotomists who take the blood from both in and out patients. The hospital also has the pathology laboratories where they actually test the blood whether it is gathered by their own phlebotomists or local GP surgeries.
Personally I always have to go the the hospital as the nurses at my GP's cannot actually find the veins in my arms to enable them to take blood.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #23696 on: March 13, 2013, 09:07:47 AM »
Wot he said  ^^^

The result is delivered much quicker if I go there rather than have the local nurse proggle about, pack up the sample, send it off and wait for its return.
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23697 on: March 13, 2013, 09:12:40 AM »

So where do you go ..... the Butcher's shop?

If a Hospital Consultant requires a blood test he cannot ask your GP to carry it out ~ that is why hospitals have whole departments full of Phlebotomists who take the blood from both in and out patients. The hospital also has the pathology laboratories where they actually test the blood whether it is gathered by their own phlebotomists or local GP surgeries.
Personally I always have to go the the hospital as the nurses at my GP's cannot actually find the veins in my arms to enable them to take blood.

WOW! OK. No need for the sarcasm. I was only asking.
What is this from many in here this last few days ::)?
I hate GROWLER week? Banghead

I only asked 'cus I've never been asked to go to a hossy for a blood test, unless I was already in there, and with Pastis being asked by his dentist for a blood test I just though it was a bit unusual, that's all. Shrugs:

i stand corrected, and apologise for my obvious ignorance on these bloody matters.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 09:15:34 AM by GROWLER »

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23698 on: March 13, 2013, 09:29:44 AM »
I've had the bloods done at GP, clinic and hospital. Don't mind that at all.

Being stuck in the stomach with a needle full of blood thinning stuff 3 times a day is not funny though.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #23699 on: March 13, 2013, 10:08:47 AM »
I've had the bloods done at GP, clinic and hospital. Don't mind that at all.

Being stuck in the stomach with a needle full of blood thinning stuff 3 times a day is not funny though.

I hate that too but I am used to sticking needles in the stomach as that is where I have to inject insulin after every meal.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.