Author Topic: The all new "Where are you today?" thread  (Read 3519897 times)

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
Re: The all new "Where are you today?" thread
« Reply #29130 on: September 19, 2013, 05:51:12 PM »
The power in my place tripped the other day when I was out.
I came back home to find the bloke next door going up and down from the roof with his laptop. I initially went inside my place to find that I had no leccy...he was out on the landing huffing & puffing about no internet. After I went downstairs to sort the trip switch out he was happily back in his place on his puter.

That got me thinking that he might have hacked into my internet.

This avro I went to the pub and turned off my router. I came back to him huffing and puffing again.  noooo:
"Do you have internet?" he barks
"Yep  Thumbs:"
"Is it a strong signal?"
"Yep"  ;)
"Well mine is down and the man who provided my package will not answer his phone!!" he shouts

I presume his provider is 'borrowing' my internet.  evil:

Anyways I have not yet told him that he seems to be on my system. He likes to play online games, so every now and again I just turn the router off and ruin whatever game he is playing......he then gets on the telephone to shout at his tv/internet provider that the package is shite.
I will let him carry on for a day or so  and get more upset with his provider before I point out that he has been stealing from me and I would like some beer tokens if he would like me to give him 24/7 internet.  Thumbs:

Don't bother turning the router off - just set a good WPA security password.

If you've already done that - and he really is using your interweb then be afraid, very afraid 'cos he prolly werks for the NSA or MI5/6 . . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #29131 on: September 19, 2013, 06:13:38 PM »
I came back home to find the bloke next door going up and down from the roof with his laptop. I initially went inside my place to find that I had no leccy...he was out on the landing huffing & puffing about no internet. After I went downstairs to sort the trip switch out he was happily back in his place on his puter.

This avro I went to the pub and turned off my router. I came back to him huffing and puffing again.  noooo:
"Is it a strong signal?"
"Yep"  ;)
"Well mine is down and the man who provided my package will not answer his phone!!" he shouts

Anyways I have not yet told him that he seems to be on my system. He likes to play online games, so every now and again I just turn the router off and ruin whatever game he is playing......he then gets on the telephone to shout at his tv/internet provider that the package is shite.
I will let him carry on for a day or so  and get more upset with his provider before I point out that he has been stealing from me and I would like some beer tokens if he would like me to give him 24/7 internet.  Thumbs:

If you've already done that - and he really is using your interweb then be afraid, very afraid 'cos he prolly werks for the NSA or MI5/6 . . . .

Not quite so straight forward as that.

I do not know the router password. The girlfriend who has gone knows it but I cannot get hold of her at the moment. The phone line is in my ex-wife's name and the phone company will only deal with her and I do not want to give her the chance of screwing up the situation any further.  noooo: In the short term the on/off scenario will upset him enough to tell his provider they can stick their package, then I will charge him a moderate sum to continue to 'share' my wifi.  Thumbs:

It is just the feckin cheek that they 'borrow' my wifi and prolly charge him for the privilege.  noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #29132 on: September 19, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »

"Is it a strong signal?"
"Yep"  ;)

I do not know the router password. The girlfriend who has gone knows it but I cannot get hold of her at the moment. The phone line is in my ex-wife's name and the phone company will only deal with her and I do not want to give her the chance of screwing up the situation any further.  noooo: In the short term the on/off scenario will upset him enough to tell his provider they can stick their package, then I will charge him a moderate sum to continue to 'share' my wifi.  Thumbs:

It is just the feckin cheek that they 'borrow' my wifi and prolly charge him for the privilege.  noooo:

Tell Cyta your router is bust and get a new one!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #29133 on: September 19, 2013, 06:31:47 PM »

"Is it a strong signal?"
"Yep"  ;)

The ex-wife would have to do that......she would prolly close the account rather than help me out.  evil:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #29134 on: September 19, 2013, 06:35:25 PM »

"Is it a strong signal?"
"Yep"  ;)

The ex-wife would have to do that......she would prolly close the account rather than help me out.  evil:

You are popular then ....  Thumbs:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #29135 on: September 19, 2013, 06:37:29 PM »

"Is it a strong signal?"
"Yep"  ;)

Oh yes.  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #29136 on: September 19, 2013, 06:41:04 PM »

"Is it a strong signal?"
"Yep"  ;)

Oh yes.  Thumbs:

Off the Christmas card list....... noooo:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #29137 on: September 19, 2013, 06:42:46 PM »

"Is it a strong signal?"
"Yep"  ;)

Oh yes.  Thumbs:

Never on it....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #29138 on: September 19, 2013, 06:43:54 PM »

"Is it a strong signal?"
"Yep"  ;)

Oh yes.  Thumbs:

Eco friendly, save the trees you say?  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #29139 on: September 19, 2013, 07:38:25 PM »
Can't you reset the password if you link to it with an ethernet cable

Must be funny though to see the contortions of your thieving neighbour. happy001

Be careful what he does with your IP address
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #29140 on: September 19, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »

Must be funny though to see the contortions of your thieving neighbour. happy001

He is going mad.  lol:
I do not think he knows he is tapped into mine...hence his conversation with me. If he knew he was nicking it he would surely keep quiet.
I think his 'providers' have done it and are charging him. Which is why he is so annoyed.  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #29141 on: September 19, 2013, 10:26:13 PM »

I think the geezer stealing it should be more worried of wot Baldy watches......... whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #29142 on: September 19, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »

I think the geezer stealing it should be more worried of wot Baldy watches......... whistle:

I could post a  eeek: but I'd be lying
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #29143 on: September 19, 2013, 10:43:52 PM »

BM got me to sign up for his bedcam project.  Thumbs:

Not much to see so far. Just a couple of idiots sleeping on chocolate.  noooo:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #29144 on: September 19, 2013, 10:51:02 PM »

BM got me to sign up for his bedcam project.  Thumbs:

Not much to see so far. Just a couple of idiots sleeping on chocolate.  noooo:

;D ;D