Disgusterous

Author Topic: When simple tasks escalate a domino effect of problems  (Read 358 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
When simple tasks escalate a domino effect of problems
« on: December 13, 2009, 01:47:30 PM »
This morning I have attempted to watch a film in the Blu Ray player

The screen was flickering ( only when the movie was on ) not when the telly is on by itself

So take out Blu Ray and try DVD - same problem - therefore problem is player / TV connection or so you would think

Check all cables are fine then go through the settings on the TV  - all appear good

Check Blu Ray player doesn't need an upgrade - this was done a couple of weeks ago - that seems fine

Check TV doesn't need firmware upgrade - oh yes it would appear there is one required  ::)

Need to download support manual on how to do this - oh but before you can do that I need to upgrade my version of Adobe Acrobat Reader

This cannot be done by ethernet cable need to download to a USB stick and plug into TV and unzip program from there  rubschin:

However USB stick cannot have any other data on it

Have to find spare memory stick with not much on it then make sure I copy anything else I want on it to somewhere else before deleting  Shrugs:

Stick in USB in side of telly at the end of which Telly should turn itself off and then on again

Of course it doesn't turn back on and manual then says to disconnect from power source ...to do this I have to move hulking great TV on it's stand

I only wanted to watch a film on the telly  Banghead Banghead Banghead

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 02:21:16 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: When simple tasks escalate a domino effect of problems
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 02:21:20 PM »
That's modern high tech digital telly's and blueray shite for you then.
What I've been ranting about for ages, only you lot  think I'm just some sort of a bad tempered old bloody caveman or summat. ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 03:01:58 PM »
What I've been ranting about for ages, only you lot think I'm just some sort of a bad tempered old bloody caveman or summat. ::)

I agree with you Mr G ~ especially the bit about some sort of a bad tempered old bloody caveman or summat  ;)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 03:15:23 PM »
What I've been ranting about for ages, only you lot think I'm just some sort of a bad tempered old bloody caveman or summat. ::)

I agree with you Mr G ~ especially the bit about some sort of a bad tempered old bloody caveman or summat  ;)

Cheers Snoops. Much appreciated. happy088

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »
Domino effect...  scared2:

Like when going to chuck something in the kitchen bin > bin full > take bag out of bin > bag splits > gunge on floor > fetch wet cloth from lower cupboard > stand up and bang head on open upper cupboard > ouch! blood  eeek: > go to bathroom > try to find a plaster > find plaster but can't see to remove plastic backing > fetch glasses > where are glasses? > find glasses > what was I doing? > ah, bathroom > see (with glasses) that plaster won't stick to hair > rinse wound > dry wound > back to kitchen > ah, gunge on floor > wet cloth on floor > something's burning > Yikes! Bacon under grill > use wet cloth to remove grill > causing steam which scalds! > drop grill!  ... etc etc  noooo:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 05:02:31 PM »
 happy100

Yep - just like that  lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »
Domino effect...  scared2:

Like when going to chuck something in the kitchen bin > bin full > take bag out of bin > bag splits > gunge on floor > fetch wet cloth from lower cupboard > stand up and bang head on open upper cupboard > ouch! blood  eeek: > go to bathroom > try to find a plaster > find plaster but can't see to remove plastic backing > fetch glasses > where are glasses? > find glasses > what was I doing? > ah, bathroom > see (with glasses) that plaster won't stick to hair > rinse wound > dry wound > back to kitchen > ah, gunge on floor > wet cloth on floor > something's burning > Yikes! Bacon under grill > use wet cloth to remove grill > causing steam which scalds! > drop grill!  ... etc etc  noooo:
lol: lol: lol:

Welcome to my world...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: