Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3518607 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #28845 on: September 07, 2013, 09:10:37 AM »
Right then, Paris it is...........
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #28846 on: September 07, 2013, 10:00:29 AM »
Right then, Paris it is...........

Tough life ....

Some of us have to go to werk  evil: evil:

Oh BTW got told yesterday I have got my own bluddy job ...  Shrugs:   Same as now with lots of other redundant jobs added  ::) oh and no more munny...  noooo:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #28847 on: September 07, 2013, 10:22:18 AM »
. . .Oh BTW got told yesterday I have got my own bluddy job ...  Shrugs:   Same as now with lots of other redundant jobs added  ::) oh and no more munny...  noooo:
That's got to be good news of a sort though Boogs, at least it gives you more choices and time.  You won't have been on their 'keep' list if you weren't good at your job.

So  :thumbsup: 
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #28848 on: September 07, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »
. . .Oh BTW got told yesterday I have got my own bluddy job ...  Shrugs:   Same as now with lots of other redundant jobs added  ::) oh and no more munny...  noooo:
That's got to be good news of a sort though Boogs, at least it gives you more choices and time.  You won't have been on their 'keep' list if you weren't good at your job.

Agree Boogs - they must definitely think you are a 'keeper'
Well done  8)

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #28849 on: September 07, 2013, 01:01:19 PM »

Not true!

SWLTTSMBO works at a local college. They have just made redundant the most useful body in her area.

Why?

Because they did it on a "points" system - points for qualification x, points for a degree, bonus points if it's "Piled Higher 'n deeper" - and the individual in question had not enough points.

The fact that she was clearly the best at her role never came into it . . . .

Idiots!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #28850 on: September 07, 2013, 01:11:05 PM »

Not true!

SWLTTSMBO works at a local college. They have just made redundant the most useful body in her area.

Why?

Because they did it on a "points" system - points for qualification x, points for a degree, bonus points if it's "Piled Higher 'n deeper" - and the individual in question had not enough points.

Idiots!

Then 'they' sound like they are idiots BUT the other 'they' must have seen something special to keep in Boogs otherwise she'd have got her red card too - just trying to keep her spirit level up Marley  ;D

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #28851 on: September 07, 2013, 01:32:34 PM »

Not true!

Why?

Idiots!
Sorry to hear that MG

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #28852 on: September 07, 2013, 02:24:19 PM »

Not true!

Why?

Idiots!
Sorry to hear that MG

'Tweren't SWWLTTSMBO wot got shit-canned, 'twere a colleague that she now has to find someone to do the work of . . .

And they're in charge of educating the next generation!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #28853 on: September 07, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »
Drinking Young's,  eating very fine free food (leftovers from an earlier party).

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #28854 on: September 07, 2013, 03:46:54 PM »
. . .'Tweren't SWWLTTSMBO wot got shit-canned, 'twere a colleague that she now has to find someone to do the work of . . .

And they're in charge of educating the next generation!
Good, sort of and  Banghead

I've seen redundancy programmes too many times, picked too many names, even been made redundant myself and I've never seen one go well and have seen some stupid cock-ups.  As an HR lead once said to me "you never want to get good through practice"  And then he went in the same cycle.

About the only constants I've seen are that if your face really fits someone will usually make sure you are safe and if your face doesn't then someone will definitely make sure you go.

Someone pour Boogs a drink on my slate to celebrate her surviving

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #28855 on: September 07, 2013, 03:49:45 PM »
Drinking Young's,  eating very fine free food (leftovers from an earlier party).

Thumbs: Thumbs:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #28856 on: September 07, 2013, 04:43:13 PM »
Totty watching with a glass of wine outside a cafe in St Germain  cloud9:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #28857 on: September 07, 2013, 05:18:03 PM »

Thumbs:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #28858 on: September 07, 2013, 05:44:34 PM »

cloud9:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #28859 on: September 07, 2013, 10:46:49 PM »

cloud9:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .