Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3514636 times)

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #23760 on: March 14, 2013, 09:37:02 AM »
Common sense has prevailed (after tears ::))...

The kidz have gone to the beach to get sunburnt and Grumpy PooPoo gets to stay here....  cloud9:

And my Raspberry Pi has just arrived...  Thumbs:

All in all great news  :thumbsup:

Let me know about the Raspberry ~ Costs of extras etc and source would be most helpful.

Will do...

I have a memory card, PSU, keyboard, and display etc. kicking around here so no costs...

I'm just downloading the software (which is free)...

So far so good - you may have to pay for CODECS, but I'll see when I try and get it to do something...

Basically, cheap as chips! You can be up and running for under £40 Snoops.  :thumbsup:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23761 on: March 14, 2013, 10:14:59 AM »
Common sense has prevailed (after tears ::))...

The kidz have gone to the beach to get sunburnt and Grumpy PooPoo gets to stay here....  cloud9:

And my Raspberry Pi has just arrived...  Thumbs:

Get on with 'MeMi' Banghead

Just discovered that I haven't got the eight bastard Nylock nuts I need to put the doors on!  Banghead

All the hundreds of freaking parts I've ordered, cleaned, painted, refurbished, etc. and I'll fallen at the last hurdle...  noooo:

Now ordered via ebay...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23762 on: March 14, 2013, 10:23:40 AM »
Hard to know what to say Miss C. I think it was Growler who said it the other day, "they're always your babies" Heartfelt sympathies  happy100

Indeed they are JOM, and that's NOT being wussy or over protective  eiither in case some of the 'ard knocks (probably childless) of the forum think it is. noooo:

Miss C. I can almost feel your pain, believe me.
As a parent, you do actually put yourself in other parents shoes to share the pain sometimes, and this is one of those occasions.

Obviously I don't know what's gone on before as its a private matter, but that doesn't / wouldn't make things any easier anyway tbh.

Can your son come and live down there with you perhaps? rubschin:
Possibly misunderstood you, but does he actually live in Aviemore then?

Whatever, I'm absolutely 110% sure that his lovely Mum absolutely adores  him 110% or more, and that must surely be of some  great comfort for him.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23763 on: March 14, 2013, 10:36:06 AM »
Cow TV. It has heating  cloud9:
yesterday you couldn't post on the train  ::)

Have you stolen a Not Dim Phone from one of the Shorn Ladies then?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23764 on: March 14, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
Cow TV. It has heating  cloud9:
yesterday you couldn't post on the train  ::)

Have you stolen a Not Dim Phone from one of the Shorn Ladies then?

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #23765 on: March 14, 2013, 12:10:31 PM »
happy100 happy100 happy100

Does not your son have alternatives?

Thank you chaps and chapesses. 

The alternatives are very limited.  He works full time ( 34 hrs) for Tesco but is paid their minimum wage which is just over £7.00 there is very little work in Aviemore and most of the work that there is is seasonal.

He wrote his car off in an early morning blizzard a few weeks ago and is still waiting for the cheque.  Until he has that he is totally reliant on his legs and public transport, which up there is minimal.

Up until 2 weeks ago he was having access to his children every other weekend and during the holidays. Completely and utterly out of the blue his partner (not the mother of his children) who has children of her own said she no longer loved him and wanted him out. This the day after he had sold some personal items of his on EBAY to cover the rent.

He could come and live here and he knows that, we talked it over.  If he lived here he would stand a better chance of getting a decent paying job or he could transfer to a local Tesco, he could draw breath and recover from the shock of the break up of what he thought was a stable relationship but he wants to be with his children and I have great pride in him for that because when he, (my son) was 2 his father pissed off up to Jockland to evade paying maintenance for his 2 children. This meant that he also cut off contact I was living in London.

Things will get better for him and he has an action plan in place.  He will soon have a car.  He wants to live in Inverness.  More jobs, more money more housing stock. He will get there.

