Author Topic: Latest teenage rant thread.  (Read 57987 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Latest teenage rant thread.
« Reply #405 on: March 22, 2010, 09:16:39 AM »
She does live with me and goes to her dad's every other weekend.

However the phone has been ringing since 6 o' clock this morning with her demanding to come home , that she has the worst parents in the world, that she has rights blah , blah , blah. Great way to start a Monday morning.

I'm thinking she should go and work for B.A with those sort of negotiating skills  lol:

OK. So why's her dad 'confiscated' her then?

Sorry, but I'm either dim or I'm missing summat here. ::)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #406 on: March 22, 2010, 09:18:10 AM »
I vote "dim"  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #407 on: March 22, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »
She does live with me and goes to her dad's every other weekend.

However the phone has been ringing since 6 o' clock this morning with her demanding to come home , that she has the worst parents in the world, that she has rights blah , blah , blah. Great way to start a Monday morning.

I'm thinking she should go and work for B.A with those sort of negotiating skills  lol:

You could move!  eveilgrin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #408 on: March 22, 2010, 09:24:16 AM »
Her dad has 'confiscated' her because he works from home quite a bit. Therefore she will not have the freedom and accessibility to all her things that she takes for granted now.  Her friends will not be able to come over in  the mornings ( after I have left for work ) and in the evenings ( until I get home from work) .

Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #409 on: March 22, 2010, 09:24:54 AM »
Sorry to hear you are going through it again Miss D.

A few pointers that we old sages now know.

1. Teenage girls are selfish cows who always want more money, toys, boys, freedom.

2. The best you ever get between a mother and daughters is a sort of truce in later life.

3. Teenage girls learn the ways of twisting men round their little fingers, by practice on their fathers.

4. Teenage girls are selfish cows.
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #410 on: March 22, 2010, 09:29:43 AM »
Sorry to hear you are going through it again Miss D.

A few pointers that we old sages now know.

1. Teenage girls are selfish cows who always want more money, toys, boys, freedom.

2. The best you ever get between a mother and daughters is a sort of truce in later life.

3. Teenage girls learn the ways of twisting men round their little fingers, by practice on their fathers.

4. Teenage girls are selfish cows.

Just in case like. lol:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #411 on: March 22, 2010, 09:33:23 AM »
I vote "dim"  noooo:

Get stuffed mouse.
You shouldn't be on this thread anyway, you gloating pig. evil:

Haven't you got some other important life disaster to be reporting on, like exploding goats in a microwave or summat? ::)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #412 on: March 22, 2010, 09:35:20 AM »
Completely selfish Darwin tis true. This is what hurts most tbh. She has seen me so upset in recent weeks with the stuff going on with mum and appears not to care one bit

However I am prolly the soft one and have let her get away with far too much - her dad on the other hand is quite strict. This will not be an easy week for her.
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #413 on: March 22, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »
Completely selfish Darwin tis true. This is what hurts most tbh. She has seen me so upset in recent weeks with the stuff going on with mum and appears not to care one bit

However I am prolly the soft one and have let her get away with far too much - her dad on the other hand is quite strict. This will not be an easy week for her.

Might just do her some good then ey?
Might even appreciate you a bit more p'raps?

Hard enough having two parents on hand dealing with these selfish petulant little girly sprogs, so being on your own with one must be absolute hell sometimes/most times/constantly.

On saying that, I seem to be being left on my own with MM regulary these days too.
Absolutely hate it.

At least 5/10 years ago we could go out together and have bike rides, walks, fun and stuff, now I'm just looked upon as some sort of punch bag cash machine to be verbally abused, and whobetide me of I dare so much to stand my ground and disagree, in'it, wha'ever. ::)

Even Growler jnr is having to come between us sometimes to calm situations down.
She makes my bladder boil constantly. evil:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:46:30 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Nick

« Reply #414 on: March 22, 2010, 10:39:47 AM »
I vote "dim"  noooo:

Get stuffed mouse.

Haven't you got some other important life disaster to be reporting on, like exploding goats in a microwave or summat? ::)

Well, Mrs Nick and I seem to be arming our respective solicitors at present  noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #415 on: March 22, 2010, 10:41:51 AM »
I vote "dim"  noooo:

Get stuffed mouse.

Well, Mrs Nick and I seem to be arming our respective solicitors at present  noooo:

Expensive then...?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #416 on: March 22, 2010, 10:42:34 AM »
Prolly  noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #417 on: March 22, 2010, 10:43:16 AM »

Darwin is right. I speak as one with a daughter of (nearly) 40 and another who is nearly 17.
Mothers are the enemy in many cases simply because they are competition for Dad's affections. In your situation I appreciate that this generalisation is not applicable.
As for Growler's problems ~ classic case again of hell having no fury like a woman scorned or in his case a daughter who he is trying to protect but she sees it as him trying to restrict her and prevent her from growing up.

A thought that does occur is that the Brat will act up at the moment simply because she too is worried about Grandmother but being immature (emotionally) she handles it with aggression.

Aggression is taught in schools ~ they call it assertiveness but they too don't allow for the emotional immaturity of their students.

You are depicted as the enemy at school, by her peer group, by the teaching staff, by government etc etc. They all advise assertiveness.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #418 on: March 22, 2010, 10:54:17 AM »
This seems to be turning into a mumsnet/dadsnet thread.

Need a seperate room.

Padded?

RTFM

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #419 on: March 22, 2010, 11:56:09 AM »
Padded?
surrender:
I thought my little accident had gone un-noticed.  redface:
I mostly despair