Author Topic: Getting back to werk after a long break  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Getting back to werk after a long break
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 07:18:05 PM »
Certainly looks like you are going to be having a very busy week this week too  happy100

Are you gritting your teeth to get through  ;)

lol: (To sharp by half)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Mr Happy

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 11:45:54 PM »
My day started with a nice full inbox and an email stating:

Thanks for the work you did for us last week, we wish to send out a similar communication on Jan 4th.  If the table of customers is ready by 10am could an email be deployed early afternoon.

I reply:

We normally require 3 to 5 days to turn around such a piece of work.  Fortunately there is little in the plan for today and I shall liase with the relevant people to confirm that it is possible.

30minutes later:

Could someone please let me know if this is achievable as nobody seems to be bothered to reply.

Me:

I refer you to my earlier email confirming that I will action this work and I am checking with those in the ecommerce team that they are able to meet the deadline.  Your earlier email referred to a table of customers to target, can you tell me if this has been completed as I can begin to process the required criteria?

Twatface:

The table will not be ready until tomorrow, I hope this wont cause any issues.

point:

My reply though may come back and bite me on the ass:

Thankyou for confirming when the table will be ready.  However, we will have slight issues in deploying an email today to a targeted base of customers that will not be decided until tomorrow.  I shall spend the afternoon working on time travel, though if achieved I can't promise that I will be here as opposed to placing bets on last years sporting events.

Banghead

All that holiday, wasted!

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 05:01:44 AM »
Thankyou for confirming when the table will be ready.  However, we will have slight issues in deploying an email today to a targeted base of customers that will not be decided until tomorrow.  I shall spend the afternoon working on time travel, though if achieved I can't promise that I will be here as opposed to placing bets on last years sporting events.

Banghead

All that holiday, wasted!

I'm sure I will have need to return here and copy and paste in the near future  ;D

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 09:16:45 AM »
Day 2: My little department of three ~ yesterday we had on member of staff off because his son had an 'inset day' Today he should be in, not arrived yet. But the other member is off because her baby daughter is unwell.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 10:59:11 AM »
You would think in this day and age people would nurse and nurture their jobs ..... just to make sure they are still there next month. Continued absences for pathetic reasons will only serve to prove that the department can function without them and when the axe falls they will be astonished.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »
Day 2: My little department of three ~ yesterday we had on member of staff off because his son had an 'inset day' Today he should be in, not arrived yet. But the other member is off because her baby daughter is unwell.

Well even though I REALLY don't fancy driving up the no doubt gridlocked slightly snowy M56, I'll have to, as I won't earn anything if I don't.
Self employment>>>>>simple but highly effective cure for bone idelness and a bit of lead swinging ey? ::)

Mr Happy

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2010, 05:29:34 PM »
Somebody in my 'team' couldn't make it from Bootle to Speke despite me making it from Crewe.

This same individual didn't make the two days she was required to werk between xmas and new year (due to having used all her holidays) claiming to be ill.  Strange that she was well enough for her party on the first night to which she invited colleagues.

Idiot.

What pisses me off is that the company doesn't suffer, it's the rest of us that have to cover her (very nice) arse.

Ahhh, forgiven!  redface:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 05:31:34 PM »
...it's the rest of us that have to cover her (very nice) arse.

Ahhh, forgiven!  redface:

Women certainly know how to use their assets. Curse them!

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 05:33:43 PM »
Mis D does this too I fear  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
I do not  evil:

If I am due in work I will be there. Only had 3 days off sick in the last 4 years and as a single parent have not taken any time off sick because of madam being poorly - we don't have parental leave allowance either

Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »
Simple solution to the brat being poorly (worked for me as a kid) find the worst tasting medecine you can and give them it. It didnt matter how ill we felt after that there was no way we were ever going to say we were poorly.  sick2:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2010, 07:30:38 PM »
As long as you're not dressed as Mrs Nick you will be safe  ;)
Skubber

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2010, 07:32:40 PM »
As long as you're not dressed as Mrs Nick you will be safe  ;)

whacky115
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »
I do not  evil:

If I am due in work I will be there. Only had 3 days off sick in the last 4 years and as a single parent have not taken any time off sick because of madam being poorly - we don't have parental leave allowance either

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
Your assistance , as always , is appreciated  cloud9:

lol:
Skubber