On a lighter and brighter note I have just hoovered the ceiling and where is Miss D?  I know I haven't been around much but she doesn't seem to have been around much either.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #23766 on: March 14, 2013, 12:15:44 PM »
By 'eck Miss C   happy100   Virtual bottle of PG winging its way over to you even as I type   happy100
Do not drink while hoovering ceilings   ;)
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #23767 on: March 14, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »
I am here Miss C ...fear not.

Work is incredibly busy . This really is not acceptable for local government but it is end of year budget nonsense time and staff appraisal time too. All in all I am a bit snowed under  sad24:

Also lots of stuff going on with the man and he has started discussions about how 'we ' move forward   scared2:

The Brat is completely stressed out due to exam prep and is being a complete and utter beeatch from hell.

happy100

Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23768 on: March 14, 2013, 12:38:11 PM »
By 'eck Miss C   happy100   Virtual bottle of PG winging its way over to you even as I type  . . .
Make that two bottles for Miss C.  Postieman has just brought me news that ERNIE has awarded me £25 from the Premium Bonds so seems the least I can do is share a little of it in a good cause.

(I'm assuming here that PG is Pinot and not that tea those erksome chimps used to drink)
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #23769 on: March 14, 2013, 12:41:26 PM »
Correctamundo ... Pinot Grigio   :thumbsup:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #23770 on: March 14, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »

The alternatives are very limited.  He works full time ( 34 hrs) for Tesco but is paid their minimum wage which is just over £7.00 there is very little work in Aviemore and most of the work that there is is seasonal.

He wrote his car off in an early morning blizzard a few weeks ago and is still waiting for the cheque.  Until he has that he is totally reliant on his legs and public transport, which up there is minimal.

Up until 2 weeks ago he was having access to his children every other weekend and during the holidays. Completely and utterly out of the blue his partner (not the mother of his children) who has children of her own said she no longer loved him and wanted him out. This the day after he had sold some personal items of his on EBAY to cover the rent.

He could come and live here and he knows that, we talked it over.  If he lived here he would stand a better chance of getting a decent paying job or he could transfer to a local Tesco, he could draw breath and recover from the shock of the break up of what he thought was a stable relationship but he wants to be with his children and I have great pride in him for that because when he, (my son) was 2 his father pissed off up to Jockland to evade paying maintenance for his 2 children. This meant that he also cut off contact I was living in London.

Things will get better for him and he has an action plan in place.  He will soon have a car.  He wants to live in Inverness.  More jobs, more money more housing stock. He will get there.

On a lighter and brighter note I have just hoovered the ceiling and where is Miss D?  I know I haven't been around much but she doesn't seem to have been around much either.

Well meaning BIG BEAR 'ug from me Miss C. happy100

You know you can speak to me anytime, even if it's just to let off pent up steam. ;)

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #23771 on: March 14, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »

What a good lad trying to do his best.. You are right to be proud of him. It is also a reflection of the way you brought him up and the values you instilled in him... Thumbs:

You hoover your ceiling. Please can you come round here.. rubschin:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #23772 on: March 14, 2013, 01:16:15 PM »

If the "Partner" wants him out there is not much he can do about it. She says she doesn't love him anymore ~ she prolly never did.
If the children that live with her are hers and not his then he has no rights to see them.
Given these facts he is better off to move on quickly ~ it is devastating but not the end of the world and she will NEVER change her mind.
As for access to his own children ~ that right still exists but the problem seems to me to be that he now has nowhere to take them when he sees them.
I used McDonalds, zoos, castles, country houses, cinemas etc when I was in that situation. Picked 'em up on the Sat morning, returned them to ex-wife in the evening, slept in car and went back for them on Sunday morning, returning them on Sunday evening. My two were as pissed off with it as I was but we stuck it out. me for their sakes and them for mine.... Eventually it all sorted out and they came to live with me and Woodstock.
You have done all you can for now. You have helped him pick up the pieces and now you can only stand by to do it again if necessary.
Golden Rule ~ Do not blame yourself and DO NOT blame anyone else (like ex-partner) in front of him. Just be there when needed.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #23773 on: March 14, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »

Dire  noooo:

You and he both have my sympathies. I hope it gets sorted soon.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23774 on: March 14, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »
Big hugs to Miss C & Miss D *hugs*
Pro Skub  Thumbs: