Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3514877 times)

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #23700 on: March 13, 2013, 10:26:22 AM »
With me blood thinned out so much, the bruising looked like a tank had run over me, very multi-coloured.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #23701 on: March 13, 2013, 10:29:28 AM »
With me blood thinned out so much, the bruising looked like a tank had run over me, very multi-coloured.

Yep and then there is no unbruised area to stick the insulin needles.  noooo:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23702 on: March 13, 2013, 10:43:45 AM »
Today I shall be driving all the way to the Zoo, paying gawd knows what to get in, dragging around the aforementioned Zoo with a child that has no interest in the animals, buying an expensive lunch in the aforementioned zoo that the aforementioned child will not eat and then driving all the way home again... ::)
That's silly, all kids hate Zoos after they've seen the 2 or 3 animals that make you laugh or scare the poo out of them, so do most adults. 

Couldn't you just have dressed up in a tiger outfit for 5 minutes to take 2 photos to convince others and then go for the happy meal or pizza they (and you) really wanted?

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23703 on: March 13, 2013, 10:58:13 AM »
Today I shall be driving all the way to the Zoo, paying gawd knows what to get in, dragging around the aforementioned Zoo with a child that has no interest in the animals, buying an expensive lunch in the aforementioned zoo that the aforementioned child will not eat and then driving all the way home again... ::)
That's silly, all kids hate Zoos after they've seen the 2 or 3 animals that make you laugh or scare the poo out of them, so do most adults. 

Couldn't you just have dressed up in a tiger outfit for 5 minutes to take 2 photos to convince others and then go for the happy meal or pizza they (and you) really wanted?

Ah Steve my boy ..... you miss the clues ..... This "Treat" has been decreed by LL and Daughter to entertain the grandchild. Silliness doesn't enter their thinking. The Zoo is somewhere that Grandpa BM (Poo-Poo) can be trusted not to get sh*t-faced due to the lack of alcohol/his usual cronies. It is also in keeping with "Tradition" ~ something that the female of the species sets great store by ~ As it is also traditional to arrive from the UK winter and head to the beach and get burnt by the sun/sea/wind on your first day despite warnings from their host, so it is traditional that towards the end of the holiday they get taken to the Zoo. That this seemingly boring and silly ritual is religiously adhered to by the females involved making it a "Tradition" is explained by the fact that it has been established in their tiny minds as the "Right Thing" to do. Nothing other than the closure of the zoo will now change it and should the zoo close then they will sit around talking about how wonderful it was, comparing photos of it and generally bitching that it has now gone.
I bring you this little insight into the werld of BM gleaned from several years of watching and wincing at his fruitless attempts to avoid the annual rituals.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23704 on: March 13, 2013, 11:06:43 AM »
Ah   lol: lol: lol:

I am (thankfully) very unknowing in the ways of all things offspring.  Years ago I got this great line from a guy in the RAF "can't stand kids, had enough of them when I was at school" and I realised I wasn't alone. 

So in BM's position there would be a danger I'd toss them over the fence into a suitable enclosure (hopefully not tigers but then thinking bout it . . . .) nip off to real pub returning only to pick up what's left of aforesaid kids from the only Zoo visit they will ever find interesting.

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23705 on: March 13, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
Despite having sired 5 (admitted) children I tend to agree ~ There is little about children that is likable.
I love my own but nothing in the deal said I had to actually like them.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #23706 on: March 13, 2013, 11:46:18 AM »
There is nothing unfamiliar in the last few posts.

It is just life...
I mostly despair

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #23707 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:30 PM »
Up at early o'clock to take car for service and MOT  scared2: scared2: scared2:

Now in local library while I await verdict. Only desk adjacent to a plug is upstairs where I am sharing the room with successive shifts of the mother and toddler group. It's Sing Song Day  Banghead

Wheels on the Bus  Banghead
Old Macdonald and many more.  cussing:
Repeatedly  Angry9: Angry9:

And the Mummies all look like heffalumps  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #23708 on: March 13, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »
Up at early o'clock to take car for service and MOT  scared2: scared2: scared2:

Now in local library while I await verdict. Only desk adjacent to a plug is upstairs where I am sharing the room with successive shifts of the mother and toddler group. It's Sing Song Day  Banghead

Wheels on the Bus  Banghead
Old Macdonald and many more.  cussing:
Repeatedly  Angry9: Angry9:

And the Mummies all look like heffalumps  noooo:

It all that Macdonalds......... whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23709 on: March 13, 2013, 02:39:22 PM »

Ah Steve my boy ..... you miss the clues ..... This "Treat" has been decreed by LL and Daughter to entertain the grandchild. Silliness doesn't enter their thinking. The Zoo is somewhere that Grandpa BM (Poo-Poo) can be trusted not to get sh*t-faced due to the lack of alcohol/his usual cronies. It is also in keeping with "Tradition" ~ something that the female of the species sets great store by ~ As it is also traditional to arrive from the UK winter and head to the beach and get burnt by the sun/sea/wind on your first day despite warnings from their host, so it is traditional that towards the end of the holiday they get taken to the Zoo. That this seemingly boring and silly ritual is religiously adhered to by the females involved making it a "Tradition" is explained by the fact that it has been established in their tiny minds as the "Right Thing" to do. Nothing other than the closure of the zoo will now change it and should the zoo close then they will sit around talking about how wonderful it was, comparing photos of it and generally bitching that it has now gone.
I bring you this little insight into the werld of BM gleaned from several years of watching and wincing at his fruitless attempts to avoid the annual rituals.

Mr. Hammer? meet Mr. nail....

It was as I foretold... ::)

I am now back in front of my 'puter...

The family, having slept all the way home are now full of beanz again... noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23710 on: March 13, 2013, 03:35:44 PM »

happy100 poor luv.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23711 on: March 13, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »

happy100 poor luv.

thanks...  sad24:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23712 on: March 13, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »

happy100 poor luv.

thanks...  sad24:

Are you hidinig in the basement now?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23713 on: March 13, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »

happy100 poor luv.

thanks...  sad24:

Are you hidinig in the basement now?

Yes...  redface:

Mary Poppins is on for the 6,597,284th time!  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23714 on: March 13, 2013, 03:57:54 PM »
They want to go shoe shopping tomorrow and then for breakfast at The Welcome Inn... ::)

...I'm considering gouging my eyes out with a rusty screwdriver and boiling them in sulphuric acid before emptying the pot into my eye sockets  to get out of it....  rubschin:

Shoe shopping FFS!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: