Disgusterous

Author Topic: 1 down 9 commandments left  (Read 571 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
1 down 9 commandments left
« on: December 22, 2009, 02:09:45 PM »
According to one Church of England vicar, we can steal after all.

Father Tim Jones, the parish priest of St Lawrence and St Hilda in York, told his congregation on Sunday that certain vulnerable people face difficult situations.

"My advice, as a Christian priest, is to shoplift," he said. "I do not offer such advice because I think that stealing is a good thing, or because I think it is harmless, for it is neither."

The reverend did set some parameters for anyone planning a shoplifting binge.

"I would ask that they do not steal from small, family businesses, but from large national businesses, knowing that the costs are ultimately passed on to the rest of us in the form of higher prices," he said, adding: "I would ask them not to take any more than they need, for any longer than they need."

Jones, whose description on his church's website says he has served as chaplain at a prison, said his words should not be "misrepresented as a simplistic call for people to shoplift". He said some people have little option but to turn to crime.

So it's ok to steal as long as it is moral stealing  - who makes that judgement you and God of course  ::)

Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: 1 down 9 commandments left
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:11:31 PM »
According to one Church of England vicar, we can steal after all.

Father Tim Jones, the parish priest of St Lawrence and St Hilda in York, told his congregation on Sunday that certain vulnerable people face difficult situations.

"My advice, as a Christian priest, is to shoplift," he said. "I do not offer such advice because I think that stealing is a good thing, or because I think it is harmless, for it is neither."

The reverend did set some parameters for anyone planning a shoplifting binge.

"I would ask that they do not steal from small, family businesses, but from large national businesses, knowing that the costs are ultimately passed on to the rest of us in the form of higher prices," he said, adding: "I would ask them not to take any more than they need, for any longer than they need."

Jones, whose description on his church's website says he has served as chaplain at a prison, said his words should not be "misrepresented as a simplistic call for people to shoplift". He said some people have little option but to turn to crime.

So it's ok to steal as long as it is moral stealing  - who makes that judgement you and God of course  ::)

They should hang him!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »
With his own bell-rope  evil:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 08:10:58 PM »
This attack is pastor pasta  past a joke
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 09:56:44 PM »
Excellent. Only thing wrong was that he took the pasta out of the tins before he threw it. eveilgrin:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Mr Happy

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 08:43:13 PM »
The pastor and god must have the easiest job in the world passing judgement...

Forgiven!