Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3506433 times)

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #26520 on: June 21, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »
. . .What is wrong with these people .... noooo: They pay all that money to have a beautiful wedding on a beautiful island and then do that beggers belief... confused:

Says it all doesn't it.  Their focus seemingly is all on image over substance, today's fun do over lasting benefit.  They ought to focus on having a beautiful marriage. 

Sorry Misty that's ^ hardly an advert for your business plan.

You are right Steve. However, with so many people with no work, having to go back to UK, as long as my business is thriving I can't really complain. Assholes or not, I still get paid.

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #26521 on: June 21, 2013, 02:13:41 PM »
Right, the time has come. Wish me luck guys. I will let you know how it went when/if I make it home.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #26522 on: June 21, 2013, 02:18:17 PM »
Not and advert, but when me and Mrs Nick got married (6 weeks notice) we went out and bought suits (together), booked a hotel (lunch for 30 please, didn't mention wedding), I got a cake from my aunty and had it shaped into a Routemaster bus.

Total cost: £1000 (1994)

Party at my boat club for 200 (bring fireworks). Made bonfire and did BBQ

£300

Good time had by all

Oh, and a filthy weekend away here

http://adnams.co.uk/hotels/the-swan/

Happy days

Job done!

Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #26523 on: June 21, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
. . .What is wrong with these people .... noooo: They pay all that money to have a beautiful wedding on a beautiful island and then do that beggers belief... confused:

Says it all doesn't it.  Their focus seemingly is all on image over substance, today's fun do over lasting benefit.  They ought to focus on having a beautiful marriage. 

Sorry Misty that's ^ hardly an advert for your business plan.

You are right Steve. However, with so many people with no work, having to go back to UK, as long as my business is thriving I can't really complain. Assholes or not, I still get paid.
:thumbsup:

and to your other post too,

The big advantage of a wedding abroad used to be that so few rellies and friends went.  Now loads go along and they still have a piss up in the UK on their return.

We got married for peanuts, - all that could be afforded.  Bridesmaid wore the best dress she already had etc and it were right brilliant.  Am going to a wedding soon where there are going to be 6 bridesmaids in colour co-ordinated made for the event dresses - and the groom wants to do the disco himself so all eyes will be on him  ::).

Hope it goes well Misty

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #26524 on: June 21, 2013, 05:14:10 PM »
Gordon Bennett, good luck Miss T hope it all goes well and if it doesn't that you stay safe and get home early. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Boogs and Steve and Nick. eeek: Weddings are a complete farce these days.  Couples and their families (presumably) spend thousands of pounds on a wedding.  I have been flabbergasted at the cost of some of the 'must have' things. It is horrendous to witness.

My eldest daughter and her partner are going somewhere very quiet with her best friend and his best mate and getting married in a registry office.  They will then come back, tell people, close family will have a celebration meal out or a gathering at someone's house, when I say 'someone' I do mean a relly we are not intending on taking over a strangers house although that does have it's merits thinking about it. rubschin:

Then the young things can celebrate how they want.

Daughter and partner would much rather spend their money on a house.  Damned sensible that girl of mine. :thumbsup:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #26525 on: June 21, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »
Hooray and hurrah for Miss C's daughter and partner and their life together

A beacon of common sense in all the lunacy

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #26526 on: June 21, 2013, 06:31:12 PM »
Gordon Bennett, good luck Miss T hope it all goes well and if it doesn't that you stay safe and get home early. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Boogs and Steve and Nick. eeek: Weddings are a complete farce these days.  Couples and their families (presumably) spend thousands of pounds on a wedding.  I have been flabbergasted at the cost of some of the 'must have' things. It is horrendous to witness.

My eldest daughter and her partner are going somewhere very quiet with her best friend and his best mate and getting married in a registry office.  They will then come back, tell people, close family will have a celebration meal out or a gathering at someone's house, when I say 'someone' I do mean a relly we are not intending on taking over a strangers house although that does have it's merits thinking about it. rubschin:

Then the young things can celebrate how they want.

Daughter and partner would much rather spend their money on a house.  Damned sensible that girl of mine. :thumbsup:

She is a very sensible girl a reflection on  her mum I suspect... eeek:

My youngest daughter did a similar thing registry office two witnesses plus his parents and Mr B and myself.  Lunch afterwards.. Cake made by family friend.. It was lovely.....Cost about £150 total..

My eldest had the works it cost them about £7k and half the people invited did not even bother to turn up (His side I might add) I made the bride and bridesmaids dresses cost me £130 It was a disaster really , sadly.

Mine £55 registry office 14 friends and close family meal at local hotel , cake made by family friend, dresses, veil, flowers made by me approx. £50 the lot. Plus months of sewing and hand sewing beads on.... ::)
Food about £200. Good day had by all.

A couple of years ago my friend did wedding photography and I helped her and we attended some lovely weddings but on the other hand some were awful one thing they had in common was the extortionate costs...

In my experience over the years the more they spent on the wedding the shorter the marriage last.. That is a generalisation ofcourse .. I see a lot of these couples around and the percentage of the ones separated is staggering... 

You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #26527 on: June 21, 2013, 06:39:34 PM »
^    :thumbsup:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #26528 on: June 21, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
Just pushed a Flybe Dash 8 - it should have gone 3 hours ago. Off home to cold beer soon ;D

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #26529 on: June 21, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »
Just pushed a Flybe Dash 8 - it should have gone 3 hours ago. Off home to cold beer soon ;D

Go home put you feet up TMR sounds like you deserve that beer... :thumbsup:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #26530 on: June 21, 2013, 10:45:07 PM »
I'm home!!!!

found out the real story. you wont believe it!!!

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #26531 on: June 21, 2013, 11:06:43 PM »
I'm home!!!!

Oh yes we will if you say it's true, please tell all

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #26532 on: June 21, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »
I'm home!!!!

Oh yes we will if you say it's true, please tell all

Please we have been waiting... ;D

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #26533 on: June 21, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
well.....groom's parents and sister hate the bride........the groom's mum kicked the bride in the face 2 nights ago, saying, "I will mark your face for your wedding day!"..........and she did. The poor bride had a black eye and swollen cheek...needless to say the parents never came to the wedding. or the sister, and everyone spent the night crying.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #26534 on: June 21, 2013, 11:33:27 PM »

Go home put you feet up TMR sounds like you deserve that beer... :thumbsup:

Indeed. We were raped for 13 hours today  noooo:  3 cold beers, bed, then up at 7.30 for a bit of brekkie and then go and get raped for another 13 hours  noooo:

Then 3 days off  :thumbsup: