Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3513887 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #27705 on: July 30, 2013, 05:32:47 AM »
I will get the official conversion rate to double decker buses and report back.

Over.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #27706 on: July 30, 2013, 09:44:39 AM »
Dunno yet but you know that you have balanced things right for five years or so when your stepson ( for want of a better word) talks to you about some concerns about skin cancer as he has moles on his willy.

He is a lovely young man and his mum died about 7 years ago when he was in his late teens.  He was doing a gap year in Canada, his mum didn't want him to know how ill she was.  As a consequence of that at (19/20 years old) he flew into Heathrow to be put in a quiet room where his dad (widowed about 10 hrs before) welcomed him home with the news that his mum had died.

Bah humbug.  I would never have met these two very important men in my life had a rather lovely and good woman died.

I am off to count my blessings.  I am so proud of this young man.

Serious mode off.

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #27707 on: July 30, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »
Blandford Forum

Is that the size of a football pitch...?  rubschin:

No, it's an on-line discussion site for Blandford lovers . . .    whistle:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27708 on: July 30, 2013, 09:51:41 AM »
Dunno yet but you know that you have balanced things right for five years or so when your stepson ( for want of a better word) talks to you about some concerns about skin cancer as he has moles on his willy.

He is a lovely young man and his mum died about 7 years ago when he was in his late teens.  He was doing a gap year in Canada, his mum didn't want him to know how ill she was.  As a consequence of that at (19/20 years old) he flew into Heathrow to be put in a quiet room where his dad (widowed about 10 hrs before) welcomed him home with the news that his mum had died.

Bah humbug.  I would never have met these two very important men in my life had a rather lovely and good woman died.

Serious mode off.

Where is that 'humble' emoticon when you need it....?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #27709 on: July 30, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »

Serious mode off.

:thumbsup:  I'm sure that they are very proud to have you in their lives too x
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27710 on: July 30, 2013, 11:08:28 AM »

Serious mode off.

Wot he said^^^

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #27711 on: July 30, 2013, 11:35:02 AM »

Serious mode off.

Wot he said^^^
Wot they both said ^^^.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27712 on: July 30, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »
Off up in to the hills later ........for work. evil:   impossible to plan anything this year .....got a booking just now for tomorrow.... eeek:  but fingers crossed it's picking up again ....July was shite.....

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #27713 on: July 30, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
Off up in to the hills later ........for work. evil:   impossible to plan anything this year .....got a booking just now for tomorrow.... eeek:  but fingers crossed it's picking up again ....July was shite.....

Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27714 on: July 30, 2013, 12:11:04 PM »

Thumbs:

Having to take on Limassol now ...... noooo:   

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #27715 on: July 30, 2013, 12:27:10 PM »
I just can't take Limassol seriously.  Too much like plimsolls for my liking.  Just a little foible of mine.  Oh and thank you chaps for your kind words. They mean a lot. cloud9:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #27716 on: July 30, 2013, 02:50:47 PM »
Drinking Young's :)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27717 on: July 30, 2013, 02:53:51 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #27718 on: July 30, 2013, 03:26:12 PM »
 happy001 happy001 happy001 funniest thing ever! at a wedding now listening to the speeches, groom just said...not my bride is beautiful, i love her or anything like that, no, he said"this is the best holiday ive ever had" fuck me, i think she may kill him.

Offline Nick

« Reply #27719 on: July 30, 2013, 03:29:12 PM »
BBQ, collapso and strawberries in deepest Dorset. (hic)
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile